It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Cancels Water Delivery to Dimock, Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a bit of a devil's advocate position I thought I'd take since it's another hot topic.

How many jobs would be lost if fracking is made illegal? I don't imagine it would be very many, and it would be a small price to pay for clean water. Just food for thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Allentown, Pennsylvania - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency abruptly changed its mind Saturday about delivering fresh water to residents of a northeastern Pennsylvania village where residential wells were found to be tainted by a natural gas drilling operation.

interesting.... so .. basically their water supply was tainted and now they have to get their water from..

the city ?? which before it was free.. but now they have to pay for it..

interesting to say the least..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

im close, but significant distance between me and allentown.. Though its odd, cause over night saturday, our water main broke and the EPA gave us these papers about water being conttaminated and now im supposed to wait till I can use my water.. They say its contaminated, and I thought it may have had to do with frac. Im not veryy happy. Buyin lots of bottled water, and boiling even more.. Its ridiculous. I wonder whats up as im like 20 30 maybe even 40 miles from allentown. All I know is I havent been able to use my water since sunday morning.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you can show a direct correlation between the time they started fracking and the water going bad, you have something.
It makes NO sense the EPA would not supply good water because it's an admission of guilt regarding water contamanation. None.
The water is bad.
I'm not sure it's the EPA's responsibility to provide good water. It seems to me, that should be another department.
As to the CAUSE and source of the bad water?

EPA.

It reminds me of the movie Jaws when they left the beaches open to keep the revenue going.

Lettem frack a little longer. What's a few good peoples lives for the "cause?"

Wanna bet someones getting paid to allow this to continue?

Where's MSM? OH? Old news? It's not fixed. Current news.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Welcome to the wonderful world of Fracking.

Anything to get that oh so valuable natural gas out of the bedrock.

Very sad indeed. More so, the about face of the EPA - AKA the government.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh man, if that photo of the cloudy water is legit then I wouldn't wash my dog in it much less use it to bathe, clean dishes and drink! Wow! I love this quote from the fracking company:

"We still feel very comfortable that the water meets safe drinking water standards," said Cabot spokesman George Stark. "We have a lot of data on well water there."

Oh sure, easy to say when you don't have to go home and pour yourself a tall steamin' glass of nearly-opaque "drinking" water!

Originally posted by predator0187
Imagine having flammable fumes coming out of your drains?

The water concerns are certainly legit, but this issue is actually impossible unless homeowner neglect is involved. I'm not sure what the photo in your OP is (the one of fire in the sink), but I suspect it's staged. If you look under your sink you'll find a twist in the plumbing called a "P-trap". This is specifically designed to hold water in the bottom of the bend so that no sewer gases can get into the house through the drain. There's also a P-trap built into toilets, something called a "drum trap" used under tubs & showers, etc. By code every drain must have a trap. It's impossible for any kind of gas to come up into the house through the plumbing unless the traps have been allowed to dry out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join