It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Vid: Little girl beats lion in staring contest. Lion tries to attack her through glass.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
At least that's my take on it.

Here's a pretty cool vid of a 3 year old girl keeping her cool when a huge lion tries to have her for a snack after she beats him in a staring contest.

Three-Year-Old Barely Flinches As Massive Lion Tries to Attack Through Zoo Glass

While others backed away from the glass of the lion’s exhibit at the Wellington Zoo in Australia when a 7-year-old lion Malik turned his attention from his food to viewers, 3-year-old Sofia Walker stood her ground. But based on this footage, would you?

According to the New Zealand Herald, Sofia had disturbed Malik’s meal with staring contest and, as Zookeeper Paul Horton said in the YouTube video, Malik saw this little person as just about the right size for eating.

The Blaze

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Stood her ground? lol

She almost flew to the other side of the zoo in fear!
Probably paralyzed by the same fear that stopped her running.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Stood her ground? lol

Yup, you can see her jump when the lion gets wild. .

Poor Lion though, being caged, behind stupid glass with stupid people looking and pointing at him....i can understand him going wild

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
House cats do the same thing. Stare into one's eye too long and THEY WHACK YOU IN THE FACE!

You can just feel the tension build when you stare into their eyes and you just know they want to smack you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If the swipe of a Lion's paw can break an elephant's neck...

That glass would have to be ALOT thicker for me to feel safe looking in THAT close. I would at least want a mile headstart.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Gotta question the source not based on the video but purely on lack of education and/or just plain ignorance.
Wellington Zoo..... In Australia??
Try again.

Anyway aside from my dig at that article, cool vid Op, I woulda shat me dacks that lion is far-kin huge!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Poor lion it looks so sad when its scratching the glass

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Braggng rights. In 2008 I was in the guest seats at the U.S. Supreme Court and got into the first guest row, near the front. There I caught Justice Anthony Kennedy's eyes and we had a staring contest. It must have gone on for four minutes, so maybe it was two in real-time. And I won! Took him to the mat. I had Gore vs Bush in mind much of the time, and knew I wouldn't lose, so it was fun the longer it went.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Aleister because: added

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
She probably hasn't learned fear yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Stood her ground? lol

Actually, while she does flinch back a little bit at first, I think it is one of the parents trying to pull her away from the window that makes it appear that she wants to run.

If you look closely at the 2nd half of the video, you can clearly see the girl snatching her hands away from someone behind her who is trying to pull her away. She doesn't want to get away from the attacking lion and has to snatch her hands out of the grasp of whoever it is that is trying to pull her away from behind.

Can't blame the parents though. I'd probably do the same thing if that happened to one of my kids at the zoo, no matter how thick the glass was between them and the animal.

new topics

top topics

join