It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA researchers find new method to treat previously lethal doses of radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is great news not only for military applications, but also for chemo patients suffering from radiation treatment. The tests which have been done in mice, say the rate of combating lethal doses of radiation has increased to 80 percent and 90 percent for humans,(although the article doesn't incline to human trials,) and was effective upto a day after exposure to radiation, giving it a significant advantage over other treatments that must be administered within hours of exposure.

Source / Alternative source

“The fact that this treatment can be administered up to a day after radiation exposure is so important,” said Millie Donlon, DARPA’s program manager for the effort. “This is because most of the existing treatments we have require they be administered within hours of exposure to potentially lethal radiation – something that might not always be possible in the confusion that would likely follow such an exposure event.”

edit on 9-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow. limit it to one day so all the Fukushima victims world wide who have been contaminated since March don't apply eh.

Well there are true cures. Frequency cures that have to be tailored to each body, and all of radiation can be neutralized.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
What If "They" Can Already Clean Up Radiation With Frequency?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Is it just me or does it sound like "the morning after pill" for nuclear blast victims? The article states:

Scientists working on a DARPA-funded research effort have determined that an antibiotic and a protein fight radiation sickness more effectively when they are combined than when used separately.

I can't think of the analogy but it doesn't sound much like a "cure". A band aid on an amputation wound possibly...

Interesting find though I'm still kinda on the fence here.

ETA The morning after pill is something women can take if they had unprotected sex and want to guard against pregnancy pro-actively, so to speak.
edit on 9/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
And people believe them? Lol. They only saying this probably because we are facing nuclear armageddon.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Antibiotics and protein to cure radiation sickness......really? This ain't ringworm, sounds a bit fishy to me.
I think if their planning on the nuclear zero end game, give me a bunker and a suit please.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The fact that the results have been published means that this research has been fast-tracked. The implications there are kind of grim.

Bully for you, DARPA-guys, I guess we're gonna need it.
edit on 10-1-2012 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join