It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul cuts off CNN again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

First off.. answering questions you approve of is par for the course for our Presidents is it not? Bush 2 did it, Obama does it now... where is your "outrage"?

Show me videos of Obama walking out of an interview like Paul has done TWICE.

Actually...show me a video of any of the candidates walking out of an interview.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Im not sure you get it, look at the film above... Analyze the situation. BTW your Obama wasn't real hope and change, RP is the real deal unlike him, wake up and get on-board brother.

Also if he didn't get to shake my hand I would understand why giving the situation. But see im REASONABLE and logical and could grasp why. Anyone who would not vote for someone based on the fact they were surrounded by a mob of reporters and didnt get to shake their hand wasn't really on the RP boat anyways.

edit on 9-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

I looked at the video...it was crowded...it wasn't a dangerous situation at all.

One question...does this whole scenario...him leaving the diner early and in a rush without meeting with NH voters and then walking out of another CNN interview while he and his campaign manager yell at the reporter....does that make Ron Paul look good or bab to the voters of NH???

I guess you didn't see the close physical altercation between the two gentlemen?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The question was a set-up. The place was mobbed and unsafe because of the media and the woman got shoved...by a reporter while he was being advised by his staff to leave.

Get your facts straight before you make your biased comments.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The thread title is slightly off but the OP is correct that Jesse Benton was the one to cut it off. I think Ron Paul wanted to explain himself. And during the mob he was very calm and in control. Props to a great man.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

First off.. answering questions you approve of is par for the course for our Presidents is it not? Bush 2 did it, Obama does it now... where is your "outrage"?

Actually...show me a video of any of the candidates walking out of an interview.

Walking out is a peaceful nonviolent way to send a message, kind of like when the US diplomat to the UN walks out on Ahmadenijads speech. The president must approve of walk outs if they walk out of every speech Iran gives.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

You mean outside...after Ron Paul already left the diner???

You didn't answer my question...does this make Paul look good or bad to the voters of NH???

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99

The question was a set-up. The place was mobbed and unsafe because of the media and the woman got shoved...by a reporter while he was being advised by his staff to leave.

Good lord...it was not unsafe...inside the diner it was calm and organized.

It got chaotic when he cut his visit short and left the place...this causes a lot of questions for the media and that is when they mobbed him.

The question wasn't a "set-up" (is that like a Palin "gotcha" question
). It was a factual question about an event that really happened earlier in the day.

Apparently Ron Paul can handle questions about his own events.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No, her question was not biased...it was a statement of fact.

Ron Paul now has a record of walking out on interviews...like a coward.

I don't care how uncomfortable a question makes you...you answer it....end of story.

Umm Did you watch the video? If so, watch it again. Ron Paul does answer her before walking away
You can also hear others as well, but her question does get answered.

That sir, is a statement of fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I dont think it makes him look bad, why would it?

The thing that happened was that too many reporters entered into a restaurant that Paul attended to actually meet voters, but since there were too many reporters, Paul couldn't meet with the voters that well. He only met with some, not all voters. So when Paul leaves, the female reporter asked that last question basically blaming Paul for not greeting all voters, when in fact it was that female reporter and people like her, jammed packed in the restaurant that caused the problem.

It was the media to blame that Paul didn't get to greet all his supporters not RP. Stop putting the blame on him. No way you can be unbiased and not see this.

link   

Obama just storms out of meetings when he doesn't get his way!

edit on 1/9/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

link   

We are not discussing walking out of an interview. My comment was directed to your statement about "pre-approved" questions. Do I really need to find you evidence of that? You and I both know that is fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Yes, his answer is that he blamed the media.

It is the media's fault that he couldn't meet with the voter...man up Paul...stop blaming others for your own short comings. Personal responsibility right??? Seems like something Ron Paul talks about a lot.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, his answer is that he blamed the media.

It is the media's fault that he couldn't meet with the voter...man up Paul...stop blaming others for your own short comings. Personal responsibility right??? Seems like something Ron Paul talks about a lot.

So you woulda been happy if he had pushed the media out of his way to get to someone to shake their hand? No you'd be screaming RP assaulted one of the media!! The mob was growing and if he had stayed around and someone got trampled you would blame him for that as well right Mr OUTCAST?

You just look for any STUPID reason to bash the man, fact is you do not like RP and anything he does you will bash it. Your savoir Obama has done jack crap for this country and he will be ousted if RP is the primary... Take that to the bank Obama boy

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Certain members are so silly.

When the media gets too crazy and start shoving Ron's wife for some material, you KNOW its out of control.

When a situation is out of control and cannot be put back in control, YOU LEAVE before people get HURT.

The question Dana Bash asked him was out of line because it was the media's fault for not BEHAVING PROFESSIONALLY that caused the voter to not get THEIR time with Ron.

[snipped]

AND FOR ALL WHO AREN'T AWARE, this is a REPEAT attack from CNN on Ron Paul just like how they attacked him and wrongly smeared him in the interview where they claimed he 'stormed off'

Ron Paul and Romney tied for ability to beat Obama.

People are slowly realizing, Ron's national polls steadily rising, this is the REVOLUTION.

edit on 9-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jan 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The thread title is slightly off but the OP is correct that Jesse Benton was the one to cut it off. I think Ron Paul wanted to explain himself. And during the mob he was very calm and in control. Props to a great man.

Actually, as per ATS rules, when you report on a news story, the title of your thread should be the title of the news story. I would probably have given it a different title but had to go with the paper's headline.

And I'm simply summarizing what's in the news stories (hopefully not being biased one way or another.) I thought this was interesting -- and background that's emerged (Supreme Vermin showing up at a Ron Paul event after being at events for other candidates) has been quite interesting.

I do stand by my statement, though, that it wasn't handled well.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

The Last Time Ron Paul Agreed to be Interviewed by a CNN Alledged ( Journalist) , the Video was Edited before it Aired to portray him in an Unfair Negative Light . The Man is no Fool , he Knew he was being Setup yet Again by the Lame Streamers and Side Stepped it this Time . Bravo Mr. Paul , I would have done the same.....

edit on 9-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It got chaotic when he cut his visit short and left the place...this causes a lot of questions for the media and that is when they mobbed him.

). It was a factual question about an event that really happened earlier in the day.

Now you are lying.

I have linked several articles. People could not move inside the diner. Waitresses could not serve food inside the diner. People were being pushed inside the diner. One person fell into the lap of a customer inside the diner. One customer tripped over a tripod in the diner. The scene inside the diner was described as "chaotic" with over 100 people inside the diner before Paul or the reporters had ever arrived.

Instead of making excuses, click some links and get some facts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Now you are lying.

I have linked several articles. People could not move inside the diner. Waitresses could not serve food inside the diner. People were being pushed inside the diner. One person fell into the lap of a customer inside the diner. One customer tripped over a tripod in the diner. The scene inside the diner was described as "chaotic" with over 100 people inside the diner before Paul or the reporters had ever arrived.

Instead of making excuses, click some links and get some facts.

Its quite sad when you are so biased against someone you tell out right lies and falsehoods..

This guy doesn't deny ignorance, he drowns in it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

" Yes, his answer is that he blamed the media.

"

Seems to me that's just your own Interpetation of what transpired in that Diner . I do not think I can recall a Time Mr. Paul ever refused to acknowledge a potential Voters questioning towards him . He is after all , running for Office , no ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

I dont think it makes him look bad, why would it?

The thing that happened was that too many reporters entered into a restaurant that Paul attended to actually meet voters, but since there were too many reporters, Paul couldn't meet with the voters that well. He only met with some, not all voters. So when Paul leaves, the female reporter asked that last question basically blaming Paul for not greeting all voters, when in fact it was that female reporter and people like her, jammed packed in the restaurant that caused the problem.

It was the media to blame that Paul didn't get to greet all his supporters not RP. Stop putting the blame on him. No way you can be unbiased and not see this.

If you really understood what was happening, you would know that the CNN interview didn't take place at the diner but at a later campaign event.

But I guess I am the one that doesn't get it.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join