It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone planning a new physical fitness plan for the purpose of TSHTF scenario?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just do some pushups, pullups, crunches, squats, dips and some walking/running. Easy enough. And if the shtf you can still do all that wherever you are with no weight machines. Try looking up the 100 pushup challenge and the couch to 5k challenge and go from there. They have other challenges for the other exercises I mentioned so start those after you are done.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hqokc

A very valid point, physical health and fitness is just as important as mental, if not more. You will need to be able to push yourself hard and long without sleep for a number of nights for a good chance of surviving whilst bugging out when TSHTF.

I do not have a fitness 'plan', but I do have a very active week.

Monday - Basketball Training
Tuesday - 5 a side Football (Soccer to you guys across the pond:dn

Wednesday - Football Training
Thursday - Well earned rest and a drink at the pub

Friday - MMA Training
Saturday - Football Match
Sunday - Basketball Match

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

When did I mention any plans????

I just like being a little prepared

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
bought a shake weight......ready to take on the world

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've been getting healthy with my own form of Bushman training. I have free-weights and a bench in my spare bedroom, which I work out every other day. I train in Hanbojutsu, the art of the walking stick, and my core gets a great workout. For cardio, I ''battle'' my 2 huge dogs with my cane. I sit on the deck out front, cross-legged, and hold one off of me while manipulating the other dog with my cane, and push them around while they try to nip at my arms and head. I have a rottweiler and a lab-chow mix and their both the nicest dogs in the world.. I have to playfully slap them in the chops to rile them up to play. We wrestle for about an hour, or until they both get tired and lay in my lap trying to get pets.

When I'm using my free-weights, I will load them up with extra weight and walk up and down my stairs on my deck to build leg and shoulder strength as well as stamina. I also will take some weight off, to maybe about 20 lbs per weight, lay on the grass flat on my back, get up really quickly and sprint up the stairs. Little things like that don't require a gym membership or some jacka** money-grabbing trainer. And it keeps my dogs in shape! lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
bought a shake weight......ready to take on the world

I love post workout cooling mist.

OT: It's going to suck for the armchair revolutionaries who get winded going up a flight of stairs.

You should live like there's no doctor. Keep mobile. Eat and drink right. Floss and brush. Do it all today because who knows what tomorrow may bring.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm walking everyday twice a day a distance of 15 km
I 'm also working out in weighlifting,3 sets of 20 reps of 15 kg in each hand.So i thing i'm fit enough!!i'm not smoking,but i drink a lot,and that's really a problem,cause sometimes i get tired really easy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Many would find in the face of an actual emergency that might require physical strength (Your house is on fire, wife and children unconscious from smoke inhalation, you've got to carry them out in time, for example) that staying in some form of good shape is the most valuable survival asset one could acquire besides knowledge, above and beyond just about all material supplies.

Am I planning a new fitness plan? No - Mine is ongoing and had been formed from previous training and one thing I try to stress to others that want to get into good shape is that all you really need are a good pair of running shoes/outfit, the earth around you and some motivation that must come from within. Leave the gym and the treadmill behind, they are unnecessary, as is spending money on other gimmicky equipment.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A bit off topic,but do you know the game I Am Alive?
It's trailer is out since 2008 if i'm right,but the game hasn't been released yet..It's about a post apocalyptic earth,that food and water are rare,every man is for himself and only.The trailer doesn't give us any clue about what happened,the earth cracked,buildings collapsed..I'm telling this,cause the main character in the trailer wears a suit and goes to work when it happens.Then,in some gameplay scene,he is a good parkour athlete,a fast runner,and has a really sharp mind.Many say that the game will be released in 2013.Are they afraid that the game shows our future??So they hope that the world won't end,and then they can give us the game??I don't know,but here is the trailer to check for your self

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i want to i know how important physical fitness is, I am probably the most out of fit person on the board it gets to me knowing I can barley run far and weigh 18 stone and only 5ft tall but I am slowly getting back into the training i was doing but getting fit is 20% exercise and 80% diet hence why i do vegan diet on week days. Less cholesterol less fat and less saturated fats and preservatives and E numbers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join