It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case of the Wasted Vote.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is a rather interesting article from the Farmington New Mexico Daily Times. It was written by Joseph Knight, a former state chairman of the Libertarian Party of New Mexico.

It shows how proposterous the concept of wasting one's vote on a 3rd party or independant really is.

"�Unfortunately, the major parties have a stranglehold on the political system,� they say. True enough. But continuing to vote for either of the big authoritarian parties will only perpetuate the stranglehold, while voting for �third� parties or independents will wear it down."

"Then there is the Constitution. Those of us who have ever taken an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution cannot support either Bush or Kerry, as they have both engaged in a frontal assault on constitutional principles, including such abridgements as the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act and the Patriot Act. Such enactments are fine, unless you happen to believe in such things as free speech, due process, privacy, and free, fair, open elections."

If you are having second thoughts about voting for someone other than the two mainstream candidates, you definately need to read this article.
Very well written.

www.daily-times.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I also willingly accept to debate anyone who wishes to denounce my 'opinion' that voting 3rd party or independant is not a wasted vote.

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great article. I'm going to pass this on.
A vote is never wasted, especially in this day when so many people don't even bother. I just wish more people understood how votes actually impacted who is elected.

"But I will sleep well on election night knowing that I sent the right message."

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.3pc.net...

Also see fellow libertarian celebrities
www.theadvocates.org...

Clint Eastwood ahhh though he's old, he's still hot.

new topics

top topics

join