It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Hip-Hop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

yes he is an og like dre
nate dogg was and so on
so i agree with u on that

to the op good job on the thread

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-1-2012 by thebestnr1 because: forgot yukmouth

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Mate, those videos are DOPE!

I grew on electro when it started, then onto NWA, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Kool mo Dee, King Bee, Rakim etc etc etc etc.

Thank for sharing!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is one of my favourite underground UK tunes.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
reply to post by femalepharoe

i constantly tell my friends that id be gladly willing to listen to a female rapper they just cant be trash like the ones that seem to gain popularity.

i listen to rap for lyrics. somthing minaj, trina and all the others have yet to accomplish. they just like to sound like hoes

lol. Good Ol' Trina .

The thing is, hip hop , like any art, was a means for the artist to express themselve - their environment; while we as the listening audiences could get a peek into what was going on.

At any giving time we knew what was good on the East Coast , West Coast, South (scarface/outkast etc) gansta , conscious whatever.

So when it comes to the ...foremothers..lol ..of the "ho" genre ; I actually respect them because that was what they knew and where they were from.

Have you ever been to the projects in NY? Or the deep south in florida where people don't have grass?
A cute little petitie light skinned/ brown skinned girl with a body didn't stand a chance.

lol.

There's also something to the purposeful seperating of Hip Hop from R&b which used to be all on ONE station.

But thats another conversation...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks for all these classic vids to keep my computer bumpin old school beats yall
Makes me appreciate how the internet is still young and free.
Hopefully they never take away our sharing rights to share whole eras of music with others who may not have even heard one song from a whole different time period of Hip-Hop

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadys321

Fair enough, everyone to their own, but ATCQ used to be the best of underground. Their problem was that they were so good they got mainstream, just like the Wu.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
There's also something to the purposeful seperating of Hip Hop from R&b which used to be all on ONE station.

But thats another conversation...

No No, please carry on, the segregation of Hip-Hop from R&B is very relevant and an interesting conversation.

What went wrong with the world when Rythm and Blues had anything to do with Usher and Justin Bieber

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

Are you seriously going to act like how metalheads argue over deathcore/metalcore not being good enough? Tech N9ne is a great hip hop/rap artist man.

Also, my favourite hip hop song of 2011:

This song always gets me pumped.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well, in a previous life, I had wrote something about this but it was more from the perspective on why Hip Hop and R&b are purposefully the way they are. Here's something:

"Due to Clear Channel and Viacom (who own up to 18% of all radio stations , many the most marketed , best frequency ) radio has been syndicated ensuring that the music we listen to has been hand picked BEFORE hand. Also ensuring that no artists will receive a “break” due to the fact that DJ’s are not allowed to play something that is not in the ‘list’. In fact, DJ’s these days have been deduced to nothing more than someone clicking on a pre set I-tunes list. Thus when a station plays “Hip Hop and R&B” yet the only R&B offered is the over sexualized songs , they are not a true hip/hop r&b station."

Think about it: tribe called quest/naz/wu tang / beastieboys etc where played right beside Boys II men or Jodeci or even Anita Baker. If you want to get freaky- R. Kelly was thrown in there for the playas.

Now R&B and Hip Hop stations are really just top 20 and the R&b have nothing to do with love. Instead of little boys listening to "I'll make love to you" they listen to trey songs - who could make a grown man blush.

Its about the over saturation of one thing that spawns these problems in the community ya know...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A true master
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When the turn table started being used in hip-hop it created quite the stir and inspired djs to start releasing whole albums with nothing but turn-table cuts. In fact it created a whole new genre of music called "Trip-Hop" Where djs would mix anything they see fit with a hip hop beat, including old japanese instruments.
Here is an japanese artist, Dj Krush from the ninjatune record label, a label that is trip hop exclusive.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here is a more well known trip hop artist "Amon Tobin" Whos musical contributions grace many backgrounds of movies and video games Such as "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell".

Since trip-hop hardly has any lyrics due to its turn-table based style, many music and video games developers use this music for atmosphere. Amon Tobin also represents the ninjatune recording label, as one can see their trademark in this vid
edit on 9-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
that first video is amazing!

some more for the mixer

edit on 9-1-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
jedi mind tricks
best underground music in present day in my opionion

and a little something that i produced

edit on 9-1-2012 by tdrowe2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

Man, that song by Del is old school, I havent heard that in years so thanks for digging that one up for me.

Some proper, meaningful and tight lyrics being spit there.

Do you ever listen to any UK rap?

This is some proper underground UK #

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thebestnr1

Granted that song is sick, havent heard a story told so well through rap for a while, but as TRILL was saying Immortal doesnt have anything on the MC's listed above, and is a 'Guns and Bi***es' rapper.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

granted he raps about that to but i think he is sick
and a guns and bit33es rapper would never make a song like this www.youtube.com... in my opinion

i got a few more fore u let me know what u think please
here they are
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

and one more from immortal www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-1-2012 by thebestnr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by thebestnr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2010

dude your links aren't working, I want to see what you produced..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert
reply to post by TRILL

Are you seriously going to act like how metalheads argue over deathcore/metalcore not being good enough? Tech N9ne is a great hip hop/rap artist man.

Also, my favourite hip hop song of 2011:

This song always gets me pumped.

I never said "I don't like/dislike/hate Tech N9ne, I respectfully disagreed that he his "Hip Hop". I hate when people like you assume someone said something else by other words I chose to say...
edit on 12-1-2012 by TRILL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Special Ed - I got it made

Dysfunkshunal Familee - New Ruff Flava

INI Ft. Pete Rock - Fakin Jax (9th Wonder remix)

Just a few of my favorites...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join