It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Yes.

I don't expect you to like it or understand it. I didn't like it when it first came to me during a prayer as my own baby was lying and struggling for life, but when something hits a certain part of your brain, and your heart at the same time, and it feels like an answer to a question you have asked in prayer, then you kind of have to believe it.

From what I now understand, each life serves a purpose of our own choosing, and suffering may be one of those purposes.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
OH cool yet another spooky synchronicity
sports.yahoo.com...,wp15718

The fact that Tebow had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game didn't escape notice on Sunday night. Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.

"John 3:16" +
averaged 31.6 yards per pass+
316 yards passing+
the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6

wait for it,

equals

94 Million Google Hits!

tickles me pink, carry on.

94 million people that would have never read the Bible yesterday, did.

It's the message, not the football.
edit on 033131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Monger

Yes.

I don't expect you to like it or understand it. I didn't like it when it first came to me during a prayer as my own baby was lying and struggling for life, but when something hits a certain part of your brain, and your heart at the same time, and it feels like an answer to a question you have asked in prayer, then you kind of have to believe it.

From what I now understand, each life serves a purpose of our own choosing, and suffering may be one of those purposes.

I have been in your shoes and I sat at the bed of my daughter when the doctors said she would not live, I said well why is she still alive, I have seen many miracles.
edit on 033131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

There is another thread more in-line with the message.

God's use of Tim Tebow

I responded in that thread, and I believe God is using Tim Tebow, just as he uses us all.

Oh wow, now that almost made me giggle considering how useless my life is.

As for the thread, Kids starving, people dying and he takes time out of his day to make sure some football player can win a game?

I can't buy that, just can't. If it's true God has misplaced priorities.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyFrom millionairre athletes to starving babies, there is some purpose to it, and we had some input at some point in the process.

So God asked starving AIDs babies if spending their short, tragic time on this miserable rock as said starving AIDs babies would be cool with them?

People say that crap to absolve themselves of the responsibility we have to those poor souls (or they are the new christian who says they have no responsibility to anyone at all). It makes them feel good. I have found no amount of spiritual crap can make me feel good about the ills of this world. People need to act or they need to get out of the way.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

As for the thread, Kids starving, people dying and he takes time out of his day to make sure some football player can win a game?

I can't buy that, just can't. If it's true God has misplaced priorities.

Some may believe that God actually grants victory or defeat, but I've never said that, nor do I believe it. If anything, I think the power of prayer in a football game, and a staunch belief, and a strong leadership ability is probably its own reward. God doesn't grant the victory, but the steadfast belief in one's own direction through God might ensure a better chance at victory.

To be even more spiritual and abstract, what makes anyone think God has time, or a day? Why couldn't he/she/it do all things simultaneously? Why couldn't all things be already done, and we are just playing them out like running through the slides on a film? Why wouldn't God use a National Pasttime and an event with Millions of Viewers to make a point?

I don't honestly think God grants Tebow a victory or a defeat, but when Tebow prays, Tebow changes, and when he changes, his team changes, and when his team changes, his opponents take notice, etc., etc. Who cares if it is an internal or external stimulus as long as the result is what it is?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
God doesn't care about your football games.

If God chose to communicate through Tim Tebow, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

People say that crap to absolve themselves of the responsibility we have to those poor souls (or they are the new christian who says they have no responsibility to anyone at all). It makes them feel good. I have found no amount of spiritual crap can make me feel good about the ills of this world. People need to act or they need to get out of the way

Sorry, but I neither a Christian, nor am I responsible for anyone outside of my direct influence. If God has a plan for me, it certainly is not 10,000 miles away from where he planted me. My responsibility is to those that I can have a direct impact upon, and I am doing my best in that regard day in and day out.

Stephen Covey in his "7 Habits of Effective People" describes two circles. Circle of Influence, and Circle of Concern. Since my Circle of Influence does not include Africa, then neither should my Circle of Concern. If I am blessed to one day expand my influence to the far corners of the Earth, then I will gladly accept that responsibility and do my best.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
God doesn't care about your football games.

If God chose to communicate through Tim Tebow, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

WOW, I'm staying busy in this thread, but it seems important, so I'll keep going.

God doesn't communicate to me through Tim Tebow. We have other ways of communicating, but what about those other lost souls out there in TV land? Why not Tebow? You can't deny that it has made an impact. A prayer gesture is now called "Tebowing." I don't necessarily like the phenomenon, but who am I to question it. Whatever works is worth doing.

So, if you already have an open line of communication with God, then more power to you, but why doubt and criticize anyone elses observances, ideas, or revelations?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

They should have left in the well in that Simpsons episode. For such a happy go lucky guy when he makes a play it looks like he is a demon.

All fooling around aside this guy sucks he really does. Any team that keeps him around will loose.

Thankfully my quarter back does not have these issue------Aaron Rodgers----ALL TIME BEST.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

To be even more spiritual and abstract, what makes anyone think God has time, or a day? Why couldn't he/she/it do all things simultaneously? Why couldn't all things be already done, and we are just playing them out like running through the slides on a film? Why wouldn't God use a National Pasttime and an event with Millions of Viewers to make a point?

Because it's an utterly stupid way of making a "universal" point. And why be so vague when making the point? No, i think you hold this belief because it makes you think there is order to this world when there is none. Do what you've got to do though.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

All fooling around aside this guy sucks he really does. Any team that keeps him around will loose.

Thankfully my quarter back does not have these issue------Aaron Rodgers----ALL TIME BEST.

So, what will you say if Tebow beats Rodgers this year?

I have to admit, I wasn't a Tim Tebow fan, and I still don't think he is a stellar QB. He just has a way of "winning" about him that inspires a team, but he doesn't have the raw talent of Rodgers. Of course, neither did Rodgers his rookie year.

So, what will you say if Tebow continues these miraculous finishes and puts away Rodgers?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It is a football game. The absolute epitome of opulence and selfish hoarding of wealth. The man plays on a professional franchise worth millions of dollars. Billion dollar stadiums. The games run so companies can expose over a 100 million Americans to endless advertising. It's an absolute joke, and I don't care if I offend anyone... I've never seen another event outside of war that wastes so much energy and resources, positive or otherwise.

If this is how someone "meets God", then I think they may be in for a surprise with who they're actually meeting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I always do what I gotta do.

And it necessarily includes a Spiritual Aspect, otherwise, I could not possibly have any integrity.

That is my stance. If you disagree, it is a little off-topic so we can discuss it in the other thread, but without some form of spirituality, there cannot be any civility or morality. It doesn't have to be an organized religion, but it has to be a belief in something beyond the physical. Without that belief, we are just animals, and we would live by the law of the jungle, and none of man's laws would bind us.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're mixing apples and oranges. I totally agree with you on the waste and economics of professional sports. I'm still mad about the last Baseball Strike and the empty stadiums and outrageous prices. I left a bowling alley Saturday night, with my 4 year old crying, because they wanted $5.50 per person to rent some $10 wornout shoes. I refuse to bow to the pressues of our economic machine, and I'm becoming more and more militant about it day by day it seems.

But, what does that have to do with a person (Tebow) with a devout Faith, using the skills he was blessed with, to reach an audience that otherwise might not be reached? Would you suggest he become a televangelist instead? Would that be more constructive? What about preaching in a little church in Haiti? Would that be more worthwhile? Why not let him do what he does best, and live the life he feels is appropriate, and touch as many hearts and minds as he can along the way?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So, what will you say if Tebow beats Rodgers this year?

I have to admit, I wasn't a Tim Tebow fan, and I still don't think he is a stellar QB. He just has a way of "winning" about him that inspires a team, but he doesn't have the raw talent of Rodgers. Of course, neither did Rodgers his rookie year.

So, what will you say if Tebow continues these miraculous finishes and puts away Rodgers?

If the Broncos can beat Packers. It would be very hard for me to say anything with all the Unicorns and butterflies flying out of you know what.

They are that much better this year then anyone really. Maybe the Patriots or the Giants if they play there hearts out but the Broncos.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I wouldn't bet on it either!

Honestly, I really wouldn't. Denver was 8 and 8 going into the Pitt game, and the didn't even belong there, but they pulled one out. I highly doubt they will win any more this year, but who knows?

If I were betting on the Superbowl right now, I would also take Greenbay!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

Doubtful. Not any more than the next person.

On a side not, let me make a personal observation:

There hasn't been this much excitement over a white bronco since the OJ Simpson trial.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Nah, God always preferred Troy Aikman. He thinks Tim is obnoxious. Honest.

No but really, Tim Tebow is just a person. No one special that any God is doing favors for. God may be answering prayers, but I doubt this is one being answered.

If there is a God, I find it hard to believe that they care about the outcome of an ultimately irrelevant sporting event.

If any God DOES care about such things, then no wonder so many people lack faith.

I really don't think God is getting involved in sports....Call me crazy, but I think any God would be more concerned about other things.....

You don't think a God would be too busy dealing with thinks like war, hunger, murder and rape?

I honestly hope God would not be distracting themselves with such meaningless crap as sports, considering the state of the world...
edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777s

For me, definitely not a coincidence jesus saves!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join