It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
A star and flag, OP.

I also believe we are in for a shock. I intend to stock up on groceries and supplies tomorrow.

Isn't this something a person normally does for normal winter time anyhow? Maybe it is just because of where I live, but I always have a fully stocked pantry. It could be 60 degrees one day and then get a blizzard the next, it's always important to be prepared in the winter time.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks wanted to post S@F to find this in the days and weeks ahead.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
you are dumb - it is like this every year.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You could do no worse than the regular weather man, seeing he is wrong 90% of the time and still somehow keeps his job.
I remember back in, I think it was 1982, it stayed in 50s all winter. I was in Florida, but when I came back to Michigan, all the work was done, they had worked all winter, construction.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I guess this means the end of the "it's too warm the end of the world is here" threads and the beginning of the "It's too cold it's the end of the world" threads

That time of year

edit on 9-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, I have plenty of wood split, about 10 cords or more, and the 20k generator is all ready to go if we lose power, and I have plenty of food stored up as well, canned goods and dry goods. And I'm on my own well which the generator can run, so I think I am ready for the worst. Very nice presentation! It looks like the same data that the meteorologists use? Oh yeah, the four wheel drive vehicles are all ready to go as well. I hope all of you are prepared as well?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well done! S&F 4U ... Living here in southern Virginia has been quite an adjustment since I am from Pennsylvania. We have had only a handful of cold winters and deep snows here along the Blue Ridge Mountains since I moved here in 1990. I have been telling everyone that February is the only "winter weather month" we have.

I have this theroy that the weather anolmies we have been experiencing is nothing more than a general weather pattern shift towards the east coast of the US. (in speaking about our weather patterns but this must also mean that international weather shifts have occured and or are occuring at this time. I find that we are really getting the weather patterns that would normally track west of us here in Virginia. This mainly due to the shift of the jet stream too.

They will still have severe storms in the Midwest because of the physical geography and the introduction of warm gulf air but how and where those storms track is another question.....

what do you think? I am just an amatuer achey leg weatherman
edit on 9-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling/context

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What are the chances for heavy snow in Iowa?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by naraku
What are the chances for heavy snow in Iowa?

Yeah that's where I am at, hopefully none at all. Heck the winter just started and I am taking advantage of this nice weather. Remember we had a few summer days last week ? More of that and less snow plz

I also noticed a lot of chem trails in November and December (weather seeding) if that's what it is, it's working.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
OP,
I have not read the whole thread so if anyone has mentioned the "farmers almanac" I apologize.
The "farmers almanac' prediction for the Pacific Northwest portion of the U.S. is for snow between the 4th and 6th of Februrary...
I don't know how your prognostication differs from the folks who publish those predictions every year. Frankly I liked your explanation better OP.

Thanks..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's as if the seasons are coming a month or two late. Just what I have noticed in Australia.What could cause that?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

haha minus twenty six? BRING IT ON!!! where im from our average for the winter is usually thirty five below Celsius(with the wind chill) so this is just another day in saskatchewan cold. Jokes aside i have been enjoying the mild winter and would be glad to see it stay. Either way thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
In Illinois, on Average 1.2 inches of precipitation so far. The only time it was like this was back in 1920. its gonna be 53 degrees in 10 hours in Rockford, IL today.... Last year it was in its 30's. On this day it was averaging 30-40 temperatures for the past 5 years, and at least, on average, 7 inches of snowfall. Weather changes it must be a 7 years cycle i guess, Its not normal
oh yeah fail to mention February is when winter hits its peaks for Illinois. just saying we are waaaay overdo for some snow

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

polar shift from a japanese earthquake??

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

To those jeering the OP for his hard work and info, try looking at the bigger picture he's not saying "Oh look, it's gonna snow in winter".. he's saying that yes the northern hemisphere has had a warmish winter with little to no snow, but the POSSIBILITY of decent snowfalls may be looking better. Duh, try reading properly... sheesh.

Isn´t that virtually the same thing? No it´s even worse.

It MIGHT snow this winter, wow

So what´s the difference between this and a random weather forecast on tv?

What did this thread give you besides the inconclusive information that it might start snowing this winter in spite of the mild weather sofar?

Duh, try to flag the real gems, not the ones with nice bright pics.

Seriously 110 flags for an inconclusive weather report?

What a bunch of lemmings here sometimes.....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

deeply appreciate this thread ~!!!!

Star & Flag for sure.. as of this week, the wife says weatherbug states it will dip below 0*C at night this week and up to 45*F for a high..

interesting to say the least !

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

What a bunch of lemmings here sometimes.....

Then move along. Nobody is forcing you to stay and read through the 6 pages of replies. If it upsets you so much, simply click the button at the top that says 'Recent Posts' and go browse elsewhere.
Less stress for you, less crappy replies for the people who are generally interested in this thread to read through.
Everyone will be happy

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

TextThen move along. Nobody is forcing you to stay and read through the 6 pages of replies. If it upsets you so much, simply click the button at the top that says 'Recent Posts' and go browse elsewhere.

And why would I, I already did read the whole thread.

I replied to a post that was obviously responding to me.

I do reserve the right to post my opinion of this thread, and on the ones that are flagging it for whatever less than intelectual reason.

Less stress for you, less crappy replies for the people who are generally interested in this thread to read through. Everyone will be happy

Yes everyone should be happy that this thread is on the fornt page of ATS, letting us all know that there is a possibility that it might snow this winter afterall.

Because that´s whart ATS is about, random weather reports with obvious conclusions, that are prevalent across the entire media.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
OP, I appreciate your post, but I have been around long enough to say with confidence that I have seen crazy weather patterns in my lifetime. I've seen midwest winters go from freezing to 50 degrees in January. I've seen winters that are like spring, and I have seen deadly winters that seem to never end. I don't think this weather pattern would be anything different in particular.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
The latest from Net-wx (who are a serious, albeit amateur, outfit, btw)

www.netweather.tv...

Yup i'm also a member on there, those guys & girls are never wrong, many ex pros on there to,

This change will bring about a return to the normal winter set up, it will be quite a shock to the system because its been so mild, we can expect winter to go out in a bang after an unseasonable start for all

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join