It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012? False.We are actually living in the year 2000

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Teehee I think you have a truly overactive imagingation! Just read your 'Why is it so cold' thread too. Kudos to you for looking up all the info you have posted, but you're going to scare yourself silly if you keep believing all of this.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Think all you want, but starting showing us this evidence, or what you are mistakenly calling proof.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Teehee I think you have a truly overactive imagingation
No it is not about the imagination,it's about the truth and the way that someone is speeding the truth ,as some things are written somewhere.But please don't make me say more then it should be said ,some truth must remain with ME.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Still no evidence. No surprise there.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh No! Not "Y2K" and the "2012" (Mayan Calendar) together at the same time!!

But then again isn't the Leap Year mechanism (Feb 29th every 4th year) supposed to remedy it????

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Urbanshadow

No it is not about the imagination,it's about the truth and the way that someone is speeding the truth ,as some things are written somewhere.But please don't make me say more then it should be said ,some truth must remain with ME.

You can speed Truth only by immersing yourself deeply into your dark side, to become Whole.

Some things take time, and in history, as written by... whom? , clock/time has been set back and forth many times. Who established the Year 0 ? Should it be the year 2000, than could mean, that something happened in the year 12, which set the calender back to "0" again. Meaning a delay or reset in schedule of the composure of the Harmonic Tree.
I do seem to remember, that it was the reign of Julius Caesar, who, if I am not mistaken, changed his name to Octavious Augustus. Which is interesting because of the word 'octave' involved. A change of octave in the composition? False notes are sometimes very important to complete a beautiful piece of music.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There is some truth in the ideas presented by OPer.

In this work: Esoteric Hints on Cycles

By G. de Purucker,

he notes...

The Circle of 360°

It is from Babylonia, but originally from India, that we of the West got our manner of dividing the circle into 360° -- each degree consisting of 60', the latter of 60". Does anyone know the reason why the Babylonians chose the number 360? Why didn't they choose some other number? I will tell you: The number 360 arises from, an old Theosophical teaching of the ancient God-Wisdom of mankind, to the effect that the true number of days in a year is 360, the cycle of the seasons. But as the ages passed, and due to the fact that the Earth is an individual with a will of its own, it does things at times, not exactly disobeying the mandates of the system in which it is enmeshed, not disobeying Father-Sun as the Lord and King of his realm, but determined, as are the other planets, to move a little on its own. So that as the ages pass along -- taking the mean of 360 days in a year -- the daily rotation of the Earth (making the day and night) quickens a little bit for a while, and the days become 361, and then 362, in a year, and then 363, 364, and now at the present time our year consists of 365 days and a fraction, 1/4. Then this libration returns to the normal 360 days in a year; and then the Earth slows down its rotational period, so that for ages -- how many ages is a question that does not enter into the picture here -- any one of our Earth-years is less than 360 days: 3 5 9, 358, 357, 356, until it reaches the end of that libratory cycle. Then it begins to swing back; and thus the Earth continues to follow this libration.

Source: Esoteric Hints on Cycles By G. de Purucker

If we consider this, it is yet another factor which points toward overlapping or lagging of day count in yearly turnovers over long periods.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was also confused by the post as well... I had no idea why 2.19 days were being subtracted and where that number even came from reply to post by Xcalibur254

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LajanAytik

Who established the Year 0 ?

There is no year 0. The first year was year 1. The next year 2 and so forth.

Also, Julius Caesar was not Octavius.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiratio

The Earth has never had a 360 day year. The Earth is slowing down and is now at 365 1/4 days a years. It will be millions of years before the Earth slows down to 360 days in a year.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I am intrigued. You seem to possess a enormous and deeply experienced knowledge on the subject. So I ask you... Before the completion of Year 1, were there months, days, hours, minutes, seconds, and a Point 0, that was the start of our 2000/2012 calender? And... Why was it started at that exact moment in time?

And please share some of your research on this. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Come on guys he is clearly trolling, and if not he is beyond help.

Stop feeding him.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

There is no proof that it has had a 360 day year or less (this does not mean that it hasn't).... the notion that it is slowing down is based solely on data that has been collected in recent history.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LajanAytik

It is important to understand that the idea of a day is not related to the idea of a year. Counting years is easy. Each year there are unique days such as the longest day of the year or the shortest day of the year. You could count winters or summers.

The earliest known calendars I believe come from Sumeria. Year 1 for all of the earliest calendars was the year the new king started. There were many year 1 because there were many new calendars.

The Julian calendar also has a year 1. That year was chosen as arbitrarily as any of the other years labeled 1. The Julian calendar was set up with months and days. By the time that calendar was developed it was well known that the year was close to 365 days. Leap years were added to account for the trip around the Sun being a little longer than 365 days.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiratio

There is no proof that it has had a 360 day year or less (this does not mean that it hasn't).... the notion that it is slowing down is based solely on data that has been collected in recent history.

There is evidence from hundreds of millions of years that the number of days is decreasing.

Here is a link to a fascinating fossil deposit in Canada I recommend everyone to visit. It describes the methods that shows that in Devonian times the day was 22 hours long.
miguasha.ca...

Here is another site that even has audio to describe how the Earth is slowing.
www.scienceandthesea.org...

This article talks about other issues such as 620Ma sedimentary processes showing that the Earth is slowing down.
www.scientificamerican.com...

My quick search did not find an article about shells also showing similar effects seen in coral fossils.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
does this apply to the jewish calender?how 'bout the chinese calender.
aren't these lunar calenders? (more accurate than solar calender)
it is 5773 to the jews
it is 4710 to the chinese
look we already passes 2012!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Apparently they are still here.

The year is 2000( 2012).

None of you have ever ask why the year is 2000(2012).

There are reasons for all of this....

Who knows these reasons.And why!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio

There is some truth in the ideas presented by OPer.

In this work: Esoteric Hints on Cycles

By G. de Purucker,

he notes...

The Circle of 360°

It is from Babylonia, but originally from India, that we of the West got our manner of dividing the circle into 360° -- each degree consisting of 60', the latter of 60". Does anyone know the reason why the Babylonians chose the number 360? Why didn't they choose some other number? I will tell you: The number 360 arises from, an old Theosophical teaching of the ancient God-Wisdom of mankind, to the effect that the true number of days in a year is 360, the cycle of the seasons. But as the ages passed, and due to the fact that the Earth is an individual with a will of its own, it does things at times, not exactly disobeying the mandates of the system in which it is enmeshed, not disobeying Father-Sun as the Lord and King of his realm, but determined, as are the other planets, to move a little on its own. So that as the ages pass along -- taking the mean of 360 days in a year -- the daily rotation of the Earth (making the day and night) quickens a little bit for a while, and the days become 361, and then 362, in a year, and then 363, 364, and now at the present time our year consists of 365 days and a fraction, 1/4. Then this libration returns to the normal 360 days in a year; and then the Earth slows down its rotational period, so that for ages -- how many ages is a question that does not enter into the picture here -- any one of our Earth-years is less than 360 days: 3 5 9, 358, 357, 356, until it reaches the end of that libratory cycle. Then it begins to swing back; and thus the Earth continues to follow this libration.

Source: Esoteric Hints on Cycles By G. de Purucker

If we consider this, it is yet another factor which points toward overlapping or lagging of day count in yearly turnovers over long periods.

Brilliant bit of deduction there good sir.....umm care to explain why summer and winter still coincide at the same time???If what your saying is true and the calender is off the season would be off. Granted they are erratic but its still warm in the summer months and cold in the winter ones. Sorry but observational logic and science will always trump delusions of grandeur. Fail.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I will have to wait 12 more yrs to get to where we are now ?..

pftttt NO WAY

edit on 2/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

None of you have ever ask why the year is 2000(2012).

That is a falsehood.

Many people including me have asked for your reasoning and you have refused.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join