It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leopard scalps man during deadly attack in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow! This video is crazy. Please be warned that it is graphic. If you don't want to watch the video, there are photo stills included in the article.

Leopard scalps man during deadly attack in India

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

A wild leopard attacked five people on a three-hour rampage in the eastern Indian city of Guwahati, killing one man before being tranquilized by authorities.

Residents told AP the leopard attacked a 50-year-old lawyer as he talked on his cellphone. He was rushed to a hospital where he died Sunday.

Witnesses told the Calcutta Telegraph that unruly crowds cornered and threatened the leopard, which may have provoked it.

Manas Paran, a local newspaper photographer, recounted the attack. After mauling a cook (who had part of his scalp torn off, seen in these pictures), the leopard jumped walls and wandered to other homes in the crowded neighborhood. At one point Paran saw a man chasing the leopard with a metal rod. Despite his warnings, the man continued and then the leopard attacked.

“I was worried that it would turn on me. My heart was thumping and hands were shaking; I was terrified,” Paran told the Telegraph.

Wildlife officials eventually tranquilized the leopard and planned to release it at a wildlife park 120 miles west of the city home to around 1 million.

Why do people insist on provoking wild animals?

I'm happy to hear that they tranquilized the leopard and released it. In the US, they always seem to shoot to kill when dangerous animals are on the loose.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I posted this a few days ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sorry about that. I did a search for the headline, but absolutely nothing came up.
I thought they revamped the search function? Oh well. It was an interesting story and I'm sorry I missed it when you ran your thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
you #### provoking the Leopards.They are a menace who keep spreading to the human habitats.May be you should go to Uttarakhand where leopard attacks on cattle are frequent.

If you love the leopards so much why don't you take them to your nation.The freaking wildlife lovers can sacrifice themselves by being food for the leopards and the cannibal royal family.

edit on 9-1-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Do manners and decorum mean anything to you?

I hold the belief that no living creature deserves to be provoked into violence. I'm sorry you do not feel that way. Especially since you're trying to provoke me by your implied explicative.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Do manners and decorum mean anything to you?

I hold the belief that no living creature deserves to be provoked into violence. I'm sorry you do not feel that way. Especially since you're trying to provoke me by your implied explicative.

No creature blah blah.... How about you come to Uttarakhand and UP in India and see what these felines do...I have seen it and don't get me agitated.If you love them so much sacrifice yourself and be food for them.We indians will give you a darwin award.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I apologise for my statements Afterthought.Most common people are fed up with the menace they are to livestock their pets and children.Most villagers hate the wildlife NGO's as they are a nuisance and give no compensation for livestock decimation but if villagers kill the felines then the govt and NGO's are ever willing to start a ruckus.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

We have dangerous animals here, too. The thing that bothers me is that we have encroached on their territory to the point where they have lost so much of their habitat. It's no wonder they wander into towns and have to attack livestock. After all, they don't know or understand that it's human property that they're going after.

Here, we have bears that wander into neighborhoods and alligators that end up in people's pools. It's the stupid humans who feed these animals though that bugs the crap out of me. Not to mention, most of the bears that are found in neighborhoods are often shot instead of being relocated.

You can feel however you want, but they were here first. It's humans who have to sprawl themselves out everywhere instead of learning to live in harmoney with nature. It's instances such as this that remind humans that we aren't on the top of the food chain.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

humans have been here much longer,there have been human bones millions of years old found .And if you love the leopards you could ask the UK govt to provide sanctuary for them.

top topics

join