It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51% See Occupy Wall Street Protesters As Public Nuisance

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Anthony Weiner is a perv.

That doesn't make them all pervs.

No different for Occupy.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I too think this number to be lower than expected,(80% of people I converse with feel OWSers are jobless, ignorant, tete suckers) especially considering a great majority of 30 and unders do not even have land line phones any longer,(I am in my 40's and have not had a landline 15 plus yrs) that is the only type of phone used for polls, which is why they are useless to gauge actual ratios but incredibly useful for propaganda, everybody in this country likes to go with the flow and feel a part of the majority,,, or winners! freakin pitiful!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The OWS movement never had a clear agenda.

I didn't side with my "brothers-in-arms" because their apparent purpose seemed ridiculous--the
idea that bankers make too much money, or that corporations are taking over, or that stock
trading is bad...I dunno?.

I also felt manipulated by the media. The whole scene seemed staged. I never educated
myself on the OWS movement's origins, but in the back of my mind my BS meter was going off.
It seemed like a test-run of the police-state power structure, or maybe, possibly a gauge of what
percentage of the population would involve themselves, and to what extent they would protest.

At its very best I see the OWS movement as mostly displaced and disgruntled workers erecting
a picket line in front of the company. Except this time the company is the US government and the guys
holding the signs have no union representation and no goal...just lots of time, and lots of anger.
edit on 10-1-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

We have goals. Go to nycga.net search for the vision and goals group, read their docs. Read the declaration as well. I linked both in an earlier post but am feeling too tired n lazy to do so again. We don't need representation because we represent ourselves.
edit on 10-1-2012 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Convenient that its just over half - i call bluff.

Media coverage has stopped because they think if they're not getting viewed in mainstream media the movement will die out, but its too strong now.

The slumbering beast of the people is awakening!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
LOL

51% see occupy as a nuisance? Yet out of thousands of active posters only 5-9 or so appeared to have S+F'd your post. COOL STORY BRO

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

you said it right there you rep you selves , what about ME? am I to rep my self ? should I stand on the street and say it is EVERY ONES? see then it is not about me but all that use that street if you in the OWS would just admit it there is more than just YOU that are tired of the same old Bull pucky yes taxes are high, wages are low, housing up, that if if you pay for rent /mortgage, home value down, the cost of living up that is the price of food, fuel and all the needs to live. Whose fault OUR fault ,what can be done??? VOTE THEM bums OUT.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join