It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

51% See Occupy Wall Street Protesters As Public Nuisance

page: 3
12
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by haarvik
 
no it is Oh We Shout, about any and everything all at once," whose street, our street" no it is not!!! it is everyone's street!!!!



Must have corporate ID to pass?




posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod
 


Maybe if they had targeted the government instead of wall st, maybe we wouldn't have the NDAA.
Maybe if they had targeted DC, Ron Paul might be the front runner.
Maybe if they had targeted DC, fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget amendment might have passed.
Instead they target the people who allow the rest of us to earn a living.
They target anyone who makes more than they do.
They claim to represent the rest of us without even caring what the rest of us want.
When asked what we want, they just ignore us or start defending their childish and futile movement.

Massive failure!! It was doomed before it even started.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by bekod
 


Maybe if they had targeted the government instead of wall st, maybe we wouldn't have the NDAA.
Maybe if they had targeted DC, Ron Paul might be the front runner.
Maybe if they had targeted DC, fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget amendment might have passed.
Instead they target the people who allow the rest of us to earn a living.
They target anyone who makes more than they do.
They claim to represent the rest of us without even caring what the rest of us want.
When asked what we want, they just ignore us or start defending their childish and futile movement.

Massive failure!! It was doomed before it even started.


They are targetting both Wall St. and the government and have been the ONLY actively protesting the NDAA.
Ron Pauls numbers have shot up since Occupy began. Related? I dunno.
Check the link in my sig.
They do not target anyone who makes more than they do.
They claim to be a part of the 99% who control less wealth than the 1%.
When asked what we want...it can't be simplified into a sound bite. It's not our fault there's more than one problem.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You know something, those are great stats. 49% don't. Thats alot of awake people. I bet TPTB are quaking in their boots over those stats.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
People hate on OWS for no other reason aside from biased partisan talking points feed by their partisan propaganda machine. Same thing happens to the Tea Party. Both are fighting for much needed changes and both are targeting issues that need to be in the forefront of our political discussion.

Is it odd that both grass roots movements have been character assassinated at every given chance by pundits, MSM and ideological radio prostitutes? Not really, but people will remained fooled by the "our team against theirs" meme.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms


The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey also finds that just 24% think the Occupy Wall Street protesters who first began their protests in early October have gotten their message across to the American people


By telephone survey do they mean landlines or both landlines and cell phones? Makes a bigger difference then most would believe.


Sounds like the survey targeted people of a ripe old age



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
as an avid occupier frm day one I would just like to say first of all the quoted article states the movement began in early october when it actually began in mid september so just based on that little tidbit one must understand that these people obviously dont have their facts straight. Secondly i'd just like to reiterate.the concern previously stated that this poll claims to show 51% of americans disagree with ows when the poll only shows 51% of 1000 people polled disagree which is not in any way representative.of america as a whole.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by satron
 


Yeah the whole survey is rather vague. I hate polls for this reason in that you can make a poll result to say basically anything you want if given enough resources. Polls are one of the most over used (and little questioned) manipulation devices used on the public especially come election cycle. It gives a false sense of "voice of the people".
edit on 9-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hmm 51% eh? What was the sample size, margin of error, standard deviation, demographics of people questioned, methodology, results, conclusion....etc..



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Hmm 51% eh? What was the sample size, margin of error, standard deviation, demographics of people questioned, methodology, results, conclusion....etc..



1000, by telepone (whatever that means), -/+ 3%, questions listed if you click link, no info on demographics (except the vague word "national", and the key words "likely voters").
edit on 9-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, if one were to go back over all the OWS threads that have appeared here, and did a tally of those opposed to it, I think that 51% would be a tad low. There are for more people who don't like it than those who do. A lot of us were initially supportive of the movement. Then every left wing nut job out there just had to try and steer it, and we lost all respect for it. When a re-branded Acorn, the tree huggers, and the Hollywood leftist socialists showed up, I personally lost all respect for the movement.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms
 




-/+ 3%, questions


Well within the margin of error hehe, seems to be overlooked by the OP



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik
 




So a few dozen people max. destroyed all your hope for the future of the 99%? That seems a little unfair. The issues we need adressed ef5ect a large group of people includimg re,branded tree hugging leftist socialists.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms
 




-/+ 3%, questions


Well within the margin of error hehe, seems to be overlooked by the OP



Yep and pretty much everyone on this thread trying to prove a non-existent truth.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer
 


Once again, your 99% does not constitute those of us categorized as such. I am part of the 99% and do not agree with your movement. Therefore, there can be no 99% vs. the 1%.
Leftist, socialistic, tree hugging liberals are what has gotten us into the mess we have now. Granted some conservatives did some economic damage, but the left are what has eroded our country to the brink of a fascist regime. Watch my video and then tell me the leftists have done a good job with our country.

I will oppose any person or group that promotes any sort of social engineering in my country. I don't care if a group of 1,000 has one. If it has one, it is capable of having more and thereby ruining my country. If you people want a socialist or communist society, then there are plenty of other countries around the world who will gladly oblige. Don't go trying to turn mine into one of them. I will defend her till I die!



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik
 


Funny, we rejected the same people but stayed in the movement. It will remain leaderless.

ETA: I should say rejected leadership from those people.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by jacktherer
 


Once again, your 99% does not constitute those of us categorized as such. I am part of the 99% and do not agree with your movement. Therefore, there can be no 99% vs. the 1%.
Leftist, socialistic, tree hugging liberals are what has gotten us into the mess we have now. Granted some conservatives did some economic damage, but the left are what has eroded our country to the brink of a fascist regime. Watch my video and then tell me the leftists have done a good job with our country.

I will oppose any person or group that promotes any sort of social engineering in my country. I don't care if a group of 1,000 has one. If it has one, it is capable of having more and thereby ruining my country. If you people want a socialist or communist society, then there are plenty of other countries around the world who will gladly koblige. Don't go trying to turn mine into one of them. I will defend her till I die! [/quote

We dont want a socialist state we want a gov't that puts people and sustainability before profit. We are tired of spendimg astronomical sums on seemingly endless and obviously pointless wars. We want those that caused this crisis to be held accountable for their wrongdoing. The only thing that can be considered socialist that we ask for is f ree education and healthcare
Which are both basic human rights. And for the record I agree that the 99 vs the 1 is a dangerous paradigm and encourages marginalization and scapegoating. We are all in this together as 100% for good or ill.
We are not promoting a socialist state. What we want is to reassert our powers listed in the comsgitution



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer
 


Sorry, but free education and healthcare are not basic human rights. I agree with free education through high school. I do not agree with college level being free. However, having said that, I don't agree with the current level of price gouging of students to achieve a higher degree of education. If we were to espouse natural healing, the costs for healthcare would go down. Our society places too much faith in big pharma and the god-like physician. We used to use natural remedies prior to the FDA.

But that just shows the divide between those who want something for free, and those who are willing to work for it.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik
 
I agree , the new gen wants everything handed to them free this and that , well it is not free you earn it, some things could be reduced ED and Healthcare but it is greed that drives them, $100 a pill that made for 30 cents get real Pharmey, the day will come when your no longer needed nor will your pills be swallowed. $25,000 up or down depending on the course and other matters per term for a piece of , [as one person I know has a BA that is worthless, and as she so plainly put it] a$$ wipe.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik
 



I have as much a problem taking handouts as you seem to this is why I have a job. Unfortunately I don't tmake enough money to pay for the damages incurred on me by the NYPD but at the same time the state seems to think I make too much to be eligible for medicaid. What am I to do? I have no benefits, there's no union for me. But that won't stop me from occupying, many people have it worse off than I and that's why intend to continue the good fight. I too will defend lady liberty to the death and right now her heart lies in chains. I know my mission.
edit on 9-1-2012 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join