It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army battalion activates at Fort Story

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Don't worry they quit thier training on the US citizens now they are ready to go after the rest of the world!

Tea Party and the propaganda = Training for the Spring Uprisings.
Occupy Wall Street and the hacking "Anonymous" = Training for The new event which will take place now.

I guess the failure of the Color Protest made them do training at home befor going into the field. So will the new events be the countries like China who the Color Protest were targeting? Or will it be Syria and Iran?
edit on 9-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is probably why they had to pull troops out of Iraq, to get them ready for another war. I am thinking Iran. They are saying it is a 'contingency mission' which seems to be code word for another war probably in Iran or ....the USA?? They say these soldiers are civil affairs soldiers that are used as middlemen between soldiers and civilians. Could this be the beginning of Marshall Law?

Yeah, because a Civil Affairs BN is JUST what the US Army will be needing to spearhead an Iranian invasion.

And how about "Martial" Law, not "Marshall" Law.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
Well as soone as I saw civilian affairs I knew it was PHYOPS.

WOW ee wow

That is scary indeed.

PHYOPS isn't scary at all. Sounds like Phys Ed to me.

How about PSYOP, instead? OR better yet, MISO.

Just a bit of research, people, and you all don't sound like clueless individuals.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Nice find

It sounds like they're about to get deployed pretty soon.

I hope it's not Iran or Syria because the West needs to stay out of there.

And for all my American friends, I hope it's not martial law.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Its Army Reserves! The state never had a Army reserve civil affairs unit and if you think we are going to invade Iran you are out of your mind. We could take some of their land around the Straights to keep them from firing missiles at shipping but beyond that, no way. That job would also fall to Marines not Army reserve units.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I do not want to be re-educated...

again.

Sit down , be quiet and face the front...

as for some who more or less guessed whats about to happen, here looking at you kid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I am interested in just where the hell all that Army equipment went that was seen being shipped across the country, to mainly California ship yards last year. Looked like a whole battalion of Abrams, Bradleys, Hummers and Strikers at least. They are all on Youtube and they all looked either restored or new.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

A whole battalion - 50 or 60 tanks - wow....where's the emote for being under whelmed??

The US army, as of 2002, was planning on totally overhauling 135 Abrams per year - see here

It seems the average Abrams in the US army has been reconditioned in the last 2 years so they are actually going to shut the reconditioning plant down for 4 years so wear and tear can have a chance to catch up!!

Plenty of people think there's still enough work to keep the plant going at a low rate of 70 or so tanks per year tho - House approves tank money

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

That equipment is the hidden expense that the US pays for wars that never gets tallied by the military. You see when the wars started Bush took the equipment from the Reserve Units paid for by States. The Pentagon got free equipment for the wars not counted on there war cost because the Federal Governmment did not pay for it the States did. Then the States bought replacment equipment and charged the States citizens for it. The Federal Government never charged you for it the States did. Pentagon gets free equipment not on there books the Federal Government does not have the cost on there books. The war did not cost much as expected. Then your States start to become broke and looking for more taxes and blame it on the unions and benifits paid out to citizens. Its all a big circle.That equipment will be going to Reserve Units until the Pentagon takes it and the States paid for it not the Pentagon or Federal Government. Hide the cost is what it comes down to.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Really?? Where did yuo get that info??

AFAIK funding for hte reserve and guard is through the National Guard Bureau,- - as far as I can see from this document for FY 2012 States are supplying about $180 milling for counter drug programmes, DoD provides base funding of $25 BILLION for everything else.

Reading some other discussion groups - States pay for weekend exercises, Federal pays for the 2-week ones.

Perhaps you are thinking of State Defence Forces, which are not part of the Army system, are solely the responsibility of the state, and of which most states don't actually have them??

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Logically one would presume that with all these wars and rumors of wars that we would end up...in more wars. I'm not surprised. I won't even be surprised when the first attack comes.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

USACAPOC deploys Soldiers pretty much non-stop at a much higher rate than your average Infantry Division, it's a regular revolving door.

Most of their Soldiers also hold multiple MOS's, hence are usually older and more mature and experianced.

Also, the majority of the Command are Reservists, not Active Duty, so they know how the world works from both sides of the coin.

I'd rather talk to a Soldier who runs a business in his real life, than a Grunt who knows nothing about community infrastructure, other than how to destroy said infrastructure.

I'm not saying that they are the greatest, I served years with that Command and they have their share of idiots, just like every Corperation or Organization.

Is that the ones the article is about? Why did they say ""For us to activate is truly a momentous occasion," said LTC Heston."?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I really doubt it is marshal law considering how many guns were sold in the US last year. But war with Iran kinda seems a little more likely.

They are standing on what we want. They will move one way or the other. I wonder if anyone in there government has the mental capacity to see what is about to unfold?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Heres California. They spent 144,099,000.00
www.ebudget.ca.gov...

Not all of that is spent on the wars over seas. It pays for Reserves and National Gaurd.

But you also have States, Counties and Cites all paying money towards training that gets classified under Homeland Security Training that is paid for and those Police Sheriff Deputies, Reserve Units, National Gaurd, Security Contractors all get dragged out by SOCOM the second war machine to go into over 160 countries around the world. So all those local agencies must pay to play and then in return fund the wars. SOCOM is the biggest into the hide the money now. When Bush was in he just kept the war cost hidden. Obama just shifted part of the cost to USAID by giving them rebuilding and SOCOM secret wars. Hiding the money from the Pentagon Books.

www.veteransnewsnow.com...

“A few weeks ago, in a conversation with U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman Colonel Tim Nye, Nick Turse – one of the great investigative reporters on military power and national security – learned something truly shocking. He found out that, on any given day, American commandos are carrying out secret missions in 70 countries. And here is some startling news — by the end of the year, that number is likely to reach 120.”

costsofwar.org...

But, more than half of the international assistance spending related to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan is for military uses, and thus, the nature of many State Department and USAID programs is inherently military or war-related.

And from what this article is pointing at USAID is creating a new office with the Pentagon and all other wars on something to fight wars.
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Hide the money in recostruction and use it for war. Hide the money in training a police sheriff contractor and use it in war. Hide the money in the reserves national gaurd and use it in war. They hide it every where in plain sight.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This is probably why they had to pull troops out of Iraq, to get them ready for another war. I am thinking Iran. They are saying it is a 'contingency mission' which seems to be code word for another war probably in Iran or ....the USA?? They say these soldiers are civil affairs soldiers that are used as middlemen between soldiers and civilians. Could this be the beginning of Marshall Law?

www.wavy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Funny, but when you mention the idea that Obama is withdrawing troops from Iraq just to stage them for another war in Iran and free them of local entanglements for the new fight, I just can't help but say you have a point. Consider this article I recalled seeing from clear back in October. Apparently Obama has had this in mind for awhile before making it an apparently public priority to go kill Iran.

MacDILL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. — The Obama administration plans to bolster the American military presence in the Persian Gulf after it withdraws the remaining troops from Iraq this year, according to officials and diplomats. That repositioning could include new combat forces in Kuwait able to respond to a collapse of security in Iraq or a military confrontation with Iran.
Sou rce Article

There are many reasons I think this fight in inevitable at this point and both sides feel that they have a need for it, but the preparations going back for many years on both sides are the highest in my thinking. The ones we're seeing in the past 6 months or so are just putting the last pieces on the board before the match begins. I think the game was realized by both nations at least a decade ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

Sorry Martial law...as in military controlling civilians..

As you may very well know we do not agree on most things and I would like to make it very clear I am only going to ask this not to be malicious in any way but simply getting your opinion.. why do you think might be the beginning of martial law?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well i really wish they would hurry up with this martial law, because i'm needing some new upgraded fire power and some of them free truckloads of supplies you get when you capture convoys of enemy combatants

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How long to leave troops after the war is over?

How long have we been in Japan/Germany? Korea?

I guess Korea is technically not over...

Probably older examples I am not remembering.

Like retirement for public employees, it never ends, we can not afford it.

This is the hidden expense of starting this $#!%.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

How long to leave troops after the war is over?

Like retirement for public employees, it never ends, we can not afford it.

I couldn't agree more! I say we bring them all home along the very lines Dr. Paul suggests and then mind our own house and business until it's all back in order.

Having a strong military and safe homeland doesn't require we stand in everyone else's, right? We can exist very well and in peace with a very strong military INSIDE our own borders and able to be called up if the unthinkable happened. Ask China, as it sure does seem to work for them. Who in their right mind would attack them? They'd stomp almost any military in the world into bloody mush...but don't have to spend for deployment all over the Planet for that fact to be self evident. lol....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You mean you want to take back the troops from the global corporations who use them to protect their trade and cargo. The pirates might get the oil or steal money from the central banks or hijack cargo ships. Wait they are hijacking cargo ships and the military is on it. Don't worry.

But I guess they will still need them to find all those new sources of resources and cheap labor!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join