It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012? False.We are actually living in the year 2000

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Are you Sheldon by any chance?
Well I really don't know who I am or where I am...to be on your taste.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122

Originally posted by nenothtu

Exactly.

It's all right there, in the hydrofancotic transquolification of the second order polyglottalisms!

No,no,no.
The answer is of course reciprocating the energy phenomenon by changing the spatial thermal energy pattern, thereby reducing the red-shift curve, which of course de-stabilizes the argument so it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Then again, there might have been some Eddies in the space-time continuum

If you substitute "converging" for "reciprocating" there, then it all begins to make more sense, and the hydrophancotic reductionism becomes negligible.

Or maybe the Eddies in the space-time continuum need more cosmoline! that might help!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

This claim is hilarious, what i find even funnier is the fact that you will trust implicitly the words from a book, and, not trust the information your own senses provide.
As somebody said earlier if you thought this through you would see that there is no "Seasonal Drift" from the calender being at odds with the actual position of the sun.
It's not rocket science, the romans had this problem, they would add days to the calender for festivities and holidays, in time they discovered themselves planting seeds at the beginning of winter because the calender was drifting against the seasons, as it's length was not correct.

The calender is now stable and holds it's position against the position of the sun, there is no "seasonal drift", spring starts when it should, summer ends when it should we plant and harvest at the right time and i do not remember seeing any documentaries probing the mysteries as to why farmers are complaining their seeds are freezing in the ground and not growing. LMAO.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Believe me I am not afraid of what I stated,It's your problem if you believe it or not,insulting doesn't contribute.

I'm not afraid of what you stated, either. there simply isn't enough substance if anything there to provoke any fear.

Not enough substance to provoke much of anything, really, unless the thread can be provoked right into the "hoax bin", since there has not been a shred of evidence presented.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

that might help
Thank you for your kind replies,I cannot answer you because you are very educated and intelligent person,thank you again.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

You have a open mind and I am glad you understand my point it's all a theoretical and spiritual assumption,as about your question I cannot give an answer,if we have this answer there will be now end.

It might be the year 2000 again because for some reason whilst reading this thread I kept getting flashbacks of a movie quote from this period and I don't know why.

I keep hearing Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson) from the movie As Good as It Gets say -

'Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

evidence presented.
All the threads in this forum are full of evidence,and maybe this is the only one without any....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

'Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
What is Panama City I've never been there,did you?I don't sell anything,as much as the Mayan prophecy but this is not a prophecy is a fact,and facts always hurt.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The Gregorian calendar was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII, after whom the calendar was named, by a decree signed on 24 February 1582, so it hasn't been the time keeper for 2012 years first of all.

The motivation for the Gregorian reform was that the Julian calendar assumes that the time between vernal equinoxes is 365.25 days, when in fact it is presently almost exactly 11 minutes shorter. The error between these values accumulated at the rate of about three days every four centuries. Lilius' proposal included reducing the number of leap years in four centuries from 100 to 97, by making 3 out of 4 centurial years common instead of leap years.

The vernal equinox on March 21, at the time of Pope Gregory in 1582, began by skipping 10 calendar days, to restore March 21 as the date of the vernal equinox.

Before calendars folks just kept track of passing equinoxes. Now we use the Atomic Clock, synchronized, by using leap seconds, based on earth's location in respect to stars. The idea was first suggested by Lord Kelvin in 1879, became practical in the 1930's, and has undergone continuous technological advances up to and including the decade of the 2000's.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by stereologist

understanding of astronomy.
This has nothing to do with the astronomy.

It has everything to do with astronomy.

Our calendar is based on the fact that the Earth revolves around the Sun at the center of our solar-system. A day is measured over the time it takes the Earth to spin on it's axis during one completion. A year is measured over the time it takes for the Earth to orbit the Sun.

It might not be perfect (leap years), but it has everything to do with astronomy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

evidence presented.
All the threads in this forum are full of evidence,and maybe this is the only one without any....

Nope, I'm not going to do this dance, so let's just do a little two step and be done with it. I'll lead.

You make a bold claim that should be empirically verifiable, then present no supporting evidence, then claim you have already presented supporting evidence, then fail to even link to the posts where you allege you did that.

This has gone on for TEN PAGES now.

That about sums it up, so I think I'm done here. You, sir, have the last step in this little dance, and by "step" I mean "word" You have the last word.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

My favorite quote from that movie is when Simon told Melvin (Jack), "The best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

evidence presented.

In the mythical point of view, and I don’t know if this is true or not I will give you clue to help you around here.

One day, my ant said to me something like this, from supposedly words from the Virgin Marie apparitions
“From to 2000 you will not pass” “but add these grains of sand until last”

Now a hand full of sand grains could be more than 2.000.000 grains or only 12 grains …

Only God knows

Know I’m only sharing something that I heard a long time ago… it doesn’t mean I support it.

One thing I know for sure… We have a lot to pray in this world to help us each other more and spread the
message of Jesus

Peace …

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I'm not going to do this dance
This is not a dance this a thread,and I give all the evidence and yes we are in the year 2000.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

One day, my ant said to me something like this, from supposedly words from the Virgin Marie apparitions “From to 2000 you will not pass” “but add these grains of sand until last” Now a hand full of sand grains could be more than 2.000.000 grains or only 12 grains … Only God knows
You just told the truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RebellionOutlaw
The year 2012 didn't even exist to the Mayans, their year 0 wasn't the birth of Christ, lol.

There is no year 0. 1 CE follows directly after 1 BC.

It goes like this: 1 BC - killer New Year's party - 1 CE (hangover optional).

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Oh God,

This is one of those threads again...Where the OP just says the same thing over and over.

The calculation he provided on page two was just a copy and paste job in any case. Not even his own.

Why do you guys even bother?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

even bother
Because when you feel there is some truth and you cannot believe it you do bother,that's why.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
Oh God,

This is one of those threads again...Where the OP just says the same thing over and over.

The calculation he provided on page two was just a copy and paste job in any case. Not even his own.

Why do you guys even bother?

Boredom.

Plus, I like the dizzy feeling I get from going in these circles. I don't have to pay 20 buck a bottle for circles.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Because when you feel there is some truth and you cannot believe it you do bother,that's why.

You remind me of 'RevelationGeneration'...

This thread reminds me a lot of your thread about your neighbors dog. It went on forever and you kept saying the same thing over and over.

I won't waste my time on this one as well.

Keep well

Oh, PS.

Would you admit that those calculations of yours are a copy and paste job? I bet not.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join