It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

next iceage delayed by co2 emmisions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well Im not convinced that global warming is a man made event rather than our planets natrual cycle and relationship with the sun. Also lets not forget our governments are looking for the next tax after gas and oil run out (carbon) but here is some interesting news nevertheless

[www.dailymail.co.uk...]

Wonder what you guys think about this?

peace
edit on 9-1-2012 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

This is what I think:

The data was screened and edited to fit an agenda.

edit on 9-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

hehe thats for sharing that, laughed alot

sad but true

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott495
Well Im not convinced that global warming is a man made event rather than our planets natrual cycle and relationship with the sun. Also lets not forget our governments are looking for the next tax after gas and oil run out (carbon) but here is some interesting news nevertheless

[www.dailymail.co.uk...]

Wonder what you guys think about this?

peace

I am convinced this is pure BS based on the flawed theory of AGW.
When one looks at past history one can see that co2 levels have hardly anything to do with temperature and that ice ages started even when levels were thousands of ppm higher than today and rising.

It seems like during most of the time it was mainly temperatures that drove co2 levels and not the other way with co2 rising about a century or so after temperature increase.

So i think we should prepare for the coming ice age instead of wasting resources on fighting the imaginary global warming.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Im about 90 - 10% against global warming as man made due to how the science came about and Maggie thatchers involvment in it to drive out the coal miners and break up the unions. sorry world for yet another huge dump on the world brought to you by the UK.

whats worse that if manmade global warming is true that the scientists have twisted the facts so much they make it impossible to beleive.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Post by Scott495
"whats worse that if manmade global warming is true that the scientists have twisted the facts so much they make it impossible to believe" .

But don't you get it ....that's the point
Same as everything

edit on 9-1-2012 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not convinced there is any evidence a proper new ice age would start in just 1500 years time (just a continuation of the ongoing slight cooling process that started ~5,000 years ago). I await the paper with interest, but suspect its conclusions may have been taken out of context.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Alot of scientists have been saying global warming is probably good for us and I believe them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
hahahah you guys r funny like smoking is good for ya keeps you from living to long
global warming is bad news the ice at the north and south poles keep us spinning
like a top you melt that ... all hell breaks loose so believe what you want either way doesnt matter what started it cant stop it but maybe we can fine a way to balance levels

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Read up on your history, the earth has been frozen and thawed numerous times and it's still here.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i didnt say end of the world it will wobble and flip thats how the antartic was once a tropical ocean

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...

Great article.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
On another note..less people die from heat than cold, plants flourish in a richer CO2 environment and the malaria bacteria is stunted by warmer temps.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
warm good yes but too warm bad all im saying there has to be a good medium is all
the warmer it gets the earth will release more methane from the sea bed which in turn could jump start ice age
many factors here

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've convinced myself that concrete is the cause of the Earth warming.
The less trees you have to shadow the Earth from the sun's rays is bad enough, then add heated concrete on top of that and you might as well save yourself the energy of using the stove to cook and throw that steak on the driveway.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

According the author of the article...the ice age will be delayed by 500 years. Won't matter to us, but it's good news for someone.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
An ice age or, more precisely, glacial age, is a generic geological period of long-term reduction in the temperature of the Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental ice sheets, polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within a long-term ice age, individual pulses of extra cold climate are termed "glacial periods" (or alternatively "glacials" or "glaciations" or colloquially as "Ice Age"), and intermittent warm periods are called "interglacials". Glaciologically, ice age implies the presence of extensive ice sheets in the northern and southern hemispheres;[1] by this definition we are still in the ice age that began at the start of the Pleistocene (because the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets still exist).
en.wikipedia.org...

We have been in a ice age for around 3 million years.
I just wish these idiots would use the proper term glacial period instead of ice age.
We are in a interglacial period of the ice age right now.

But the global warmers would have a hard time pressing there agenda by saying that we were still in a Iceage because everyone loves warm weather.

Earth had a very large amount of animal life before the ice-age and would have easily supported man without any problems.

But this also does not fit there agenda

The Miocene was the last ice free period
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

totally agree with you. i think the future we will control the earths temperatures by increasing and reducing carbon (if carbon actualy is a greenhouse gas that is). I say that because historical ice core samples proove that carbon increases happen about 50 years after the temperature increases and not before.

damn I wish i knew what to beleive and what not to

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

nice info cheers for sharing!

new topics

top topics

join