It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012? False.We are actually living in the year 2000

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The Earth pays no attention to human numbers.

The Jews of the Old Testament Bible would tell you that we're actually living in 5772 (that's the Jewish date for this year.) We know that to be accurate because they time their feasts based on the position of the sun -- so it doesn't matter if the year had 200 days or 2,000 days -- Passover and other celebrations are tied to a lunar and solar calendar. The Jews begin their calendar with the birth of Adam.

To Buddhists, this is 2556. To the Berbers, this is 2962.

To the Chinese, this is 4648.

To the Christians of the Byzantine Empire, this date would be 7520. In Korea, it's 4345.

It really doesn't matter what date any culture assigns this year or next year because there's hundreds of different calendars and there's no evidence that the planet paid any more attention to Pope Gregory's declaration than it did to the Jews setting a date for the beginning of the world.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Indellkoffer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Thundersmurf

This thread is ridiculous
It's a thread for everybody.......

You completely avoided the main part of my comment. Probably on purpose because you don't have an answer that works.

I'll try again.... If we have been losing time, like you say, why haven't the seasons being changing? I can't recall having winter weather in summer and vice versa. How do you explain this in line with your theory?
edit on 10-1-2012 by Thundersmurf because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i cant believe this thread is still going....

The OP is either a troll or in need of help....

How is this even a debatable topic? The OP offers no evidence to support this theory and makes no sense in general its like talking to a mental patient. Why are you guys encouraging this activity.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I can't recall having winter weather in summer and vice versa.
Maybe that just started to happen,and you see everything as a physical problem, when in fact it is indistinguishable.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

like talking to a mental patient
Thank you for help me finding that,what would I do without you good people.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Maybe not relative to what the OP is saying and your post but it's summer here and it's freezing. Aus.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

like talking to a mental patient
Thank you for help me finding that,what would I do without you good people.

apart from confusing people and trolling for points i dont see the point of this thread

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

i dont see the point of this thread
I don't know.....maybe to give the truth.......

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Oh for goodness sakes, has this thread really gone on for 12 pages??

I want your proof OP, now. I've read through ALL posts through ALL 12 ridiculous pages and all I've seen you do is run in circles.
You haven't posted any proof of your claims, then you claim you did previously without linking to said posts.

If you want people to believe your ridiculous claim, PROVE it. Enough of this playing around crud.
Either prove it, or I'm calling in the MODS to either close this thread due to lack of proof, or to move it into the HOAX bin.
Get to the proof, OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

i dont see the point of this thread
I don't know.....maybe to give the truth.......

the truth is relative to the person.

You might think the sky is pink and that the oceans are white. i dont know what truth is to you but if you mean whats real then your deluded.

Your logic along with your arguments have no basis in reality so no what you are doing is wasting bandwidth.

Unless you can prove your points with fact the mods should close this thread and closely monitor your activity on here. I still dont know if this is all a stunt or if you are a genuine user but i have noticed a trend in your threads.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
Oh for goodness sakes, has this thread really gone on for 12 pages??

yeah

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

I'm calling in the MODS to either close this thread
So much passion born in the race to find the truth,so much appeal,I am feeling better and better this the proof that I am speaking the truth,but of course who am I to make such assumptions.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You might think the sky is pink and that the oceans are white
You may never know......

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm calling in the MODS to either close this thread
So much passion born in the race to find the truth,so much appeal,I am feeling better and better this the proof that I am speaking the truth,but of course who am I to make such assumptions.

I don't even know how to properly reply to this statement as you have made no sense whatsoever. Either "dumb it down" so I, and others, can actually comprehend what you're writing, or speak properly. Please.

ETA: Also, nice going nit-picking my post and only replying to that part and not where I demanded proof from you.
I've noticed you nit-pick a lot of posts to fit your fancy instead of actually replying to what matters.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I don't even know how to properly reply
In accordance to ones statement.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by diamondsmith

I think you missed the part where they said that we use leap years to correct for the time that is lost in a normal year.

Absolutely, however we have "lost" years during the Middle Ages and also during the switch from Julian to Gregorian calendars. As such, we are still down by a few years on what we actually think of now as 2012. I guess what this means in practice is that end of the worlders have a good few years spouting 2012 yet!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Here, I'll finish what I said for you since you seemed to completely miss the rest of my post.

to this statement as you have made no sense whatsoever. Either "dumb it down" so I, and others, can actually comprehend what you're writing, or speak properly. Please.

ETA: Also, nice going nit-picking my post and only replying to that part and not where I demanded proof from you.
I've noticed you nit-pick a lot of posts to fit your fancy instead of actually replying to what matters.

ETA: It seems to me you don't know how to properly reply to someone's post 'in accordance to ones statement'. So, as I say to everyone else, take your own advice and actually reply to someone's post 'in accordance to ones statement' before you tell me to do the same.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Given your moments of succinct posting and grasp of verbal creativity I have come to the conclusion that you are indeed a troll poster. I really worry for the human race when we have individuals like this embarking in activities such as they do purely for the torment of other people. Do you not understand that what you do unto others you really do unto yourself?

And here i am the fool perpetuating this insanity by replying to this joke of a thread. My advice to my fellow posters is to ignore this thread and all future threads by the OP. This will be my last post on here so dont bother to reply OP i dont want this bumped anymore than it already is.
edit on 10-1-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

but of course who am I to make such assumptions.

Nobody. Absolutely nobody. You make no sense, I suspect, even to yourself. You're argument has no foundation, fact or truth.

This thread is going to close soon and we'll be free of your fringe lunacy.

Peace Out; I'm done

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm done
Not yet.I feel I will be eating alive....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join