It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened with the Baltic sea object? Are there any GOOD updates of recent or still unknown???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I remember a few months back this object was shared with public. There was much questionable info on it but nothing CLEAR came of such a potential important discovery. I have read it may be some type of Russian platform type object with other inputs like a rock bed formation (ect!!). SO ATS members I was wondering in a well kept way w/o getting too out of control is there some way to get to the bottom of what this really is? THAT MAKES SENSE AND WONT SOUND LIKE DISINFO / DISTRACT TO MANY.

Object of interest* below

On June 19, 2011, a group of maritime fortune hunters, while engaged in the harrowing pursuit of retrieving sunken treasure from Baltic shipwrecks got a sonar hit of a strange circular object located 285-feet (87-meters) below the surface of the Baltic Sea between Sweden and Finland.

According to the report, the team was searching for shipwrecks full of profitable booty — in this case alcohol, which can be sold for a massive profit at auction — when three of the nine member crew spied the almost unbelievable image on the sonar screen; an image which may well be the first step toward one of the most phenomenal discoveries of the 21st Century.

Peter Lindberg — the leader of the Swedish Ocean Explorer team that discovered the unusual object in the depths of the Baltic — claimed that the as yet unidentified “thing” forms a perfect circle and is almost 197-feet (60-meters) in diameter. In his own words:

In fact, as recently as April 13th, 2011, a Swedish family by the name of Harge snapped photos from their beachfront property in Saltsjöbaden of a huge — and as yet unidentified — submarine-like object that apparently slipped through the Stockholm archipelago. The Harges also claimed that they: “…got the feeling that there was something very large under the surface.”

Below is the photo the family took of what they seen near by above surface.

Whether or not this object proves to be of natural or extraterrestrial origin, according to expedition member, Dennis Åsberg, there is the possibility that the debris was dumped there by another nation such as Russia or Germany.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

Thanks to ANY who can CLARIFY?
edit on 1/9/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I bet finders didn't want to reveal its location, they didn't get money enough or so xD

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I followed the threads, that were created about this and also read all I could find for a month or so afterwards.
But as far as I know, no one ever really did anything about it. I read someone wanted to dive down and take a look, but I never found any updates after that.

I will give you a flag for this however, in hopes of someone comming along with new info.
edit on 9-1-2012 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
I bet finders didn't want to reveal its location, they didn't get money enough or so xD

I can see them considering the financial gain if they took the dive alone. But I think since the object carries some symetric characteristics it may have ALARMED them from trying to study it alone. Good point

Thanks

Originally posted by needlenight
I followed the threads, that were created about this and also read all I could find for a month or so afterwards.
But as far as I know, no one ever really did anything about it. I read someone wanted to dive down and take a look, but I never found any updates after that.

I will give you a flag for this however, in hopes of someone comming along with new info.
edit on 9-1-2012 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

I have been wondering when the data of its close observation would be released (camera / audio something???) but as of now LIKE YOU I find nothing. Hmmm makes you wonder if its a way to read data not shared by considering that its so hush hush now. I hope as you that someone can come into ATS and shed some LIGHT on this object. Thank you also for your input wihtin the thread

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Until they can figure out a way to "Fake" the video footage in reconnaissance mission, it will likely remain where it is. Or it was marked as off limits from the Navy so they can salvage it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Alot of people theorised that it was this Russian experimental ship the Novgorod,

www.cityofart.net...

Makes some kind of sense in the absence of any more news from the discoverers. You can see similarities in the 'bridge' design in the second picture taken from above, with the outlines on the sonar pictures.
edit on 9-1-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Until they can figure out a way to "Fake" the video footage in reconnaissance mission, it will likely remain where it is. Or it was marked as off limits from the Navy so they can salvage it.

Ahh I see you feel the NAVY has already tookin over the situation and are studying as we consider it now. I would love to see the probe or cams all they need is some of the deep water cams for deep observation for it is not even as deep as the GOM was so they can take a look a GOOD LOOK but again this may be a signal that there is more to this and it must be kept hush until fully understood or for good hushed. If its a gov facility like a lab or movable lab I think those exist then it may contain toxins or irritants or potwntial infectious materials so 1 can understand their behavior. Its wild At time you wish to know whats up or even be in the shoes of the FIRST RESPONDERS because of what they get to see and experience. But when you keep in mind the potential dangers its a even out balance off interest and fear.

thanks abeverage

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Alot of people theorised that it was this Russian experimental ship the Novgorod,

www.cityofart.net...

Makes some kind of sense in the absence of any more news from the discoverers. You can see similarities in the 'bridge' design in the second picture taken from above, with the outlines on the sonar pictures.
edit on 9-1-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

That does seem possible also I tried to do a topo scan from the photo provided and the scale seems like 80 to 90 feet across on the photo you provided that object below seems a bit stronger. I trie to scale using the boat size and humans behind it.

thanks for your information aswell smurfy

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Even if it is a Russian platform or any other man-made object. I am always still interested.

What is it? What sank it? What is the story? Any kind of water exploration intrigues me.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Even if it is a Russian platform or any other man-made object. I am always still interested.

What is it? What sank it? What is the story? Any kind of water exploration intrigues me.

It interest me as well
. If man made what was it for? what type of fuel can it operate on if not nuclear and how long has it been there. I know man has designed some interesting things especially the UNKNOWNS so it would be nice to know what it was. Still seems closed or hush hush. When it got there interest me the most mand made or other

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What the hey?

Someone else must be sharing your brain because this very same subject thread was opened by someone else, also today here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That article www.cityofart.net... claims the Novorad and her sister ship were eventually scrapped, so I doubt whatever it is it isn't a circular Russian Ironclad. The wiki article supports this conclusion

edit on 9-1-2012 by Threadfall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

What the hey?

Someone else must be sharing your brain because this very same subject thread was opened by someone else, also today here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes the ATS collective works like that at times
thanks

Originally posted by Threadfall

That article www.cityofart.net... claims the Novorad and her sister ship were eventually scrapped, so I doubt whatever it is it isn't a circular Russian Ironclad. The wiki article supports this conclusion

edit on 9-1-2012 by Threadfall because: (no reason given)

I also didnt think those mentioned craft of sea were it. I really think when things like this get so well hushed its like answers for the Conspiracy theorist to be alert to. thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Anyways... Ive always wanted to visit the baltic sea.. off topic I know, but thats the darkest bluest water I ever seen!

The fact an oddly shaped boat sunk there only adds to the excitement
edit on 10-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's not really been hushed, the discoverer has said on his youtube video that he doesn't intend to dive unless he is funded to do so, or that someone else should do the exploration.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey! How timely!

I saw the article, then did a quick search here to see if it was still being talked about. Seems very, very interesting.
They'll be going back in May when the waters are calm for a closer look!

The article/video below talk about how they found a second, smaller, yet curious object near this one.

The part I liked the best is that these objects seems to have left drag marks on the seabed 400m long!

CNN Now Covering This

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

wow! Elepheagle, thats AMAZING another object of simular kind
I would love a pic of the second 1 I shall try to see if there are any images of it. And the 400FT (move way) adds to the suspence that these may be more then sunkin native aboveground craft/or builds as for the below inhabitants many ignore WHO ARE EARTH NATIVE AS WELL AND INTELLIGENT the below ground natives may have info on it.. Maybe they sunk it
but I wont get all conspiracy theorist on you.. I cant wait to see what they are, and thank you for the update

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As of now I cannot locate a pic of the second object near the first. If anyone can post it it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance if you can

edit on 1/26/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

There is picture including both objects on the Ocean Explorer Facebook page. Second object is not so clearly defined though.

CTH

edit on 26/1/12 by CthulhuRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising

There is picture including both objects on the Ocean Explorer Facebook page. Second object is not so clearly defined though.

CTH

edit on 26/1/12 by CthulhuRising because: (no reason given)

Thank you much for that CthulhuRising

and here is the pic submitted showing the second object of interest on the right thanks to CthulhuRising-

I cannot wait till they go down there. Something tells me though the Space navy or some kind like has been there or will be?
edit on 1/26/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join