It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
who the hell cares how many stars and flags a post/thread gets? They're completly bloody uselesss anyway
They're not real!

I starred and flagged the thread, because alot of effort went into creating it, and that alone should be applauded, if we are to encourage decent contect on this site. Problem with that? I honestly do not care

Thanks jrmcloud, for trying to give us a heads up for potentially incoming cold snaps. I appreciate it, and many others do, even if some people don't.

edit on 10/1/2012 by Acidtastic because: spwellingshhwg

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I hope you are right because I am beyond ready to get out ice-fishing... it's a month late!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Try re reading the OP and focusing on the message in the thread...i don't really know how to put this any easier...

"This thread is to illustrate to the people of the US and Europe that this milder weather we are experiencing and are currently in the grips of, the signals are pointing that it is coming to an end. Your TV will not say this, not yet at least. I posted this thread to show others who are concerned about the lack of wintry weather, and those whose livelihoods actually depend on cold weather. Spring is in the air, plants are blooming, dogs losing fur etc...this is only to highlight that winter is on the return. Had the signals not started to show, there is every possibility that we could have been stuck in this mild weather for the next 40 days, where there is every possibility that winter would have been a no show at all"

What is it with some people on ATS? If you don't like the thread or don't think it merits the flags, email the mods and have the flags removed or the thread closed...it makes no odds to me!

dont worry not everyone on this site is a complete moron, i understood that you were explaining that the current 'warm' weather we are experiencing wont last and will go within the next few days.

Its not like you put things such as we are going to have 10 foot of snow here in england by the weekend. its just some useful information, pretty much the opposite to a lot of weather topics that usually state 'the coming weather will be the worst ever'!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Lol, nice job man, it's good to see that winter is finally coming. I'm a Canadian and this thread has made me happy, hopefully you're right and we get the cold and the snow, I absolutely LOVE IT!

BTW -24 is nothing to us Canadians
at least to me it isn't

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakemessiah

Lol, nice job man, it's good to see that winter is finally coming. I'm a Canadian and this thread has made me happy, hopefully you're right and we get the cold and the snow, I absolutely LOVE IT!

BTW -24 is nothing to us Canadians
at least to me it isn't

No your right, -24oC is relatively warm in your neck of the woods but when it comes off of the back end of a pretty mild run...it can come as a surprise!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

who the hell cares how many stars and flags a post/thread gets? They're completly bloody uselesss anyway They're not real!

reply to post by Acidtastic

The point is, my shortsighted friend, thatf now, a glorified weather report is apparently the most important thread on ATSf for a couple of days, and is all over the front page,. and the first thing people see.

Thanks jrmcloud, for trying to give us a heads up for potentially incoming cold snaps.

Yes, because otherwise it would´ve totally went by us all, since there are no other venues where this information is shared.

Imagine what could´ve happened if we would ´ve been oblivious to this secret info, one of us could have been cought out there without mittens.

It is freaking winter and you need someone to give you a heads up on potential incoming cold snaps? I think you´´l notice, and anybody that depends on the weather will surely check a weather report in any newspaper or on every tv channel or other venue.

Also the titel of the thread.....Be Aware.......ooh, like it´s the Day after Tomorrow.

I said it before, and I´ll say it again, post some nice flashy pics in your OP and you´re like a freaking Pied Piper.

Oh, and about the inevitable jealousy remark, whatever, if I cared about popularity I wouldn´t be still talking here, now would I?

And I would be trolling every thread with 100 plus flags, but you don´t see me doing that, do you?

With your predictable standard accusation.

edit on 10-1-2012 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I can't believe some people are actually jealous that this thread has so many stars and flags

And don't deny it, you ARE jealous of fake stars - FAIL

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

In honor of you, I just star and Flagged the OP. That 133 is me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Hey, thanks for the heads up OP. But to be honest, I hope your wrong, I'm enjoying the very mild winter we're having, seems nice not having to shovel or get the snowblower out everyday. Looking forward to the weekend forcast.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I hope you are dead wrong, i have to live in the freezer up here am have been the happiest person without a real winter. If this changes, i blame you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomPlague

I was thinking the movie "The day after Tomorrow" That cold was just a liiiiiittle to nippy for me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

"This thread is to illustrate to the people of the US and Europe that this milder weather we are experiencing and are currently in the grips of, the signals are pointing that it is coming to an end. Your TV will not say this, not yet at least. I posted this thread to show others who are concerned about the lack of wintry weather, and those whose livelihoods actually depend on cold weather. Spring is in the air, plants are blooming, dogs losing fur etc...this is only to highlight that winter is on the return. Had the signals not started to show, there is every possibility that we could have been stuck in this mild weather for the next 40 days, where there is every possibility that winter would have been a no show at all" What is it with some people on ATS? If you don't like the thread or don't think it merits the flags, email the mods and have the flags removed or the thread closed...it makes no odds to me!

If I had a problem with you or your thread itself, I would´ve responded directly to you. I really don´t think you are about S and F at all.

I´ve heard a few days ago on the mainstream news that temperatures would go down to more winter like.temperatures.

I don´t understand why this needs to be on the front page, cause it is just that, a weather forecast, regardless of how warm the previous months were, and not really a surprise anyway, at least I expected the cold to come.

I´m sorry if you think I´m trolling or something, I only meant to reply once with my opnion, but as usual I had to get really combattative.

My bad I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Just goes to show that people flag for less than intellectual reasons, and not because of the quality or importance of the content.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Mod note:

The topic of this thread is weather, not stars or flags.

Any further comments on S&F's will be removed as off topic.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

edit on 10/1/12 by masqua because: Per agreement

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

So with this cold weather coming in, as the OP is saying I guess there will be many stars visible and flags will be waving in the winterwind.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join