It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to find a "Super Mason"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What exactly is a super freemason?

Oh yeah...i remember now

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I got the idea from this post where a member claimed to have lineage to the mysterious "Upper levels". Conveniently enough, there was no proof to be had.

I am looking for the masons who are above the 33rd, you know, the ones who pull all the strings.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I have it on good authority that masons in the UK are so completly different to the masons in America that its hardly even worth considering them the same thing. I suppose i'm talking about the porch masons here i guess, using your words.

There are a few differences, but we are still Brethren.

reply to post by superluminal11

That was a pointless video. Music wasn't bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Hi,

I'm not a Brother, but I've always been intrigued by the willingness of grown men (and women, in some auxillaries) to do what it is such rituals ask of them...

It seems a pattern, especially at this stage in recent years, that the Royal Art oddly IS acceptable...

As is the mocking of sorts of the Vatican, (Dan Brown, for example)

So why, I ask, is there still fear of them collectively, when the freedom to think, write, have published, produced-to-a-movie, distributed, and then get them on dvd rental, such films/books, AND THEM we're able to debate its supposed insiduous nature, WHY are they seen as a conspiracy, when maybe the real conspiracy is on us to lap it up...

Thus making it all popular.

Was Dan Brown not a global bestseller?!?

WTF indeed....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Futurcrat1

In some circles, it is said that there is no such thing as bad publicity. I think masonry is kind of that way. If everyone knew exactly what it was and what it was about, there would be no mystery to it and I think it would loose a lot of it's appeal. Knowing we don't recruit, and we don't advertise, and we don't make house calls, Gaining membership is a hard task. But when people start asking questions about us, they have already taken the first step. If they are truly interested once they find us, then they tend to go a step or two further. But we need to get them to, at the very least, ask the first question. I see any discussion about masonry as a good thing. I bet at least 30 or 40 people have become brothers because of the open forum here in the short time I have been a member, maybe more. And this is just one avenue.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Super Mason? That would be Tim Horton.

Between February 11, 1961, and February 4, 1968, Horton appeared in 486 consecutive regular-season games; this remains the Leafs club record for consecutive games and was the NHL record for consecutive games by a defencemen until broken by Karlis Skrastins on February 8, 2007.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Super Mason? That would be Tim Horton.

Between February 11, 1961, and February 4, 1968, Horton appeared in 486 consecutive regular-season games; this remains the Leafs club record for consecutive games and was the NHL record for consecutive games by a defencemen until broken by Karlis Skrastins on February 8, 2007.

And like all good Masons, he wasn't shy about sharing his coffee and doughnuts.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to ask this...

I've already said I'm fascinated by such things, and this is genuinely something I've always been compelled to ask;

So how exactly does it come up in conversation to start a new order of something??

The only reason I ask, is based on the amount of times Ive read in some Dictionary of Magic, or The Esoteric, or The Occult, or Secret Societies, and its the one consistent thing that flies through the entries of many famous names, but it glosses over how they actually "get the ball rolling..."

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You have won the prize. What prize you may ask? Well.......I am going to pull some stings and have your Moderator salary Doubled!

What do you think of that?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Futurcrat1

I wish I knew. About the only thing I think I know for sure, is that masonry is the wrong place to look for a New World Order. We have been doing things almost exactly the same for over 200 years. Unless the NWO was secretly ushered in before the 1800's, Masonry would have nothing to do with it. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My friend's stepfather is a Super Mason. He put up a new chimney stack for us. It was a beautiful; piece of brickwork.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There was a lot of rumours of Aleister Crowley's link to the Royal Craft, and I couldn't help but find it funny in this one story that seemed too odd to be part of his self-made rumour-mill...

But it went how he couldn't gain access to a lodge somewhere, and that his 'higher degrees' were ultimately not recognised, except as being 'irregular' -- which I appreciate you know what that means.

However, can it not be argued that the Great Therion, himself, was a Super-Mason of yesteryear?

Or, at best, Super-Masonic, given the many Orders he was apart that had leanings towards the Craft in regards of their rituals and degree-structure?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

After Further research I think I have found a Super Mason. I think they may even be a member here in this Forum.
That is still inconclusive though.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

That looks like a McKim creation, but it works

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Futurcrat1
There was a lot of rumours of Aleister Crowley's link to the Royal Craft, and I couldn't help but find it funny in this one story that seemed too odd to be part of his self-made rumour-mill...

But it went how he couldn't gain access to a lodge somewhere, and that his 'higher degrees' were ultimately not recognised, except as being 'irregular' -- which I appreciate you know what that means.

However, can it not be argued that the Great Therion, himself, was a Super-Mason of yesteryear?

Or, at best, Super-Masonic, given the many Orders he was apart that had leanings towards the Craft in regards of their rituals and degree-structure?

It is no rumor that Crowley was Raised to the Degree of Master Mason in a Lodge under Grand Lodge of France considered "irregular" by the UGLE although they are "regular" in practice. Later he became involved with the Ancient Primitive Rite of Memphis and Misraim, which is also considered "irregular" because competing rituals were rejected in favor of the AASR.by most Jurisdictions both "regular" and "irregular". He sought affiliation in a regular Lodge (UGLE) but it was never granted. My own Obedience would have recognized him as a MM for sure as we have amity with GLdF, but his 33rd would be challenged as would the AAPRMM degrees.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Thank you for that info there!

I keep seeing stuff crop up about Crowley in South America, but I wouldn't want to posit that here. Its really more a thread in itself...

But still, I wonder who there is to have such resoundingly "super-masonic" credentials today???

Maybe thats why theres a conspiracy of David Icke being a Brother-- something he's refuted on Youtube during one of his lectures.

And then, of course, there was his famous photo he had took of himself actually sat in a Master's Chair in a visit to a lodge somewhere. And the audience rightly gasped, as you can imagine!!!

Brilliant though. But I wonder how he really would be recieved?!
edit on 22-1-2012 by Futurcrat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

you found a picture of Augustus dancing in the lilies. While he enjoys his cape, and especially the tights, I never quite thought of him as "super". But Great find anyway!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
you found a picture of Augustus dancing in the lilies. While he enjoys his cape, and especially the tights, I never quite thought of him as "super". But Great find anyway!

Unlike Popeye and his spinach my superpowers are derived from another substance that is sold in a can....beer.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Unlike Popeye and his spinach my superpowers are derived from another substance that is sold in a can....beer.

Nice!!!

I've read how the spirit of God is meant to be urged down to the confines of the lodge by the rituals of Masonry.

I would've thought that would be power enough!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Ah yes, the power to THINK you can out run a speeding bullet, the power to THINK you can jump over buildings, And of course, the power to THINK you don't look like a kook in those tights.

I'll stick to jeans and sweet tea thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join