It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to find a "Super Mason"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's said all over this place that there is an upper eshalon of masons that control the unknowing masses of Porch masons. There have even been some members who claim to have these members in their family. I like conspiracies and I like to learn new things. So here is the challenge:

Bring the name of a current mason who is in the Upper Tier or who might be considered a "Higher Up" so that the masons here may vet that member and finally learn what apparently all anti-masons already know.

This mason should not be a member of your family since exposing their name might jeopardize your anonymity.

It should be simple. We have heard for years about your uncle, or your grandfather being a higher up, I would assume at least one of them had a friend at some point in their life.

I will affirm that should I find a secret group hidden inside masonry, I will willingly admit to that fact on this board since I have never taken any oath not to discuss such a thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The country of origin makes a massive difference here.

I have it on good authority that masons in the UK are so completly different to the masons in America that its hardly even worth considering them the same thing. I suppose i'm talking about the porch masons here i guess, using your words.

Ive met many masons in the UK and 90% of them are very old and very genuinly nice people, ive never knowingly met a super mason, if such a person or persons exists, but i have met many mason lodge masters and such and as much as i love a good conspiricy, no reason to suspect anything suspicious. Though of course im not a member my self and i dont have an access all areas pass or anything, this is just what i know from the masons in my family and a great number of others.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Tempting yes, but I will not do it.
My friend would not like it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

"A challenge to find a "Super Mason" you say?

I might be willing to take up that challenge...

*Looks in mirror*

Super Monkeys, not just for being "duper" anymore...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Tempting yes, but I will not do it.
My friend would not like it.

so your friend is one of these "Higher Up's"?

That sure would be interesting to find out about.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

We already know about you. I am trying to find the others you meet with at the 34th degree meetings.
You know.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My Brother:

While appreciate your intentions, I don't think anyone on this board would have intimate knowledge (and proof) of a high-echelon Mason. And, if they did, I doubt they would expose them here.

I acquiesce that there may or may not be secret occurrances at very high levels, outside of the true spirit of Masonry, however I know in my heart that the "field" masons have nothing but the true spirit of the fraternity in their hearts, their intentions are true and in good faith, and that we do Good work.

Therein lies the power of Masonry and nothing to the contrary has even been displayed to me.

So Mote it Be.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
The country of origin makes a massive difference here.

I have it on good authority that masons in the UK are so completly different to the masons in America that its hardly even worth considering them the same thing. I suppose i'm talking about the porch masons here i guess, using your words.

Ive met many masons in the UK and 90% of them are very old and very genuinly nice people, ive never knowingly met a super mason, if such a person or persons exists, but i have met many mason lodge masters and such and as much as i love a good conspiricy, no reason to suspect anything suspicious. Though of course im not a member my self and i dont have an access all areas pass or anything, this is just what i know from the masons in my family and a great number of others.

That is a good point. Since the majority of members who claim to know these "Super Masons" are in the US, I would say we limit things to the CONUS. That way we don't muddy the waters.

BTW, I agree with you completely, I, being a mason, don't believe in the magical "upper levels" since our whole premise is the we meet on the level. But far be it from me to close my mind and refuse to learn something new.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

While you and I both know this to be true, there are many non members who have far more knowledge than you and I. After all, we have yet to spend the required amount of basement dwelling time to come to the conclusion everything is indeed a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

We already know about you. I am trying to find the others you meet with at the 34th degree meetings.
You know.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT a mason.
I have a serious dislike of rules and ceremonies.
But that said , yes I know some masons.
One, a real good friend from student times, told me he was 33 degree, and that was more than 2 years ago.
For this he went several times to a Scottish lodge.
Still don't believe he is controlling the world or eating children.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Excellent point Sir!

You are correct.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
One, a real good friend from student times, told me he was 33 degree, and that was more than 2 years ago.
For this he went several times to a Scottish lodge.

It's going to take a little more than that... Typically it's a four year minimum to KCCH, and another four years to Inspector General (Honorary)

In the United States, members of the Scottish Rite can be elected to receive the 33° by the Supreme Council. It is conferred on members who have made major contributions to society or to Masonry in general. In the Southern Jurisdiction, a member who has been a 32° Scottish Rite Mason for 46 months or more is eligible to be elected to receive the "rank and decoration" of Knight Commander of the Court of Honour (K.C.C.H.) in recognition of outstanding service. After 46 months as a K.C.C.H. he is then eligible to be elected to the 33rd degree, upon approval of the Supreme Council and Grand Commander.[36] In the Northern Jurisdiction, there is only one 46-month requirement for eligibility to receive the 33rd degree, and while there is a Meritorious Service Award (as well as a Distinguished Service Award), they are not required intermediate steps towards the 33°. A recipient of the 33rd Degree is an honorary member of the Supreme Council and is therefore called an "Inspector General Honorary." However, those who are appointed Deputies of the Supreme Council that are later elected to membership on the Supreme Council are then designated "Sovereign Grand Inspectors General." In the Northern Jurisdiction a recipient of the 33rd Degree is an honorary member of the Supreme Council, and all members are referred to as a "Sovereign Grand Inspectors General."

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm Southern Jurisdiction, but I'm only peripherally active, whereas I'm quite involved with the Blue Lodge and Shrine... It's just a matter of choice.

And I would contend that being a 33rd Degree (Southern or Northern Jurisdiction) will get you a cup of coffee (on a Reunion weekend) and not much else.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well I am a Mason and pretty super too: LOL

If you really want to see the super Masons; look at the member list of the Grand Orient de France: It is a very political Grand Lodge; cited as irregular by most other Grand Lodges: They have recently been in the French media for allegedly trying to manipulate parliament: And have now been sent to Coventry by nearly all the other Grand Lodges for bringing the good name of the Craft into disreput:

So you see; there are good and bad in all walks of life even; I am saddened to say; the Masons:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I don't know how, but he did it, and I will take his word for it.
Maybe things in the Netherlands are a bit different?
I know he was good in changing weather patterns and other stuff.
We had a bet one day, I was to let it rain on him, just to make him soaking wet.
He was in in time, three seconds before it started pouring.
So I bought him a beer ( our bet).

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've know an couple of Super Masons in my short stint. They were Super in every way!

One was the Chaplain when I was raised to the 3rd Degree, and he was our Lodge's sitting Chaplain until his death a few years later. He was made a 33rd Degree Mason many years ago. Served as a PDDGM many years ago. Had every proficiency card possible, and had every prayer memorized. He taught catechisms and degree work, and he would never decline a visit, or a question from anyone. He was decrepit, and could barely get in and out of his chair, but for each and every prayer he would get up and walk slowly to the altar, and kneal down, and pray. His prayer would boom off of the walls and ceiling, and the majority of members in the Lodge assumed we had some sort of P.A. system, but we didn't, and it wasn't until after his death that the newcomers to Lodge believed it was just his praying voice rumbling their chairs. His normally frail and whispy voice would echo and rumble through the seats like thunder. I barely knew the guy in the grand scheme of things, but I can readily admit that I loved him dearly. He gave love so freely and willingly to everyone he encountered, even perfect strangers. I don't see how anyone can be any more SUPER than that. R.I.P. Rt. Worshipful.

I have a similar story for the sitting WM when I was raised to the sublime degree, but I won't waste everyone's time with sappy stories.

Through the Shrine, and some interesting degree work like the "Chitlin" and "Hillbilly" degrees, I have also met Grand Masters from Florida and other states. I have met Governors, and Past Imperial Potentates at events, and I guarantee most in attendance didn't have any idea just how "Super" they were. One guy sat down with my wife and I at a Cowboy event and fundraiser for the Shrine Hospitals, and we talked and drank beer, and I danced with his wife, and I would have never known he was anything special if someone hadn't whispered it in my ear, and if I hadn't had the cahones to ask him directly.

The singular common trait is a genuine goodness, openness, and acceptance of all their brethren as equals. Makes sense since that is at the core of our Masonic principles, but how will any non-Mason ever comprehend it.

I'd love to see any of the so-called "elites" and their greedy agendas sit in a room with even a half-dozen tried and true Masons. I think they would melt in their seats. In fact, our Lodge has a couple of greasy spots on the carpet and seats, and I'm sure it was probably due to some members of the elite trying to fit in, and just spontaneously combusting in the presence of real, good, men.
edit on 9-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for that.

The singular common trait is a genuine goodness, openness, and acceptance of all their brethren as equals. Makes sense since that is at the core of our Masonic principles, but how will any non-Mason ever comprehend it.

My friend and his wife are also very social in their small town.
And yes he really can make an "apperarece" if he wants to.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You didn't say only living.

A Timely Chat With a New Freemason

A Timely Chat With a New Freemason

Benjamin Franklin shares his wisdom with newly raised Master Masons.

Produced by Boston Light Storytellers LLC for the Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Now I would venture a guess that Brother Franklin was near the top of the most respected list in his day. And I would go so far as to say that in that time, there was a group of men who plotted to make history and overthrow a government. And there happened to be many masons among them. While the nation they built was founded on masonic and religious principals, it was not a masonic function. (IMHO)

But I do wish we had leaders within the masonic community that would step up to the plate and push in that direction once more. Having the moral values we relish and the strength of unity, it would be a great place to start, but seeing as how we don't discuss religion and politics, it might be hard to get that ball rolling.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I see the Masonic role a little differently. We already have an existing structure, a hierarchy that works, a template for governing, etc., etc. We already have a Nationwide and a Worldwide network of like-minded individuals.

The US Revolution was coming one way or another, but the leaders were skilled in a different form of governing, and in a different form of polite debate and communication. When it came time to provide leadership and direction, they were perfectly equipped to deal with it. The Masons didn't have to start the ball rolling, they just had to be there to make sure it went in the right direction, and stayed a true course.

Today is no different. When the discomfort with the status quo becomes great enough, the change will happen organically, and hopefully there will be enough just and upright men to lead the change and make it change for the better.

The pure organizational structure is the reason many dictators outlaw Masonry, and certain religions. Our structure is too organized, and too convenient to step in and lead a community when a need arises. It isn't the morality or the religions that they fear, it is the organization and experience of the members.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Let's see.. I deal with the bar in the International Order of the Turtles. I am an officer of my local lodge. I am a noble of AAONS. I am a member of the Lodge of Perfection, a Knight of the Rose Croix, and a Master of the Royal Secret.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join