It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening in a dream with new eyes *HELP*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What my title is eluding to is waking up in the spiritual sense while still having to deal with the world around you that is fast asleep.

Sense my early teens I’ve been on a journey, a journey of knowledge. What started this was a book I bought titled “New Age Hypnosis”. Through reading that book I had an OBE. No I can’t prove it too you even though I can describe the events clearly. Ever since that moment I HAD to know more.

So as the years past I read a library, of sorts, of books on the corresponding subjects. i.e.: Astral travel, NDE, paranormal, eastern religions and new age teachings. I learned a lot and I also was left with a lot of questions. I was definitely traveling down the rabbit hole, until recently. A friend let me borrow a book she had just finished reading and she told me that it would change my life. Now, I’ve been told that MANY times before, so when I’m told that I take it with a grain of salt. Boy was I she right.

The book is Eckhart Tolles’ “A New Earth”. If you are searching for the ‘truth’ of this life/world, this book is the one to read to help you find it. **Spoiler alert** the truth is essentially getting rid of your ego, and this book is almost a step by step with how to do that. I can’t say that my ego is gone but it is definitely on its way out. 

The help I need is that after seeing the world for what it is, just one ego trying to overcome all the other egos. It has become difficult to manage everyday life with seeing the world through my new eyes. It isn’t all bad because it has helped me with my relationships, with patience with my kid and to deal with people in a new/better way. As well as to make me a better me.

The problem lies in that now the societal world around me has become bland and almost pointless. I feel myself with withdrawing, just wanting silence and calm. It’s almost as if when I’m still is the most exciting thing I can do. Watching the ego run world has becoming sickening and distasteful. I still have fun and love to live life but now I find joy in the little things. Last night I was eating a pop sickle after dinner and I found myself just enjoying every bite as if it was the best thing in the world.

So my question to the rest of my ATS family is that for those of you who are on the same journey as myself, how do you cope with this dream/nightmare of the 'real' world once you see it for what it REALLY is?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think Bill Hicks said it best.

"It's just a ride."

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
ive been in the struggle you describe for about 20 years. i find the main focus has to be of service to others. every contact has a reason/purpose behind it even if i dont understand what is happening. people are attracted to your energy pattern and they come to you to be healed. it is all subconscious so dont try to figure any of it out. if you focus on yourself then you fall into the ego trap. you fall into im bored to im special and any of the spectrum in between. be ego free and serve/do the best you can and the rest explains itself when the moment arrives.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zyrktec
ive been in the struggle you describe for about 20 years. i find the main focus has to be of service to others. every contact has a reason/purpose behind it even if i dont understand what is happening. people are attracted to your energy pattern and they come to you to be healed. it is all subconscious so dont try to figure any of it out. if you focus on yourself then you fall into the ego trap. you fall into im bored to im special and any of the spectrum in between. be ego free and serve/do the best you can and the rest explains itself when the moment arrives.

I agree. I've always felt a strong pull to service to others, even before I started reading up in all of this.
And also it is a paradoxical stament to strive for enlightenment because you then put substence to somthing that has no substance therefore making your efforts null and void.

Oh what a wild ride it is.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Hello,

Discovering yourself is a great thing. You are on the right path if you feel joy in what you're doing. What you said about enjoying the popsicle is right, everything can be enjoyed to the greatest extent because everything is a part of infinity; which in itself is infinite.

If you feel sickened by seeing the state of the world then realize that is coming from ego too.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I know what you mean.

Simple is incredibly appealing to me.

Stillness, nature, and family are all that I care about these days.

And, I am totally enjoying basic things that I have, in the past, taken for granted. I have been learning to make bread and... man... I'd take plain old homemade bread over an expensive dinner at a restaurant any day of the week.

edit on 1/9/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsWoo

If you feel sickened by seeing the state of the world then realize that is coming from ego too.

exactly.
I know my ego isnt gone but like I said, Im doing what I can to diminish it. Its difficult because I can actually sense my ego fighting back at me and doing everything it can to hang on. I've been grumpy for the past few weeks as thats when I've really started putting my ego into check. It feels like Im trying to exercise a demon from my body.

Ekhart Tolles' book has been exactly what I was looking for. I would love for everyone in the world to read it.
Maybe I should send a copy to all of TPTB. Maybe they will get there heads out of their arses.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes, and 'denying' the ego is the ego's own trick, to play dead. Yet only the ego would deny anything. Your higher being is love, your ego is fear. The two determining aspects of the human experience. Accept and love yourself, and you realize that fear is another aspect of love; all that is. In this way the ego does not die, or need to be suppressed, its place is simply redefined.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Our ego is a part of us, whether Eckhart Tolle likes it or not. To rid your life of it is to return to the life of a creature. Take control of your ego, shape it and sculpt it how you see fit. You are the artist of your life, you might as well leave a masterpiece behind when you leave this world.

There is no meaninglessness if you add meaning to your life. Be an artist.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Our ego is a part of us, whether Eckhart Tolle likes it or not. To rid your life of it is to return to the life of a creature. Take control of your ego, shape it and sculpt it how you see fit. You are the artist of your life, you might as well leave a masterpiece behind when you leave this world.

There is no meaninglessness if you add meaning to your life. Be an artist.

I partially agree.
I dont think that ridding yourself of your ego is to revert back to the likes of an animal. You can be without thought by going below or above thought. The animal likeness that you speak of is going below thought. Once you observe the one that is talking in your head and you say "no longer will you have control of my life" is when you go 'above' thought.

new topics

top topics

join