It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mother's first experience with possible spirit guide?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
To start off, my mother was afraid to tell me about the following because she thought I would think she was crazy. I am the only person she has told so far and my only explanation for her was that it was her spirit guide. Although getting older, my mom is still "all there" in the head, and given her religious background, this is not something she would make up.

About a week ago, my mom was sitting in her apartment alone reading a book. She said that while reading she noticed this figure sitting diagonally to her right against the wall. She said it was a young man with strawberry blonde hair, and seem to be giant in proportion to her. She told me that while she was reading she had become very relaxed and that's when she noticed this man sitting with her. She could make him out clearly in her peripheral vision but as soon as she looked up to acknowledge him, he was gone. She did not feel afraid of him or have any feels that would suggest something evil.

We cannot think of anyone passed on who fits the description and my first thought was that it was her spirit guide.I don't know much about spirit guides so I couldn't really explain it well to her, but we talked about it again today and she is still a little shaken by the experience. It was the first time in her life (she is 62) that anything like that has ever happened to her.

I told her I would asks some friends to see what others think of it, and maybe some way to explore it more. By friends I meant ATS as I don't know anyone personally who would know anything about such things.

Wanted to add that just talking about this experience gets her very emotional. This is why I feel this was real. ( to her at least)
edit on 9-1-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Hi, has your mum started to take new medication recently?

edit: to say that it´s a serious question
edit on 9/1/2012 by Jooles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jooles

No, I asked her that as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Interesting. I know you said that the man vanished when see looked right at him, but was your mum able to tell through her peripherals, if he was looking at her?
What made you say spirit guide over spirit/ghost?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Did this entity seem to take notice of her in anyway? I realize this experience was probably only a few seconds long but it seems like she got a good look at it. I'm reluctant to say its a spirit guide, only because in my experiences with helping others with their guides, they tend to show themselves in dreams until a firm relationship is established, then they may show themselves physically. It could just be what i call a 'walk-in' meaning a spirit just passing through. And the calming feeling she felt could of either been from what she was reading which may have caused her to see the entity (meaning it put her in the right frame of mind to have the experience) or it was caused by the presence of it being there, hard to tell unless it happens again.
edit on 9-1-2012 by roaland because: add info

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is not my intention to be nasty here but a lot of brain diseases which occur in elderly produce to various degree's hallucinations.I would before asuming anything paranormal consult a doctor.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Could be a spirit guide, could be a ghost. Just depends. Should she see this person again, ask her to be more careful not to look at him if he disappeared and didn't come back. However, he may have just been making himself apparent to her so that she will recognize him next time and not be frightened. In either case, she has nothing to fear.

Ghosts often make themselves apparent to sensitives in some way too, and this is not an unusual way to do so. He may have something unsettled in his life and may want some help. Very often they will be on their way before long. If this is the first sighting, that may be the case, though they are usually more active during the summer months. I only assumed you're in the Northern hemisphere so if it happens to be summer where you are, that could be a contributory factor as well. There are huge energy changes going on and everything is in a bit of a mess right now.

If your mother lives near any major construction work going on, that too could have something to do with it. We had some blasting of rock done near our home last summer and it released all manner of entities, which then went on to wreak all kinds of havoc in our neighborhood.

But if this is her spirit guide making contact, there is probably something worthwhile afoot. Have her open to him and look for other messages (also known as coincidences to the uninitiated
) and know "they" are trying to tell her something. Best advice: Pay attention.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You didn't mention your mother's religious background from what I could tell.

Why did she think "spirit guide" instead of "guardian angel"?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

She didn't.'Littlevoice' (her daughter) did.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

Yes, she said it was looking at her.
She has lived there for about 6 years and has never seen him before, and just the way she talked about it, maybe think to stories I had read about spirit guides.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

She has not mentioned having any dreams about him from before. I will have to ask her about that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am the one who told her about spirit guides and when I explained it I used the term guardian angel to help. She was a member of Kingdom Hall many many years ago, but has held on to some of their ways to this day. Seeing a ghost or anything would be considered a demon in their way of thinking. My mom is open minded to a point though and I think that is why she told me.
edit on 9-1-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: Spelling

edit on 9-1-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hey there not to worry you , but being a mental health nurse, maybe as your mother is getting older, take her to the doctors to rule out a few older people diseases? As rafe pointed out quite rightly so

Originally posted by Rafe_
It is not my intention to be nasty here but a lot of brain diseases which occur in elderly produce to various degree's hallucinations.I would before asuming anything paranormal consult a doctor.

some links below give you the links between hallucinations and alzeimers and parkinsons, it would be wise to get her checked out.

Some people with Parkinson's may experience hallucinations or delusions.

helpguide.org...

Hallucinations can occur for all the senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste, and perception of our body), though visual hallucinations are thought to be the most common type experienced by people with dementia.

alzheimers.org.uk...
Hope this may be of some help

edit on 9-1-2012 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well that makes sense, I would be more inclined to say guide if he seemed aware of her too but who knows...
Obviously if your mum has had no previous 'wierd' experiences, then that would freak her out. From what you said though that seems to have been quite a calm experience really.
If it is her spirit guide then I have to agree with the other poster, its unlikely to make first contact in such an abrupt way so it would be worth keeping her eyes peeled for signs.
Ghost..... thats just as possible and there are any number of reasons why the spirit would not need to have been a family member or friend.
Personally I love a mysterious encounter such as this and the main thing to relate to your mum is that she has nothing to be afraid of.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I realize some of you posting info for mental illness sites are just trying to help but as a person who has been experiencing this kind of activity since i was a little kid and has even gotten stronger as i got older i can tell you from personal experience that this is one reason why more people don't talk about their experiences. Before i start to rant, I'm gonna cut myself off and just say that your scaring the woman and i talk to other people day in and day out from every walk of life and age range you can think of who have and see these things and they ain't crazy...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731

I am the one who told her about spirit guides and when I explained it I used the term guardian angel to help. She was a member of Kingdom Hall many many years ago, but has held on to some of their ways to this day. Seeing a ghost or anything would be considered a demon in their way of thinking. My mom is open minded to a point though and I think that is why she told me.

I think Spirit Guide is a much better term than Guardian Angel. A Guardian Angel, to put it quite bluntly, is you, you the half of one Divine Spirit, your other half being in the Spirit World when you are here, and vise versa.

Spirit Guides, however, can be people, friends, relatives from past lives bringing information to her, this has happened to me, or, it could be someone from another dimension, this has happened to me also. It could also be someone from your future.

Please don't let people tell you it is demons, or some other dogma, it is what it is, don't make it more than it is.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
I realize some of you posting info for mental illness sites are just trying to help but as a person who has been experiencing this kind of activity since i was a little kid and has even gotten stronger as i got older i can tell you from personal experience that this is one reason why more people don't talk about their experiences. Before i start to rant, I'm gonna cut myself off and just say that your scaring the woman and i talk to other people day in and day out from every walk of life and age range you can think of who have and see these things and they ain't crazy...

Do you know what is scary,Hearing from the doctor that it is by now too late to help her and that if her condition was caught a mere months earlier she would have had a very good chance of survival.

THAT is my experience.

But i will piss off and leave you too it so you can discuss spirits and guardian angels while ignoring the reality of such symptoms.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I think it was a neat experience for her, and I am sure she is not scared by it, just maybe a little puzzled. I am sure she doesn't have any illness, but it wouldn't hurt to be check out in those areas. My mom, like I said was a Jehovah's Witness years ago, and they do think the paranormal is bad, but she is open to it, and doesn't think it's a bad thing.

I was once visited by my now 3 year old, 7 years ago. Sounds weird but I knew it was him, and to look at him now compared to my vision, it was him for sure. I don't explain the other dimension stuff to my mom, it would be too much for her to take it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I understand your concern but she said something that is very common in these experiences

She could make him out clearly in her peripheral vision but as soon as she looked up to acknowledge him, he was gone

I'm not saying don't look at all the options, what i am saying is that line fits 90% of paranormal experiences I've heard in my years as a ghost hunter documenting this kind of activity

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You may never figure out what it was, and it may never happen again. I say that, because of my own experience.

When I was in my early thirties, I awoke one night to see a male entity standing to the left of my bed. I don't know if he was standing or floating, because I couldn't see his feet - but if he was standing, he was very tall (maybe 8 feet?) because his head was very close to my 10-foot ceiling.

He had light colored shoulder-length hair -- I'm not sure if it was white, grey or blond -- with a neatly trimmed goatee/mustache. He looked ageless, neither young nor old. He wore a white robe, and no, I didn't see any wings.

He was facing the opposite wall of my bedroom, and was still as a stone. He never moved, and I never received any communication - telepathic or otherwise. The weird thing is, I was totally calm as I watched him for about 5 minutes. I thought maybe he was a statue. I remember I started to get very sleepy, so I just turned my head away from him and went right to sleep! So weird that I would have that reaction.

The next morning, I immediately remembered the incident, and freaked out the way I normally would have. To this day, I have no idea what I saw, and I have never seen him again. I have never been a particularly religious person, but he did have a very "Jesus" look about him. I've always wanted to see him again, but never have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join