It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army battalion activates at Fort Story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Army battalion activates at Fort Story

www.wavy.com

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - The Army activated the 437th Civil Affairs Battalion in a ceremony at Fort Story Saturday afternoon. The battalion is the only one of its kind in the state of Virginia.

"We're now on the books for any needs for a contingency mission or Afghanistan," said LTC Bradley Heston. "The Army knows we're here, and if they need us, they'll ask for us."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is probably why they had to pull troops out of Iraq, to get them ready for another war. I am thinking Iran. They are saying it is a 'contingency mission' which seems to be code word for another war probably in Iran or ....the USA?? They say these soldiers are civil affairs soldiers that are used as middlemen between soldiers and civilians. Could this be the beginning of Marshall Law?

www.wavy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Could this be the beginning of Marshall Law?

After reading the whole article...my first thought was yes...this could and probably is the beginning of Marshall Law!

"This is a momentous occasion..." sounds to me like they are going to be doing something big.

S & F'ed...Interesting times!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
OH great, just what we need another unjustified war. It's time for you Americans to wake up and take back your country, if this war goes forth that will be it, look for 20.00 a gallon gas, $10 loaf of bread, your kids begging in the streets for their next meal, way to go

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I have had this same thought myself. The only reason to pull out of a cash cow like Iraq is to get ready to invade another country who cannot fight back, like Iran. Iran knows it has been in the cross-hairs of the US and Israel for quite a few years now. Maybe that's why they're working like beavers on crack to finish their nuclear weapon. It is the only defense they have that might keep the US from overrunning them.

Well, that, and China and Russia.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When a hot zone cools down, and you want presence but it's time to give combat troops a break, send in the pencil pushers.

Pencil pushers, a.k.a. REMFs (Rear Echelon Mother F).

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think the protesting will get more intense if a war with Iran were to erupt and they need to control dissent. This and the NDAA are setting the groundwork

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Are we talking about 'Martial Law' ?

Martial Law

Or is this a reference to the 'Marshall Plan'?

The Marshall Plan

It took a whole lot of paper-pushers to do the Marshall Plan. A lot of PR work and liason with local officials in Europe.
edit on 9-1-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Sorry Martial law...as in military controlling civilians..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've never heard of a 'civil affairs' battalion, but that does sound scary. I wonder if they were originally created for police work in Iraq or Afghanistan?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think they cut the title of the battalion short.

United States Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command (Airborne)
www.civilaffairsassoc.org...

Just what we need more propaganda units in the military. When is the next wave of color protest or springs going to happen?

Mission
Man, organize, train, equip, and resource Army Reserve Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Forces for worldwide support to combatant commanders and other agencies, as directed.

USACAPOC(A) is comprised of 213organizations in 27states and territories with over 12,000Soldiers and 347civilian employees providing Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations support to the Army and Geographic Combatant Commanders

Initiatives
•Advanced Education Program
–Stability, Security and Development in Complex Operations Course (SSDCO) (NPS)
–Strategic Planning for International Stabilization and Recovery (SPISR) Certification (James Madison University)
•Engagement with Department of Army Staff
–Accessions Branch
–Direct Appointments
–Continuum of Service
–Proponency (Joint and Service)
•Engagement with GCCs
•CA and PSYOP Transformation Plans
•CIM and MAP/HT

Summary
USACAPOC(A) shapes the operational environment by influencing attitudes and behavior, enabling rapid, decisive maneuver, and enhancing the transition to peace.
“Persuasion and Influence in support of Decisive Engagement”

edit on 9-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Heres Global Security talking about the Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command (Airborne).

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Heres a lot of the coins for the different units operating.

www.challengecoinforum.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well as soone as I saw civilian affairs I knew it was PHYOPS.

WOW ee wow

That is scary indeed.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

USACAPOC deploys Soldiers pretty much non-stop at a much higher rate than your average Infantry Division, it's a regular revolving door.

Most of their Soldiers also hold multiple MOS's, hence are usually older and more mature and experianced.

Also, the majority of the Command are Reservists, not Active Duty, so they know how the world works from both sides of the coin.

I'd rather talk to a Soldier who runs a business in his real life, than a Grunt who knows nothing about community infrastructure, other than how to destroy said infrastructure.

I'm not saying that they are the greatest, I served years with that Command and they have their share of idiots, just like every Corperation or Organization.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Marshall Law or Martial Law?

And what is suppose to provoke this act?

Originally posted by jerryznv

Could this be the beginning of Marshall Law?

After reading the whole article...my first thought was yes...this could and probably is the beginning of Marshall Law!

"This is a momentous occasion..." sounds to me like they are going to be doing something big.

S & F'ed...Interesting times!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I do not want to be re-educated...

again.

<<   2  3 >>

join