It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mother's first experience with possible spirit guide?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
I realize some of you posting info for mental illness sites are just trying to help but as a person who has been experiencing this kind of activity since i was a little kid and has even gotten stronger as i got older i can tell you from personal experience that this is one reason why more people don't talk about their experiences. Before i start to rant, I'm gonna cut myself off and just say that your scaring the woman and i talk to other people day in and day out from every walk of life and age range you can think of who have and see these things and they ain't crazy...

firstly id like to point out i was offering some proffesional advice,which may help,
Secondly i never called anyone crazy,i was offering support and advice for well known symptoms to some diseases the older generation get, as the ops mother is 60.
All the symptons the lady is describing as i said in my other post is the early warning signs of parkinsons and alzeimers, im sure if there was a problem and it was your mother you would want to get it checked out, to put your mind at rest?Im not trying to scare anyone im trying to be supportive and help.Putting forward other possibility's that if caught early enough something can be done about them.

Unruptured Cerebral Aneurysm Symptoms Before an aneurysm ruptures, patients often experience no symptoms of brain aneurysms. In about 40 percent of cases, people with unruptured aneurysms will experience some or all of the following cerebral aneurysm symptoms: Peripheral vision deficits

www.sciencedaily.com...
The lady needs to be aware of all possibility's , as it says above" Peripheral vision deficits"
www.sciencedaily.com...
brain.oxfordjournals.org...
People need to be aware of other things that may be causing visual disturbances.As a medical matter which is left undiagnosed and untreated can be very serious.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
reply to post by autowrench

I think it was a neat experience for her, and I am sure she is not scared by it, just maybe a little puzzled. I am sure she doesn't have any illness, but it wouldn't hurt to be check out in those areas. My mom, like I said was a Jehovah's Witness years ago, and they do think the paranormal is bad, but she is open to it, and doesn't think it's a bad thing.

I was once visited by my now 3 year old, 7 years ago. Sounds weird but I knew it was him, and to look at him now compared to my vision, it was him for sure. I don't explain the other dimension stuff to my mom, it would be too much for her to take it.

I would like to ask how you are sure she doesn't have have any illness?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Too funny! You people talking as if age 62 is "elderly" and "old people." 62 isn't even retired, normally. Only yunguns would think 62 is "old" (Hint: It's the new 40.) 62 is hardly geriatric. I was talking with my 12 year old grandson the other day, who told me all he thought about was video games and girls and he wondered what old people ever thought about. I told him, "Well, I don't think about video games."

To the topic, the peripheral vision issue is interesting. Your visual acuity is better to the side than straight on. For example, if you want to see a star more clearly, look to the side of it and it will show up better. It has been said of fairies that you can only see them from the side, but they disappear if you look directly at them. Of course we're in the realm of mythology on fairies, but it sure sounds familiar.

I look at this seriously. If the "Other Side" (I use the term loosely) is actually co-habiting our space at a different and higher frequency, then this might be an interesting clue. At this point you are labeling it yourself with "guardian angel" or "spirit guide." That may not be what it is at all. If your mother is up for it it would be interesting to see if she can make contact.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I didn't call 60 old , its just a well known fact that people in there 60 s tend to be more prone to alzeihmers and parkinsons.These diseases seem to hit more people in there 60 s and above its just that age.It is simply a fact that i cannot change.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
By giant proportions does she mean around 8 feet. Blond 8 foot tall ETs are connected with Telos and underground bases, and I imagine they are dimensional.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

I really don't think this points directly to parkinson's or alzheimer's. While hallucinations do occur in these diseases, it's usually during the middle and later stages. There would be a lot of other obvious symptoms happening before the hallucinations start.

If it was due to a physical problem, it could be a stroke - but again, I would think there might be other symptoms as well.

If the OP's mom hasn't had a physical in some time, it surely wouldn't hurt -- but I wouldn't be too worried if there aren't any other symptoms present.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru

I didn't call 60 old , its just a well known fact that people in there 60 s tend to be more prone to alzeihmers and parkinsons.These diseases seem to hit more people in there 60 s and above its just that age.It is simply a fact that i cannot change.

Sure you did. The funny part is that 62 is still a working age. It is not geriatric. 75? 80? OK. I could see it, but 62? Nope. We're still earning a paycheck and paying our taxes, bud. I've known a couple of stoned out meth heads in their twenties who act like they have Alzheimers, but I've never known anyone in their sixties who has. All that may be coming around the bend, but it ain't here yet and it's a bit of an insult for you "well meaning" folks to suggest it, frankly. This is ATS, bot some god damned parkinsons family support forum. How about getting with the program? The lady saw a kind of weird thing.

So what now? If it's an isolated incident, nowhere else to go. If she sees it again, report back. Could be interesting. Might be nothing. But deal with the issue instead of throwing out all these red herrings.

I also find it amazing that, especially on ATS, someone reports what you could probably call a vision and immediately people jump on the bandwagon suggesting they are sick!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Sure you did.

Like where?
Next to that being 60+ is considered 'the elderly'

The funny part is that 62 is still a working age. It is not geriatric. 75? 80? OK. I could see it, but 62? Nope. We're still earning a paycheck and paying our taxes, bud. I've known a couple of stoned out meth heads in their twenties who act like they have Alzheimers, but I've never known anyone in their sixties who has. All that may be coming around the bend, but it ain't here yet and it's a bit of an insult for you "well meaning" folks to suggest it, frankly. This is ATS, bot some god damned parkinsons family support forum. How about getting with the program? The lady saw a kind of weird thing.

So what is ATS then? 'a goddamn family support group for infantile fantasies?' see it swings both ways and I think i get it. You feel personaly offended but it also made you miss the point.And the fact that you do not know anyone personaly with a brain disease means what ?

Micheal J.Fox got parkinson at age 37 and i do not think you will convince anyone that at 60+ people do not get susceptible to it.

Alzheimer and parkinson were mentioned but not excluding other conditions.

So what now? If it's an isolated incident, nowhere else to go. If she sees it again, report back. Could be interesting. Might be nothing. But deal with the issue instead of throwing out all these red herrings.

I also find it amazing that, especially on ATS, someone reports what you could probably call a vision and immediately people jump on the bandwagon suggesting they are sick!

Yes we mean well and as i said earlier i said it because of my own personal experience. Someone mentions his or her mother sees or hear things one can :

A: send them to a Witch doctor priest,exorcist,paranormal investigator or w/e just in case it is a spirit guide or a guardian angel

or

B:Make sure the mundane is ruled out in case it is a real life disease that occurs worldwide every day,you do the math.(it saves lives)

The next time you want to question my morality ,come out with better points and leave the infantile remarks and your 'goddamn' language to yourself.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

Since this happened a week or so ago, she has been to see her doctor.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well my mom is 5'3'' and she was guessing he was around 7 feet. That is based on proportions, he was also in a sitting/kneeling position.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It was herself, in the distant future after she has died, and is in the process of time dwelling back into the past. She has seen what is "on the other side" after living a full and long life and is now trying to guide her still embodied self toward a better outcome.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My mom is very health for 62, she also only looks to be about 45. A lot of people think she is my older sister, lol!
Anyway, mental illnesses such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer don't run in the family, so I feel that isn't it.

I do however appreciate the comments suggesting that, that may be an issue to look at. Looking at this from all angles is the only way to really shed some light on this.

I bring this up today because I had the chance to talk to her more in depth today about the experience, and even though she had told me about it the day it happened, she was able to give me details. I am hoping it happens again, and she admits that she hopes it does too.

I really do appreciate EVERYONES comments, thank you all so much!

edit on 9-1-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

While it is prudent to check out health things, and to rule out other more natural explanations for this, it is also not reckless to consider that she did, indeed, see a spirit.

Who, or what...how can anyone know? I think if you talk with her and allow her to discuss this, then she will feel supported and not like some kind of incompetent.

And 62 is not all that old. Sorry and all that. It's not.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
As a former adherent of science, when my daughter started talking about spirits and other entities from a very young age, I naturally dismissed it as childhood folly. I told her that they weren't real, that they were just her imagination. She never believed me, thank god. In her teens it became a problem for her because she very much wanted to be "normal" and not see the things she saw. Now, in her early 20s, we share the ability to see all manner of things. She has taught me not to dismiss things that "aren't real", because they are very real indeed. We see the same things quite often - far too often to even question their reality anymore, let alone to dismiss as some mental illness or "coincidence". Not just my daughter and me though. My other two children see these things very well, very clearly, and very often at the same time.

Those who dismiss these things out of hand are perhaps in need of updating their awareness. It is a sign of poor intellect and even worse vision to disregard things that are very clearly right there in front of you, simply because you cannot accept their existence. Even in the case of mental illness, who is to say that those people are not seeing what really is right there? My daughter has seen a very apparently schizophrenic man talking to someone who was "standing right next to him". No one could see the guy standing next to the man but the man himself and my daughter. My daughter sees some levels that I cannot. But that being/entity was very clearly right next to that mentally ill man. Was the man then genuinely ill or just existing more on other levels?

We need to reassess our judgments of things. Because not everyone can see these things does not in anyway indicate their nonexistence. Indeed, it more indicates our closed-mindedness.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

The whole reason I bring this up, is because I did talk to her on two occasions about this sighting and I am in no way telling her that she is crazy. I am the only person she knows who would not judge her on this. I am merely trying to see others opinions on the matter in order to be able to talk further with her, and to bring in more suggestions.

I never said 62 was old, it my mothers case (and many others) it's not old. Everyone ages differently. I said before my mother looks and acts more like 45.

At this point I would like to get off the topic of her age and more on the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Is this honestly the first time she has had a wtf moment?
I only ask coz its got to be harder to accept once you've been here 60+ years thinking that all you can see is all there is. Its highly likely that nothing else will happen anyway, most people have seen something at some point and then nothing....
If it was my mum I think the most comforting thing you could do is introduce her to the millions of accounts of similar occurances, once she can see its not unusual and happens to all kinds of people everywhere she may even start to read up on other things, come to her own conclusion regarding her experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
A lot of people believe that the other "beings" can be seen in different light spectrum's. And it just so happens that a thin line around our peripheral can see in a different light spectrum. That's why people see things out of the corner of their eyes.

And for what is could be, who knows?

Ghost?
Spirit guide?
A giant existing in the same space but in a different dimension?

Unless she had contact with it i wouldn't venture off and say it's her guide.

Although our guides tend to be "with" us more than those other entities.

Just tell you mom not to ever get scared, if its negative and she feeds it fear she could be creating her own problem. Tell her too just pay attention to things like this more often. Maybe teach her how to meditate? She could expand her awareness and maybe start picking up on these things more and more, seems like she already has an advanced ability to be aware of such things!

goodday!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Sure you did. The funny part is that 62 is still a working age. It is not geriatric. 75? 80? OK. I could see it, but 62? Nope. We're still earning a paycheck and paying our taxes, bud. I've known a couple of stoned out meth heads in their twenties who act like they have Alzheimers, but I've never known anyone in their sixties who has. All that may be coming around the bend, but it ain't here yet and it's a bit of an insult for you "well meaning" folks to suggest it, frankly. This is ATS, bot some god damned parkinsons family support forum. How about getting with the program? The lady saw a kind of weird thing.

Thank you for saying that so i didn't have to.

Well said.

Pretty ignorant if ya ask me.

Even on ATS, it's refreshing to see someone with an open mind.

Good day!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
I realize some of you posting info for mental illness sites are just trying to help but as a person who has been experiencing this kind of activity since i was a little kid and has even gotten stronger as i got older i can tell you from personal experience that this is one reason why more people don't talk about their experiences. Before i start to rant, I'm gonna cut myself off and just say that your scaring the woman and i talk to other people day in and day out from every walk of life and age range you can think of who have and see these things and they ain't crazy...

I Agree.... As if it's logical for a 62 year old to have tumors or any illness. I know more than plenty FIT 60/70 yr-olds!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Third eye vision, I love it!! Tell your mama not to worry, the simple fact that she felt relaxed is a good indicator that whoever was afoot was not malevolent. She might be more susceptible to these types of occurrences now, it has been my experience that once you learn to "see" with peripheral vision it is almost impossible not to do so again. Just like once you learn to ride a bike, you never forget how to. I have to add that I to have a mom in her early sixties, I have noticed that the shift in consciousness seems to be taking toll on some of the baby boomer generation, not all of them, but enough. I think that age bracket is going to have the hardest time with the shift. Thank God for kids like us, who think outside the box and can help them to adjust.

PLPL
edit on 10-1-2012 by Minori because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join