It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hockey Game Betweeh Harper and Putin is Cancelled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I never even knew about this, too bad it got cancelled. This would have been fun to watch in addition to the festivities going on to commemorate an important part in world hockey history.

No hockey face-off for Harper and Putin: PMO

Stories the Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin will face-off in a two-game hockey series are off-side, according to the Prime Minister's Office.

The next chapter in the Russian-Canadian hockey rivalry will not be written by the two leaders, said the Prime Minister's spokesman Andrew MacDougall.

The statement comes after the Toronto Star reported that Harper and Putin would square off in two exhibition games marking the 40th anniversary of the Canada-U.S.S.R. Summit Series.

I wonder if the current situation in the Middle East has anything to do with this cancellation. This next part is my favorite part of the article though.

Harper, 52, played three years of organized hockey as a child and has openly discussed writing a book about the history of the game.

Putin, 59, has only been playing hockey for a year and reportedly once saved a TV crew from a tiger attack.

I think Harper got cold feet and chickened out.

I mean, really, who would you put your money on?

Or...

Sorry Stevie, Vlad would have wrecked you

edit on 9-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: sorry forgot link

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Damn, that would have been great, it's too bad that it got cancelled. To be honest, like you, I never knew it was even being thought about, pretty interesting idea though!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Yeah, it's too bad it got cancelled. I would like to know who else would play in the game. Chances are it would have gotten pretty heated as the rivalry usually does. Harper would have been booed out once Putin made a fool of him, so perhaps Stevie did the proper thing by chickening out.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As a Canadian, I'm glad this isn't going to happen. Vlad is an athlete and an ex KGB officer. Harper is....kind-looking? Compare their Resumes. This would have been an embarrassment. Sure is funny though ! Let the Olympics sort out the Hockey I say! Go Canada Go!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Too bad that would of been awesome to watch Putin and harper drop their gloves . Then watch Putin put harper in an arm bar and make him cry like a lil baby. I seriously don't think it would take much to make harper submit he always came across as a pansy.

But then don't most politicians come across as a pansy .
edit on 9/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Putin is also a Black Belt in Judo which is essentially Japanese Wrestling with a twist.....he could lay some Nasty hip and/or shoulder checks on Harper as a result!

To the point in which Harper couldn't even grasp his stick any longer....due to his now displaced shoulder.

Harper was very wise to bow out of this but I wish we'd have more Govt squabbles settled this way vs out and out war....where only us poor are sent to be sacrificed.

Obama probably couldn't skate to save his life (coming from Hawaii) and neither could Ahmadinejad for that matter so that would be a great contest !

Fight for your country on the Ice 1 on 1 !

First to score 3 Goals (a Hat Trick) Wins !

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
3 years of peewee hockey and you're a qualified expert to write a book on the history of hockey.

now i know why he's a bitter loser who want's to control every aspect of life in canada.

he's the geek who sucked at everything and wasn't invited to smoke pot with the cool kids.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Judging by the laws he's putting out you're probably right.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper is getting tougher on pot growers than he is on rapists of children. Under the Tories' omnibus crime legislation tabled Tuesday, a person growing 201 pot plants in a rental unit would receive a longer mandatory sentence than someone who rapes a toddler or forces a fiveyear-old to have sex with an animal.

www.nationalpost.com...

edit on 9-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ha thanks a lot for letting me know about the title being spelled wrong guys.

Now I just feel like a dummy

Edit please mods?

new topics

top topics

join