It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece using bailout money to buy WEAPONS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Of course.

Greece Spends Bailout Cash On European Military Purchases

As Greek standards of living nose-dive, loans to households and businesses shrink still further, and Troika-imposed PSI discussions continue, there is one segment of the country's infrastructure that is holding up well. In a story on Zeit Online, the details of the multi-billion Euro new arms contracts are exposed as the European reach-around would be complete with IMF (US) and Europe-provided Greek bailout cash doing a full-circle into American Apache helicopters, French frigates, and German U-Boats. As the unnamed source in the article notes: "If Greece gets paid in March the next tranche of funding (€ 80 billion is expected), there is a real opportunity to conclude new arms contracts." With the country's doctors only treating emergencies, bus drivers on strike, and a dire lack of school textbooks and the country teetering on the brink of Drachmatization, perhaps our previous concerns over military coups was not so far-fetched as after the Portuguese (another obviously stressed nation), the Greeks are the largest buyers of German war weapons. It seems debt crisis talks perhaps had more quid pro quo than many expected as Euro Fighter commitments were also discussed and Greek foreign minister Droutsas points out:"Whether we like it or not, Greece is obliged to have a strong military".

Yeah let's all forget about the actual Greek economy COLLAPSING... let's use that money to buy weapons to make the military-industrial complex gets even bigger!

This is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
On one hand i find this sort of news deeply depressing, but then on the other its the same thing that countries with no economy to start with also do!

That said; it shows a worring focus of attention for the country, clearly picking up on the ecollapse sensationalised by USA right now.

Plant food people! its practicly free if you got some soil!!

Ive never eaten bullets before, but im guessing they taste bad.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
buizness as usual.......

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's why the bailouts were so massive. Maybe the fiancial crisis was a cover story for countries to get money to arm themselves in preparation for the coming global war!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Do some research!! It's part of the DEAL that Greece buys Weapons!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It’s all part of the bailout plan.
To get the money Greece needs, they have to stay in the EU.
With the current standard of living in Greece in decline, there is a chance there could be a revolt by the people to over through the government and ignore their debt obligations to other nations.
The military is being beefed up to counter such a threat and guarantee their loans.
Sort of like a fascism insurance policy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I agree with what you said that buying weapons is part of the plan, i just want to add this one thing in regards to that thought, a historical thought. Greece is now and always has been completly parnoid of Turkey, hundreds and hundreds of years of wars murder and killing between the two doesnt just wash away from colective memory.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They are buying weapons and here is a story from the Daily Mail/Drudge. I would say their priorities are screwed up.

Children 'dumped in streets by Greek parents who can't afford to look after them any more' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

It makes me sick......

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
They are buying weapons and here is a story from the Daily Mail/Drudge. I would say their priorities are screwed up.

Children 'dumped in streets by Greek parents who can't afford to look after them any more' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

It makes me sick......

Carry on with your Daily Mail..
We not only dump our Children on the street, we also put them on a Merry go round so they get dizzy and don't find their way back..

edit on 12-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join