It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop telling paranoid people they are "being monitored by CIA" and other ridiculous statements.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This reminds me of that whistleblower from AT&T.
Even though this says data. How easy would it be to track and monitor phone also.

abcnews.go.com...

Klein says he collected 120 pages of technical documents left around the San Francisco office showing how the NSA was installing "splitters" that would allow it to copy both domestic and international Internet traffic moving through AT&T connections with 16 other trunk lines.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
One question i like to ask paranoid individuals regarding big brother:

What makes you think you are so interesting in the first place?

Big brother must be having a pretty damned quiet week if they have nothing more important to do and also, just how close can anyone really watch or follow you? Its like the old security camera debate, you can have as many cameras as you like, you still need somone to watch them all, right?

Wrong, complex computer algorithms process hundreds of thousands pieces of data a second and sorts it so that the analysts only have to look at the most pertinent. Because like you said "What makes you so interesting". they are only interested in studying the info from the individuals that are deemed "interesting" by the algorithms

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by forevertruepatriot

So are these people scared by a computer algorithm? Or the poeple behind it?

Theres only one thing that i guess that im scared of with big brother and thats being falsy accused of somthing, but it doesnt keep me up at night because i am for the most part a normal person, who does normal person things.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So are these people scared by a computer algorithm? Or the poeple behind it?

Theres only one thing that i guess that im scared of with big brother and thats being falsy accused of somthing, but it doesnt keep me up at night because i am for the most part a normal person, who does normal person things.

And they know that, and they dont care about you. but like i said in earlier posts, everything you do contributes to your "profile" for all intents and purposes. They look for variations from that normal profile, i.e. erratic behavior, etc. Your profile is rated as a possible threat with a rating system. having a conversation with someone inside the country saying things like terror attack, bomb etc wont do much to boost your "threat score" but having the same conversation with person from say pakistan is going to have a much greater impact on the score.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

Whenever I relocate to a new place I make friends with computer geeks in the area. While in MS I made friends with a guy who had done nothing all his life but study and work with computers. Hacker? Yes. GD wizard was what he was.

The laws, the technology, and the software is all in place. The fairy stories you speak of about key words triggering automatic recording of the conversation or email are true. Indeed I heard a story on NPR (National Propaganda Radio) where they told how hackers could listen in to what was being said in a room even if the cell phone was turned off. I called my bud because I knew that this was half the truth. He informed me that yes it would be possible, but not for hackers unless they could break into the computer that has the software, connections, etc. In other words the NSA computer.

He went on to tell me that he could do this as well but he would have to have physical possession of the cell phone for a minute or two before he could accomplish this.

But perhaps you are right, they have installed this capability in each and every cell phone because they have no intention of using it, nor any desire to use it.

I used to work for WCom (WorldCom) and have listened in on telephone conversations myself. The last time it was done in the switch house in New Orleans with the super high tech hardware called an "alligator clip". I was not listening to listen, I was listening to find a clear line - one with no conversation ongoing - so that I could test a problem the locals were having. I did not reveal my presence, and cannot be sued or otherwise litigated against for this, it was the normal performance of my job. I was waiting for the two women to shut up and get off the line. At the time there were three of us standing there listening.

Meanwhile about 50 to 90 miles away, depending, there was a Regen (Regenerator) sitting by the side of a RR track in which part of the shelter was cordoned off by a steel locked gate. Only those with Federal clearance could step into that side of the shelter. I, not having gone through the clearance process could be in the shelter and stand next to the steel door while it was opened but I could not go through it. What was in it? The Feds own little network? The Feds own little listening equipment?

I cannot say for certain what was in it, because I could not examine the fiber labels to see what came in and went out and where, but I can tell you it was not the normal Nortel/Siemens/Pirelli equipment that carried all our other networks. That stuff was on the side of the gate that I was allowed into and the stuff on the "secret" side rode on our normal equipment and fibers. So what was going on on the Fed side of the Gate? You tell me. My educated guess is that I was looking at part of the hardware that supported the Echelon software. Every Regen in the country is not set up this way, but there are an awful lot that are, and they are usually a little ways outside of major metropolitan areas.

Don't be too sure the sky is not falling until you talk to folks from the technical side of things, because we aren't that sure.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Even though this says data. How easy would it be to track and monitor phone also.

See my previous post!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by TRILL

Whenever I relocate to a new place I make friends with computer geeks in the area. While in MS I made friends with a guy who had done nothing all his life but study and work with computers. Hacker? Yes. GD wizard was what he was.

The laws, the technology, and the software is all in place. The fairy stories you speak of about key words triggering automatic recording of the conversation or email are true. Indeed I heard a story on NPR (National Propaganda Radio) where they told how hackers could listen in to what was being said in a room even if the cell phone was turned off. I called my bud because I knew that this was half the truth. He informed me that yes it would be possible, but not for hackers unless they could break into the computer that has the software, connections, etc. In other words the NSA computer.

He went on to tell me that he could do this as well but he would have to have physical possession of the cell phone for a minute or two before he could accomplish this.

But perhaps you are right, they have installed this capability in each and every cell phone because they have no intention of using it, nor any desire to use it.

I used to work for WCom (WorldCom) and have listened in on telephone conversations myself. The last time it was done in the switch house in New Orleans with the super high tech hardware called an "alligator clip". I was not listening to listen, I was listening to find a clear line - one with no conversation ongoing - so that I could test a problem the locals were having. I did not reveal my presence, and cannot be sued or otherwise litigated against for this, it was the normal performance of my job. I was waiting for the two women to shut up and get off the line. At the time there were three of us standing there listening.

Meanwhile about 50 to 90 miles away, depending there was a Regen (Regenerator) sitting by the side of a RR track in which part of the shelter was cordoned off by a steel locked gate. Only those with Federal clearance could step into that side of the shelter. I, not having gone through the clearance process could be in the shelter and stand next to the steel door while it was opened but I could not go through it. What was in it? The Feds own little network? The Feds own little listening equipment?

I cannot say for certain what was in it, because I could not examine the fiber labels to see what came in and went out and where, but I can tell you it was not the normal Nortel/Siemens/Pirelli equipment that carried all our other networks. That stuff was on the side of the gate that I was allowed into and the stuff on the "secret" side rode on our normal equipment and fibers. So what was going on on the Fed side of the Gate? You tell me. My educated guess is that I was looking at part of the hardware that supported the Echelon software. Every Regen in the country is not set up this way, but there are an awful lot that are, and they are usually a little ways outside of major metropolitan areas.

Don't be too sure the sky is not falling until you talk to folks from the technical side of things, because we aren't that sure.

I am one of those tech people you speak of. I develop software for big companies and have, with the support of my team written several algorithms and programs that do similar things for companies that mine for research. All of the info is collected passively, people don't know they are being data mined. Then all of a sudden the whole picture come together. This is evident on a VERY small scale with tracking cookies on the web. It pops ads up for similar things that you have been shopping for. Think of this, only a tracking cookies on where you go, who you interact with, what you drive, how you drive etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I am one of those tech people you speak of. I develop software for big companies and have, with the support of my team written several algorithms and programs that do similar things for companies that mine for research. All of the info is collected passively, people don't know they are being data mined. Then all of a sudden the whole picture come together. This is evident on a VERY small scale with tracking cookies on the web. It pops ads up for similar things that you have been shopping for. Think of this, only a tracking cookies on where you go, who you interact with, what you drive, how you drive etc.

I know you are right on this, that is why I love firefox/no script. It is like browsing was in '98. My bud was an escalation guy at Flextronics and had made Mac software work on IBM and IBM software work on Mac before... Well, let's just say I never stumped this man for even a second. He had one computer submerged in oil. He was amazing.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
lol i dont go quite that far, but as one old professor said, the only truly secure computer is one buried in 10 feet of concrete.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

People do way too much on computers, things that life interactions should be covering.

in my opinion computers should not be used for finacial, relationship or otherwise sensitive information ever.

We dont make avatars and alter-egos online just because its fun you know

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

People do way too much on computers, things that life interactions should be covering.

in my opinion computers should not be used for finacial, relationship or otherwise sensitive information ever.

We dont make avatars and alter-egos online just because its fun you know

ever seen WALL'E? 1 word. FUTURE lol

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Keep telling yourself that you are not being monitored.

EVERYTHING is monitored. Every email, tweet, phone call, facebook post, every type of transaction. You are monitored a thousand different ways every day. Don't believe it? Try saying certain words on the phone, I don't even want to post them here. You don't need to call Pakistan, just say you are thinking of doing something fatally illegal to the big cheese in dc and see how fast the Feds will be at your door. You want some kind of "proof"? Just try it. Then you will realize that your and everyone else's phone is tapped at all times. Of course, you will be in jail, so, there's that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

You just gave yourself away. They've been monitoring your internet activity via a remote viewing program installed discretely on your computer by a trojan virus.

You need to throw out your hard drive. Make sure you microwave it first so information is not retrievable as they are known to go through your trash also.

Please no longer use the internet. It just isn't safe anymore.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

They've been monitoring me since I got my clearance in the Marine Corps. Now I just like to screw with them when I get the chance.
edit on 9-1-2012 by NoClue206 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I thought you were a random paranoid dude. What's your MOS? Sorry bout that devil.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

6046/6199 but we should try and stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was questioning because I was trying to figure out why they would feel the need to monitor you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Because they keep tabs on everyone that has a active security clearance.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I was going to say then surely you knew the repercussions of acquiring a clearance, but then I realized you weren't the guy the OP was referring to who made the "is my phone hacked" thread like I had originally thought.

/retard
edit on 9-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

lol no it wasn't me he was talking about.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join