It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Did you S and F because of the bright colorrfull pics in the OP, or was it the 80 plus other flags?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's going to get cold..

..way to step out on a limb.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A star and flag, OP.

I also believe we are in for a shock. I intend to stock up on groceries and supplies tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Interesting but I'd rather go on the predictability of weather trends, The one thing I will say about weather is that it is cyclical. Since last December right up until late November we had experienced an awful weather pattern. Lots of snow, rain, turbulence and extremes. Since last winter we have been dealing with one event after another. It's no surprise that we have lately been in a mild pattern. We were due. Sure it's too unseasonably warm. Am I going to be surprised when winter comes and slaps us hard? Not at all. I would be surprised however if the general trend changes and goes back to more turbulence. My prediction is that we are in for a nice stretch of mild weather, which will turn dangerously dry come summer. The lack of snowfall coupled with a dry spring and summer could mean some other problems ahead.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Thank you for all your work, excellent article!!! I'll be sure to stock up on suplies and fuel.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmm, considering we here in Australia havnt had much of a summer (well at least in melbourne..), i'd have to concur that something is up with the weather.

To those jeering the OP for his hard work and info, try looking at the bigger picture
he's not saying "Oh look, it's gonna snow in winter".. he's saying that yes the northern hemisphere has had a warmish winter with little to no snow, but the POSSIBILITY of decent snowfalls may be looking better. Duh, try reading properly... sheesh.

Now, what id like is OzWeatherman's input into things... if he's still around.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i live in florida

no need to worry

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
From one weather-tard to another - excellent explanation mate! I've been struggling to put into words what the ensembles have been showing of late when explaining to close friends and family - I think I'll just point them here instead.

Good job.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
lol this thread makes me lol so hard!!!!!!!

all this week its going to be in the 50s in Kansas, all next week 45s and 50s. heck im thinking about moving back to Colorado so i can see some real winter weather. as far as the winter is coming lol hurry up im waiting in the middle of the street swigging a bottle of jd in my b-day suite waiting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm in SETX and our local forecast just said we are going to have a light freeze Friday night even though our highs will be mild. We also just had raging storms today. Some areas got as much as 9" of rain in just a few hours.

We need the rain but a little slower please.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

and another thing forecasting weather is the only job you can get wrong 100% of the time and still be in work. so i tip my hat and hope you are right but i know you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
this what the weather will be here in the northeast usa
Sat 14 Sun 15 Mon 16 Tue 17 Wed 18
32 30 34 30 11
Sunny Partly Cloudy Mostly Sunny Partly Cloudy Showers
33°F 32°F 27°F 36°F 38°F
High High High High High
20°F 13°F 20°F 28°F 34°F
Low Low Low Low Low
Chance of Precip:
0% Chance of Precip:
10% Chance of Precip:
0% Chance of Precip:
20% Chance of Rain:
60%

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Nice job and thanks for the heads up. I'm not looking forward to it. Last winter here in Michigan was brutal. Anyway, very interesting read, I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WHO'S NOT HAVING WINTER?!?! You can have mine, please send a self addressed envelope with postage paid and I will send you Denver, Colorado's....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
I'm in SETX and our local forecast just said we are going to have a light freeze Friday night even though our highs will be mild. We also just had raging storms today. Some areas got as much as 9" of rain in just a few hours.

We need the rain but a little slower please.

in texas also. storms kept me up all night. rain so hard my gutters overflowed. should get down to freezing on friday, i'm still thinking we'll have below normal temps this winter and probably some snow. at least for a day.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
we are only 19 days into winter. its fun to try to predict something but weather is something mankind will never master. When is the last time the weather man told you a tornado will come tomorrow at 5 pm? never!
edit on 9-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If its 65 F in January it'll be snowing in May!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I hope your right we need a good winter to kill off all these friggen bugs.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is the mildest winter I can recall( and 98 with El nino), lived in Toronto for almost 24 years, sometimes we'd get hammered with snow, sometimes nothing but it was always cold. I go outside for a smoke in a light sweater now, I'm worried as to what the summer will bring, we broke the record for summer temp last year at 37.9 C felt like 50 C with humidity, your nostrils would burn when inhaling... sort of like a sauna lol, we should be averaging -1 to -10 C but it's been 0 to +7 C on most days.

Its been nice so far can't really complain.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

All that stuff you posted when the Weather Channel is basically saying the same thing on it's 10 day forecast??

Seriously, the charts and colors are cool, but one click on my toolbar tells me the same thing thing with just the high/low temps for the upcoming 10 days.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join