It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Movies... really?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There have been a couple 9/11 movies already.United 92 and then another one about some fire fighters who got trapped under the rubble after one of the towers collapsed ( I cannot recall the title).

I think it is just a play off of peoples emotions. Trying to earn that quick buck. Hollywood is selfish like that.

Yeah, it would be nice if they gave all the profits to the families of the victims, but I don't think that is why they made these kind of movies....Not really.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Don't you mean Oliver Stone's flick about two police officers who got stuck under the rubble?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Also, let us not forget an episode of South Park that featured 9/11. And conspiracies. And clues.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
There have been a couple 9/11 movies already.United 92 and then another one about some fire fighters who got trapped under the rubble after one of the towers collapsed ( I cannot recall the title).

I think it is just a play off of peoples emotions. Trying to earn that quick buck. Hollywood is selfish like that.

Yeah, it would be nice if they gave all the profits to the families of the victims, but I don't think that is why they made these kind of movies....Not really.

and that, my friend, makes me SICK! both to stomach and heart.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by defythetyrants
Thank you so much for the addition Goodoldave, i look forward to spending $15.62 on seeing Kittens of 9/11, i hear its a real tear jerker, but joking aside it is (in my opinion) disgusting to say the least for ANY capital to be gained from such a horrific event.

I agree...but in a culture where we've been so indoctrinated by mass entertainment to the point where we think those Kardashian bubbleheads are the most fascinating people in the world, I think we're the minority.

FYI I am certainly joking about "Kittens of 9/11", and besides, I'm sure Hollyweird would never make manipulative tear jerkers involving helpless animals. Why' you might as well say they'd try to make a movie about a helpless farm horse that was forced to fight on the battlefields of world war one.

Um, wait a minute...

yeah... kinda figured that one out on my own LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Listen, they are not endorsing the events leading up to 9/11. They are not depicting the hi-jacking of aircraft, or telling the story of who did 9/11 and why. They are simply telling a story regarding the days after, and how some people may have coped with the tragedy.

This is in no way diverting attention away from "false-flag" terrorism, or whatever you wanna call it. It's not about any of that. It's about a families journey, after the event that was, September 11, 2001.

So since this is fiction, why couldn't the father have died from cancer instead? From where I'm sitting, they're doing this because Hollyweird is testing the waters to see if it's safe to use the 9/11 attack for their mass entertainment, now.

right and in my book that is wrong on so many levels. the kids father could have died from anything, what with there being so many ways to die in this world, the sheer fact that they chose such a controversial topic is beyond my comprehension, colon cancer would have served the story fine or even gunshot by ruthless thugs, but the chose 9/11.
edit on 10-1-2012 by defythetyrants because: error

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat
Whatever your opinion of what actually happened that day, it was a tragic, emotional experience for just about everybody in the world, and a story that references that tragedy will resonate with a large audience. That's one of the important things that art does, and it's inevitable that artists would address the emotional impact of the events of 9/11.

To the OP- this is one of the more intellectually stimulating questions I've seen here yet. Thank you for posting. I'm giving you a star for your effort.

thank you sir, thats all i wanted in the first place. one of the reasons i joined this forum, intellectual stimulation.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by snowcrash911

That is a father who lost his son on 9/11, the reverse of the film plot under discussion, and the psychopath on the phone is Troy Sexton, a "debunker" and a "patriot". And it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Well, then you should talk to some of the truther folks right here on ATS who will tell you that his son never existed!

In fact, I have, and I treat them with the respect they deserve, which is none.

Nothing about that changes the fact that a psychopathic lunatic, and a "debunker", called up and actually harassed Bob McIlvaine, calling him a "piece of trash" and telling him to go kill himself.

Troy Sexton is a very good approximation of your usual hundred percenter government lover who will stop at nothing to exculpate his criminal government, except of course when a black Democrat is in power.

one way you should look at it though, sir, is that EVERY group has its extremists, EVERY GROUP. from christians to muslims to football enthusiasts. every group.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by defythetyrants

Already been several movies based on events of 9/11

UNITED 93

www.youtube.com...

WORLD TRADE CENTER

www.youtube.com...

9/11 was a historical event and has and will be portrayed in movies, docudramas. Tv shows and such

Question is how will be portrayed. Several have eluded to use of 9/11 simply as plot device for emotional
impact.

On same vein do you object to portrayal of HOLOCAUST or World War 2 in movies ? Been countless movies
uising such themes

What about 1960's TV show "HOGAN HEROES" about fictional POWs in prison camp ?

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Heroes

my stand ( and i do stand firmly) is that i DISAGREE wholeheartedly with ANY hollywood depiction, for the sole purpose of capitol gain, of any tradgedy involving the deaths of hundreds of innocents.

given, the art argument is a good one, and it does indeed shine a good amount of light on the other side of the subject, i just cant fully back that assertion due to the fact that hollywood is almost definitely in it for the MONEY not the art value.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911

reply to post by snowcrash911

Troy is a whackjob and embarassment to all debunkers ......

Now do you object to the same mentally unbalanced behavior among truthers. Like knocking handicapped
girl out of her wheel chair or shouting down speakers or posting spam over every website on the internet?

Such behavior seems to the norm among truthers....

What about truthers involved in murder aka Gerald Loughner ?

Do you know was a member here ?

Loughner's best friend, Zach Osler, said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right." Osler also noted that conspiracy theories had a profound effect on Loughner, particularly the online conspiracy theory film Zeitgeist: The Movie, with which friends claimed Loughner held an obsession. He was a member of the conspiracy theory message board, "Above Top Secret," although members of the site did not respond warmly to his posts. Loughner espoused 9/11 conspiracy theories; a New World Order conspiracy theories; and beliefs in a 2012 apocalypse, among other controversial viewpoints. Reports appearing after the shooting noted similarities between the statements made by Loughner and the views of conspiracy theorist David Wynn Miller.

In any event as big as 9/11 will attract the mentally unbalanced from all directions....

Yes, on that we agree. But the criticism is usually directed at truthers, as if truthers represent all that's loony and ill in this world.

Is this guy a truther?

N.Y. man charged with stabbing cab driver for being Muslim

Are these truthers?

Immediately after the 9/11 attacks, anti-Muslim hate violence skyrocketed some 1,600%.

FBI Reports Dramatic Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Violence

Are these guys truthers?

The Maywand District killings refers to the murder of at least three Afghan civilians perpetrated by a group of U.S. Army soldiers in 2010, during the War in Afghanistan.

How about that psychopathic torture in Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib, and various secret prisons around the world... committed by truthers?

Navy Seal Chris Kyle, who slaughtered 255 human beings from behind the comfort of his rifle scope, and refers to his victims as "savages", then makes questionable claims about punching Jesse Ventura, is he a truther?

I could go on and on.

Sometimes conspiracy theories drive people to violence. Sometimes injustice and foreign policy does. Sometimes anti-Muslim hatred and nationalism does.

The truther-violence connection is statistically insignificant, despite careful mainstream media propaganda which would have us believe otherwise.

Loughner's primary motivator was paranoid Tea Bagger ideology and hate rhetoric from the right wing media, not trutherism. That might be called "stochastic terrorism". Yet nobody wants to discuss that....

very nice addition, sir, thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

First off, let me apologize, this will be a short thread as I am simply seeking the opinions of others on the subject.

I have seen advertisments on television for a new movie to be released about a boy whose father died during the

tradgedy of september 11th by the name of extremeley loud and incredibly close.

My concern lies here: why are we making movies about this? and does anyone

else find this disturbing or otherwise unsettling in any way?

Thank you for your time.

extremelyloudandincrediblyclose.warnerbros.com...

"The film has been rated PG-13 by the MPAA for emotional thematic material, some disturbing images and language."

The driving forces behind this movie have chosen to create a product which could cause distress and possible long term damage to many thousands of children. I can't answer why without speculating. If I had to guess I would say it's simply another way of milking the 9/11 cow and adding to the 'terror' part of false flag terror. If I really wanted to be tactless and inflammatory I'd say this saccharin sweet and creepy production is a continuation of the 9/11 attacks.

For the interest of the crazed conspiracy crowd check out what the dad says at 01:19 in trailer 2.

Landowners gets sick of 'nighthawks' with metal detectors digging holes all over their land while treasure hunting in the dark. The simple solution is to scatter brass washers around, the hopeful sounding signals never lead to anything valuable so they give up and go away.

Clues have been scattered around for us to find, forget the clues and go with the evidence. The majority of the remaining physical evidence is on the Fresh Kills Landfill.

A true to life movie about the adventures of FEMA's Building Performance Assessment Team would be worth watching.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kester

First off, let me apologize, this will be a short thread as I am simply seeking the opinions of others on the subject.

I have seen advertisments on television for a new movie to be released about a boy whose father died during the

tradgedy of september 11th by the name of extremeley loud and incredibly close.

My concern lies here: why are we making movies about this? and does anyone

else find this disturbing or otherwise unsettling in any way?

Thank you for your time.

extremelyloudandincrediblyclose.warnerbros.com...

"The film has been rated PG-13 by the MPAA for emotional thematic material, some disturbing images and language."

The driving forces behind this movie have chosen to create a product which could cause distress and possible long term damage to many thousands of children. I can't answer why without speculating. If I had to guess I would say it's simply another way of milking the 9/11 cow and adding to the 'terror' part of false flag terror. If I really wanted to be tactless and inflammatory I'd say this saccharin sweet and creepy production is a continuation of the 9/11 attacks.

For the interest of the crazed conspiracy crowd check out what the dad says at 01:19 in trailer 2.

Landowners gets sick of 'nighthawks' with metal detectors digging holes all over their land while treasure hunting in the dark. The simple solution is to scatter brass washers around, the hopeful sounding signals never lead to anything valuable so they give up and go away.

Clues have been scattered around for us to find, forget the clues and go with the evidence. The majority of the remaining physical evidence is on the Fresh Kills Landfill.

A true to life movie about the adventures of FEMA's Building Performance Assessment Team would be worth watching.

Great addition Kester, Thank you!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

The driving forces behind this movie have chosen to create a product which could cause distress and possible long term damage to many thousands of children.

Long term damage to thousands of children? Let us not forget that its ten years on now. Even those few children in the country that did lose a parent on 9/11 aren't exactly children anymore. And any movie where the plot includes the loss of a parent is disturbing, hell, its the basis for half the fairly tales.

I can't answer why without speculating. If I had to guess I would say it's simply another way of milking the 9/11 cow and adding to the 'terror' part of false flag terror.

Thats it? Thats your best speculation? That its part of a "false flag" operation? Is Tom Hanks in on it now too?

If I really wanted to be tactless and inflammatory I'd say this saccharin sweet and creepy production is a continuation of the 9/11 attacks.

Well I guess that makes you tactless.

Can you just tell us?

Landowners gets sick of 'nighthawks' with metal detectors digging holes all over their land while treasure hunting in the dark. The simple solution is to scatter brass washers around, the hopeful sounding signals never lead to anything valuable so they give up and go away. Clues have been scattered around for us to find, forget the clues and go with the evidence. The majority of the remaining physical evidence is on the Fresh Kills Landfill.

Here's the difference though. The nighthawks go away. The truthers just keep taking the washers to the bank and trying to cash them.

Why? What do you expect to see? Some nefarious characters huddle in the basement of the CIA brainstorming about how they're gone cover up the controlled demolition?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Is Tom Hanks in on it now too?

Neck deep, my friend. T. Hanks has been in the conspiracy at least since the 'Apollo 13' farce. Those boys went to the moon and had to come back in a hurry, cuz of what they saw.

Tom Hanks is far up the illuminati power heirarchy. : |

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Neck deep, my friend. T. Hanks has been in the conspiracy at least since the 'Apollo 13' farce. Those boys went to the moon and had to come back in a hurry, cuz of what they saw.

i'm sorry i cant tell if this is sarcasm or honesty...

i happen to belive that many hollywoodies are globalists/elitists etc...
edit on 10-1-2012 by defythetyrants because: add

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Some things come to mind.
300?
Civil war movies?
JFK movie?
Holocaust movies?
Vietnam war movies?
Iraq war movies?

Yet, this one your upset about? Interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator

Some things come to mind.
300?
Civil war movies?
JFK movie?
Holocaust movies?
Vietnam war movies?
Iraq war movies?

Yet, this one your upset about? Interesting to say the least.

No. Actually in one of my responses to a post i specifically say i disagree with any attempt hollywood makes at gleaning capitol from tragic events in which hundreds of people perished.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Already been several movies based on events of 9/11

UNITED 93

www.youtube.com...

WORLD TRADE CENTER

www.youtube.com...

9/11 was a historical event and has and will be portrayed in movies, docudramas. Tv shows and such

Question is how will be portrayed. Several have eluded to use of 9/11 simply as plot device for emotional
impact.

On same vein do you object to portrayal of HOLOCAUST or World War 2 in movies ? Been countless movies
uising such themes

What about 1960's TV show "HOGAN HEROES" about fictional POWs in prison camp ?

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Heroes

my stand ( and i do stand firmly) is that i DISAGREE wholeheartedly with ANY hollywood depiction, for the sole purpose of capitol gain, of any tradgedy involving the deaths of hundreds of innocents.

given, the art argument is a good one, and it does indeed shine a good amount of light on the other side of the subject, i just cant fully back that assertion due to the fact that hollywood is almost definitely in it for the MONEY not the art value.

here in fact!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Oh dear Lord, there's someone here who can't tell if your're being sarcastic or not. The end is near.

By the way, Sandra Bullock, too. And the director. And the producers. And the writers. And the co-stars. Hell, everyone is on it!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No. Actually in one of my responses to a post i specifically say i disagree with any attempt hollywood makes at gleaning capitol from tragic events in which hundreds of people perished.

So that pretty much puts almost all of human history off limits. People have made money and a living from telling stories for a very long time. Its kind of how we learn from one generation to another. Dramatization of tragic events helps, when done well, to put things in a more human perspective.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join