It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd pulsating radio signal on 14.320MHz

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Bedlam

alienreality
That time you mention is interesting because the earth's resonate schuman waves are also strongest at 22 utc.. could be a link, maybe research or something else going on
22 utc? It's ALWAYS 22 (you mean 2200 or 0022?) SOMEWHERE. Sort of like not feeding the gremlins after midnight... At any rate, the Schumann resonance is at ULF frequencies and requires a rather specialized receiver. You won't be seeing it at 14.3MHz, because that's six orders of magnitude off.

I said this back in 2012 (That time you mention is interesting because the earth's resonate schuman waves are also strongest at 22 utc.. could be a link, maybe research or something else going on)

Wow lol, I don't even remember writing this at all, since it was over 2 years ago, and just now you replied.
edit on 20-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

alienreality

Wow lol, I don't even remember writing this at all, since it was over 2 years ago, and just now you replied.

This thread's been going on that long? Second line.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Bedlam

alienreality

This thread's been going on that long? Second line.

There was a new thread about some coded military speak earlier that someone heard on their radio gear, so someone probably dug this up checking into it..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
While waiting for the elusive signal to reappear, I sent an inquiry to the American Radio Relay League, a large organization representing the interests of Amateur Radio.

I wanted to know if they were aware of an illegal intruder habitually on 14.320 MHz, typically around 20:00 to 23:00 GMT, or if they knew of some experimental mode of transmission being tried out at that frequency and time, or just what the mysterious pulsing signal might be.
Will report back with any response I receive.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Signal audible again, from 00:48 GMT, through 01:06, and continuing as I type this. Reasonably strong, but obscured by noise and a ham conversation just about on top of it. This is unusually late in the day for me to hear the signal from this location.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It would be a very big help if you could record what you're hearing. I've no idea how to do that, but I'm sure another poster could help you out there.

I'm currently listening to 14320 khz here: websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901... To be truthful, I'm listening to between 14315 and 14330, and am not hearing this noise, at least not how you're describing it. I am, however, hearing some pretty garbled chatter around 14315 and occasionally around 14330. What googling the frequencies has told me thus far is that this range has Amateur Radio Net use. Which, considering the chatter I'm hearing, makes sense. No idea how your pulse fits in, though.

Edit: There's also this to identify mystery chatter with: www.arrl.org...

Also, are you the same person who had a long thread going about this on the SETI site forum? Just curious.
edit on 3/22/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
reply to post by DragonRain311

Think you mean spelt Lol

No in America it is spelled. Your way is also accepted but seldom used, we do things the correct way here don't you know. Lol as I push my upper lip up as stiffly as I can. Lol...

The Bot

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Nyiah
It would be a very big help if you could record what you're hearing. I've no idea how to do that, but I'm sure another poster could help you out there.

I'm currently listening to 14320 khz here: websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901... To be truthful, I'm listening to between 14315 and 14330, and am not hearing this noise, at least not how you're describing it. I am, however, hearing some pretty garbled chatter around 14315 and occasionally around 14330. What googling the frequencies has told me thus far is that this range has Amateur Radio Net use. Which, considering the chatter I'm hearing, makes sense. No idea how your pulse fits in, though.

Edit: There's also this to identify mystery chatter with: www.arrl.org...

Also, are you the same person who had a long thread going about this on the SETI site forum? Just curious.
edit on 3/22/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't know how to make an audio recording of the signal, or import it to this website, either. I hope my description of the signal is complete enough that anyone running across it could recognize it from my description.
I have contacted the ARRL about this signal (see recent post, above); no response, so far. I asked them if there was a known intruder on this frequency, at the hours the signal has be heard, or if an experimental radio mode was being tested at this frequency, at these hours.
It's also possible that they may discern from my description that the signal is of a type familiar to Amateur Radio. I looked into this pretty extensively two years ago, bit found no signal type that closely resembled this mysterious signal.
I note that the online receiver you accessed is in the Netherlands, and that you listened at 0200 GMT. I don't know that the signal can be heard in Europe, or that it was being transmitted at that time. Thank you for mentioning this online receiver. The next time I hear the signal here, I'll check to see if it's being heard in Europe as well.
There doesn't seem to be any obvious connection between Amateur Radio nets and this signal. If anything, this signal would disrupt them it if was loud enough. I've heard the signal when there was net traffic, and also when this frequency was otherwise quiet.
Yes, I had a thread on this topic at the SETI@home website, as well as several others, when the signal was active before, a little over two years ago.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: inserted comma

edit on 23-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 23-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: added clarifying word

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Heard signal from 18:50 GMT, quite strong at times, but also deeply fading, in between. Tried to hear it on the online receiver at the University of Twente, Netherlands, mentioned above, but it reported that it was too busy to allow access. Signal ceased for a couple of minutes around 19:04-19:06, before resuming. Still heard at 19:12 GMT, as I type this.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected time

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

What sort of receiver are you using? If it's portable, try moving it a mile or two and see if it's just local leakage from something.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It was established some time ago that this signal is not a case of localized interference. jtma508, who posts to this thread, has heard it, and he is located in New England. I hear it here in northern California.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Signal heard from 19:33 GMT. Quite weak at first, but very strong by 19:47. Listened then on online receiver at the University of Twente, Netherlands. Signal not heard at all. This seems to establish that its range is probably limited to North America. I am working on an improved antenna, to see if this will help answer additional questions about the signal.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Signal heard from 19:28 GMT, today. It is much stronger with the new antenna, which is higher, more efficient, and less sensitive to noise than the old one.
The fact that the signal wasn't heard significantly earlier seems to indicate that the limiting factor is either the times the transmitter is on, or the condition of the atmosphere which permit it to be heard or not, rather than the performance of the antenna.
The general condition of the the atmosphere for radio reception, characterized by the solar flux index, was very similar, yesterday and today. This seems to make transmitter activation the likelier limiting factor.
Listened again, over the online receiver at the University of Twente, Netherlands. The signal could not be heard at all, just as before.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: added information

edit on 25-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: added information

edit on 25-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: added missing word

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I shall listen out. Though right now, I am being entertained by the antics on .313 as I've not listened in ages. I will likely break out a better antenna if I have trouble hearing it. I will try and record what I hear when I hear it. Either soundcloud or youtube.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

If you want to see odd signals stretch a wire 200ft long and hook to your O scope with a 2200uF cap shunted to ground to take out high frequency. I was shocked to see 250 mv with zero amplification,and I live in deep forest 50 miles from civilization, they were elongated triangle pulses that were not cycles but just positive or negative below 20 hz.I recorded them and sped them up to hear them, IT SOUNDED LIKE CANNONS going off.I dont think triangle waves could be natural.
edit on 25-3-2014 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Is this USB, LSB?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well I did catch something on 14.310Mhz today...

www.youtube.com...

The receiver is an old FT-747GX, it uses an inverted-v dipole antenna. The video is low quality because I used my car key micro camera. I couldn't use my main camera, the batteries where drained and of course the idiots on the radio.

This is what Ham Radio sounds like in the states!

edit on 25-3-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

rbkruspe
reply to post by Ross 54

Is this USB, LSB?

The signal seems to be amplitude modulated. The pulsing audio tones can be heard with the product detector off. Two tones can usually be heard at once. After 37 pulses, the pitch of the two-tone set changes. After another 37 pulses, the original pitch is resumed. This pattern is repeated at length.
Hearing this signal can require a good deal of patience. It's quite intermittent. I have heard it as early as 16:22 GMT. and as late as 01:38, here in northern California. I mostly hear it between 19:00 to 22:00.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Anyone know what is around 26911.48 kHz? (IDK, is something around this kHZ) Ever have some pulsing noises.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

More info on that is at www.ve7kfm.com...

Seriously, I don't know how this is allowed to happen for as long as it has. I listened last night for about a half hour before I got tired of hearing it. If you read the site you get a feeling of not being sure of who is trolling who. It's a mystery and rather sad. I guess it's an example of what not to do on ham radio. The FCC hasn't been able to do anything apparently as he is in Canada ..so who knows.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join