It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has my phone been hacked? Tech buffs please weigh in.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I used to be an avid poster on a site that I have now come to believe, and voiced my opinion on, as illuminati disinformation.

Since then some very strange things have started to occur. Granted, since I have been tumbling down the rabbit hole , this sort of awakening tends to make you suspicious but here are the facts:

1. It is not unusual for me to check these sorts of sites on my phone. After the “fall out” I started to receive very bizarre and offensive calls from a private number. In one week the number called me about 8 times – I didn’t pick up after about the second time- and always at 11-2am.

2. I have a droid, I understand that these “smart phones” can be buggy but some strange anomalies have occurred . For instance, I have never used the gps “driving ap” as I live in a large city now and have never had to drive due to public transportation. Around the time of the calls, I noticed that the “driving ap” would launch itself. Repeatedly I would close it out only to see it restarting minutes later. Finally , I just turned off my GPS all together . However;

3. Smart phones (to my understanding as I am not a tech person) use up a lot of battery. For this reason, when I first got the phone a friend of mine installed an “Ap Killer” application that allows me to turn off aps that are running that I am not using. Despite the fact that the phone clearly shows that navigation is turned off – the “navigation” ap is ALWAYS running when I go to my ap killer. What else is running?

4. Around this time , my phone alerted me that there was a new “voicemail service” available that would allow me to store messages to my SD card . I always hit “do not install’ because at this point I was paranoid and I rarely check /use voicemail. Usually I just call the person back if I choose to or send them a text. One day , I looked down to note that this “new voicemail ap” was INSTALLING ITSELF!!” This is also an app that is always running that I frequently “kill”.

5. Despite “killing” the aps throughout the day. They still turn themselves on. Once I timed it and it was 40 seconds that the same aps relaunched.

6. Finally, like most people in need of cheap goods, I like to look through Craigslist. At present I am looking for a rug. During this time , I went to CL on my phone and typed in “rug” . I was shocked to see that there were so few selections. Upon further inspection somehow , my CL was set to look for stuff in “Indonesia”. Now, as I know these sites save “cookies” etc, I have often went to the site and it opened up on the last city I was browsing. I have never browed Indonesia/Jakarta and have certainly have no desire to buy a 30 dollar rug from that location of the world. WHY does my CL continually open to Indonesia??

So these are the instances that make me feel as though my phone is bugged. I read that I could go get my phone cleared or something – but if “they” already know who I am - I would rather like to not deal with the bafoons in the Sprint store.

What are your thoughts/insights??

* this is my first post so apologies if this is not in the correct location.
edit on 9-1-2012 by femalepharoe because: spacing

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You're phones not hacked, my android reacts the same way. Don't worry about it, you're being over-paranoid, no offense. No ones "tracking your every move". If you're still alive to post this thread, YOU ARE FINE.

Stop being paranoid lol

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Your phone is probably hacked and being used by the CIA to do some dirty work in the backround when not being used by you.

I cannot provide you any information or links about how it is done.

I can tell you the the US gov has full access to Blackberries and all 4G phones.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Your phone is probably hacked and being used by the CIA to do some dirty work in the backround when not being used by you.

I can tell you the the US gov has full access to Blackberries and all 4G phones.

U.S Government has access to anything it wants. Remember that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Proof, please. How are you just gonna tell this guy straight up that he's being monitored by the CIA, do you know how ridiculous you sound right now? I'm pretty sure this guy hasn't done anything crazy to be monitored by the CIA.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The answer to your question is simple.

While your phone can be specifically targeted for surveillance, I see no evidence in your story for that.

However, what you should do well to realize, is that all phones are in essence surveillance devices, and smartphones are the worst among them. That is, we are all being surveiled via our phones, which has come to slowly render the discussion of individual surveillance moot.

Signed,

IT expert

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRILL

Proof, please. How are you just gonna tell this guy straight up that he's being monitored by the CIA, do you know how ridiculous you sound right now? I'm pretty sure this guy hasn't done anything crazy to be monitored by the CIA.

*coughs*

This Girl....

No, I told you, I used to be a member of a site that has now been identified as disinfo. Honestly, I believe that has something to do with it.

But again, does anyone know WHY these specific "aps" that are could be used to track people would continue to launch? And the Craigslist "Indonesia" ?

I'm not saying its CIA but this isn't the "oh my touch screen is frozen" kind of complaint...
edit on 9-1-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Some people who frequent sites like this believe they are being watched.. Not saying all the members think and feel that way..Just there are "Those" that suffer from mental illness and it can be difficult for them to distinguish fact from fiction. Remember.. Garbage in Garbage out. :-)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911

The answer to your question is simple.

While your phone can be specifically targeted for surveillance, I see no evidence in your story for that.

However, what you should do well to realize, is that all phones are in essence surveillance devices, and smartphones are the worst among them. That is, we are all being surveiled via our phones, which has come to slowly render the discussion of individual surveillance moot.

Signed,

IT expert

thank you

well, what kind of "evidence' would insinuate "surveillance?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mezrael

Except me.

They cannot have me.

They had me for a few years but I did my time .

Yes they can tap my Ip which is done through Verizon so what.

I have nothing to hide.

I live Free and will Die free.

They cannot have everything they want. If they wanted to take me away.

Come get me.

You know where I live.

Not only do you know me but I know you better than you know me.

Don't tread on me. As of my Freedom, I will defend with my life.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Mezrael

Except me.

They cannot have me.

They had me for a few years but I did my time .

Yes they can tap my Ip which is done through Verizon so what.

I have nothing to hide.

I live Free and will Die free.

They cannot have everything they want. If they wanted to take me away.

Come get me.

You know where I live.

Not only do you know me but I know you better than you know me.

Don't tread on me. As of my Freedom, I will defend with my life.

I hear you brother.

If the phone is not bugged/hacked ; can any of the experts explain why the phone is behaving this way?

This is a conspiracy site so "youre being paranoid" is a little shallow of an answer among "tech experts"

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

*coughs*

This Girl....

No, I told you, I used to be a member of a site that has now been identified as disinfo. Honestly, I believe that has something to do with it.

But again, does anyone know WHY these specific "aps" that are could be used to track people would continue to launch? And the Craigslist "Indonesia" ?

I'm not saying its CIA but this isn't the "oh my touch screen is frozen" kind of complaint...

IT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE LOCATION SERVICES TURNED ON. Geez learn your phone before you BUY IT

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Your fine bro
My phone does the same thing, certain programs will re-open because they are classified as system programs, and so need to run.
The map one will always be there until you uninstall it from the phone (if you can)

I rooted my phone and put a custom OS on mine, it got rid of a bunch of the crap that the service provider puts on it, and its relatively easy depending on the phone you have. I did it because i dont trust the providers OS, its loaded full of crap (like google maps, that used almost all my SD card and a lot of ram and never seemed to go away). Its just programs your provider put on the operating system. Nothing to fret.

You probably aren't being spied on,
Not unless your making threats over the phone or through text. And i mean real threats and stuff. Or are a drug dealer.

Otherwise Android is just a little quirky

Just download an antivirus,
Turn your GPS off
And don't download anything that requires access to parts of your phone you dont want them to (android market tells you before you download what the program needs for permissions.) Like me, i dont download anything that needs to see what my keyboard is doing. Or, what calls im on. Just be mindful is all.
edit on 9/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mezrael

Some people who frequent sites like this believe they are being watched.. Not saying all the members think and feel that way..Just there are "Those" that suffer from mental illness and it can be difficult for them to distinguish fact from fiction. Remember.. Garbage in Garbage out. :-)

OMG we're being watched!!!.....

Watch what you say!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

How do you know he is not up to something.

he obviously is.

If he wasn't he would not be asking.

We are all listened to didn't you know that.

Your case is not picked up unless your falgged for investigation. Usually it is listening only. So many things are monitored.

You know your tv box set.

Well it also monitors you viewing habbits.

Do you think they can access you box.

Think again.

You talk about certian things it will be picked up I can guarentee you that. Talk to people in Pak, Ind, Phil, Korea, Japan China and any other place it will be menitored and if they are interested they will access you top see what your up to.

Sorry but hese are facts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

*coughs*

This Girl....

IT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE LOCATION SERVICES TURNED ON. Geez learn your phone before you BUY IT

you have a problem reading i guess?

Despite my name clearly says "femalepharoe" you ever look that. Despite I said that I manually turned these aps "OFF".

Geez, freshing up on your reading comprehension and pronoun agreement before you get snarky. please.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
apps can be forced down by the telephone company as they like to keep phones running standard versions of software so if you ring up with a problem they dont have to maintain 15 seperate 'known bugs' lists for every possible version of each basic app, given that people are developing custom roms for alot of android phones i'd say that theres probably less chance of something not getting noticed on an android phone than an apple/rim/nokia phone

ofcourse you need to ask yourself am i of interest to my local spooks for them to write some custom software to know that every day you text your significant other half at 11:30 to ask him where to meet for lunch etc while generating a serious ammount of gps data while you wander around the mall looking at crap

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

*coughs*

This Girl....

Despite my name clearly says "femalepharoe" you ever look that. Despite I said that I manually turned these aps "OFF".

Geez, freshing up on your reading comprehension and pronoun agreement before you get snarky. please.

Go into Settings, and see if GPS services and Location Services is turned on. If so, than all your apps that take your location, will restart and turn back on, no matter how many times you "kill them".

EDIT: I'm looking at your name and see "female". Must be why you don't get it...

edit on 9-1-2012 by TRILL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

*coughs*

This Girl....

Go into Settings, and see if GPS services and Location Services is turned on. If so, than all your apps that take your location, will restart and turn back on, no matter how many times you "kill them".

EDIT: I'm looking at your name and see "female". Must be why you don't get it...

must be.

the brutish right brain strikes again.

If you can't understand that I have already Done that, and described this to you at least 3 times now, I really don't know if you can be of anymore use in the conversation...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

*coughs*

This Girl....

must be.

the brutish right brain strikes again.

If you can't understand that I have already Done that, and described this to you at least 3 times now, I really don't know if you can be of anymore use in the conversation...

Well sh**, if you don't believe me, CALL UP AT&T or whoever your phone service be and tell them you think you're being "hacked". They'll "assist" you and then laugh at you for thinking someone's hacking your cell phone.

LATER!

<<   2 >>

join