It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final GOP poll in New Hampshire puts Paul and Romney in 1. place

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The final GOP poll in the New Hampshire republican race shows Mitt Romney and Ron Paul tied for first with 28% each. You should know that this poll is done by the same organisation that put Paul in first spot in theIowa entrence poll, with a seven point lead to Romney and twelve points to Santorum before you get your hopes to high. Now the establishment attlest got some points to steal.

Romney 28%
Paul 28%
Gingrich 17%
Santorum 12%
Huntsman10%
Perry 3%

cpctcss.org

edit on 9-1-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So the chances are they are right and the Iowa results were a bit of a farce, looks like you lot are going to get Romney as the alternate to obammy, as i cant see them pushing Paul, regardless of how well he does
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: hit return to earl

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is wonderful news. Even if Ron gets second or third it is still great news
I am hoping he gets at least second.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Last night I watched an encore presentation on CNN of the debate in New Hampshire. I noticed that particularly MItt Romney, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry have adopted stances on various issues... that were originally Ron Paul's stances on the issues.

I am thinking that Ron Paul has gotten so popular and is gaining ground with (we the people) and also with many in the MSM....that the other candidates have revamped their views on the issues....and are mimicking Mr. Paul.

Has anyone else noticed this?

edit on 9-1-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yep.

Gingrich been talking about federal reserve on multiple occasions (even thou i believe he lies).
Perry want to demolish two.... err i mean three departments.
Romney asks Paul about constitutional issues.

They all said I dont useually agree with Paul but on this or that issue he's spot on...so you can build on this list if you like.

The media-controllers still fear Ron Paul, but the good thing is more reporters is converted to Pauls cause or atleast getting less BIAS'ed.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Let me just say right now, before this thread takes off......

Paul doesn't need to win New Hampshire. Romney is a very strong favorite there, and he should win the state. Paul just needs a good, legitimate, strong finish like he had in Iowa. Each of these primaries is not a make or break deal for the top tier of Paul, Romney, Newt, and now *sigh* Santorum.

In my opinion, Santorum will quickly fade, just as the other have. Newt won't go away, because he is a party candidate and deeply entrenched. They need him around, so he will stick around. Romney isn't making any mistakes, so he isn't going anywhere, and he is still the favorite for the nomination, even though most of us true conservatives won't support him in the general election, and he pretty much ensures a second Obama term.

So, Paul has a great shot at a 2nd place finish in NH, and even a strong 3rd solidifies his position as a top tier candidate.

Let's not get overly excited, nor overly heart-broken over a single state primary. What we need to see is an emerging pattern of strong finishes, and serious consideration between now and Super Tuesday, and all the way to the Convention in Florida.

Once again, Romney will win NH, no surprise there, the real story is how far will Santorum fall, and what type of dirt will Newt dredge up!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well said. The polls are all over the place. PPP has Romney well out in lead with Huntsman closely trailing Paul as of their latest poll, but various others show Romney dropping with Paul, Huntsman, and Santorum gaining to various degree. While I certainly like the numbers provided here. I agree with a likely Romney win, Huntsman and Paul duking it out for 2nd.

Staying competitive, but I would LOVE to see some of the reported momentum for Paul and deflating of Romney's numbers translate to a surprise win...I just won't hold my breath.

edit on 1/9/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Again good comment, I agree with your analysis and dont see Paul winning in NH.

Still Paul's surge and a strong finish should have possitive influence on voters in other states who might question he's "electability". I still believe this is in the "good news" catagory.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
as of now the media is propping up Huntsman for NH

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

reply to post by Praetorius

Definitely all good news!!

My concern is that people see the polls, and they get all wired up, and then the results come in as previously expected, not necessarily as polled, and then people get disappointed, accusatorial, disenfranchised, etc.

If we start with realistic expectations, and build on those, we have a legitimate shot. If we get all up and down all the time, then we just contribute to Paul's struggles.

In my opinion, polling should be outlawed. It is never accurate, even entrance and exit polling have proven to be vastly skewed. People lie, people ignore, people mislead. The phone polling is even worse, because it centers on a certain class of people that are willing to take the poll. Most voters are not going to sit and listen to a pollster and dedicate their time to assisting them.

My brother got a pollster on the phone the other day, the first question was legitimate, the 2nd question was a little questionable, the 3rd question completely omitted Ron Paul, so he hung up.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

In my opinion, polling should be outlawed.

I will agree, as far as anything along the lines of elections goes - it can otherwise be a useful indicator of public opinion, but with the ease of skewing and the terrible influence it can have on people's decision making, it ranks right up there with our generally-biased media coverage in my humble opinion. ALL outlets in an election cycle should stick to simply reporting facts and actual news as far as I'm concerned, not opinions or supposed preferences that will slant the choices of those looking to "pick a winner".

I would definitely like to see some changes that force people to look at the candidates themselves and talk it out with friends and neighbors to come up with their own best choice, as compared to trying to strategize or go with the flow, and whatever else reported poll numbers lend themselves to.

edit on 1/9/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Mimir

I noticed that particularly MItt Romney, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry have adopted stances on various issues... that were originally Ron Paul's stances on the issues.

It's just a stance. You know they will flip if elected. Paul won't

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Where is the raw data polling? Who is this CPCTCSS polling company that runs off of website donations
???

I really hope people don't take this poll seriously...but if you must...even this poll is showing Ron Paul trending down and Romney trending up when you compare it to their last "poll" in New Hampshire.

But honestly...please don't use this "poll" that doesn't share any raw data as a source to call fraud when Paul doesn't win NH.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Other sources don't agree with your poll.

This one says Romney's the clear front runner with Paul in second place -- 13 percent behind Romney: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

PPP says Romney's in first at 35% and Huntsman and Paul are tied:
www.politico.com...

These are independent organizations and their numbers are fairly close, which suggests that it'll be Romney as the clear winner and a horse race for second. Huntsman's rise will prove interesting for the South Carolina race. Florida (in the most recent rounds) seems to be favoring Romney and Gingrich (yes, Gingrich) though we'll see the numbers change after tomorrow. (RealClearPolitics poll aggregator here)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caledonia
reply to post by Mimir

I am thinking that Ron Paul has gotten so popular and is gaining ground with (we the people) and also with many in the MSM....that the other candidates have revamped their views on the issues....and are mimicking Mr. Paul.

Has anyone else noticed this?

[edit by]edit on 9-1-2012 by caledonia because: correction

i watched him on c span at a town hall for undecided voters au unh.
his ideas are impressive when he gets a chance to speak to voters.

for the other candidates they know that any successful potus scenario has to involve rp supporters.
they will show respect in public and let their pacs do the attack.

my dream scenario would be ron paul winning massachusetts in march.
it's an open primary where anyone can vote in either primaries and your voter status returns to the original when you leave unless you request different.
and the majority of voters are (party) unenrolled voters.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

It would actually be really funny if Romney lost his home state.

Personally I have a hard time understanding how anyone can support him, he's a complete tool and flip flops constantly. He is also receiving the most funding from banks and corporations, which is a clear "DANGER" sign.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You guys are forgetting the Diebold voting machines will be used.

All they gotta do is insert a simple program and presto!! RP get's 5th.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
You guys are forgetting the Diebold voting machines will be used.

All they gotta do is insert a simple program and presto!! RP get's 5th.

However, a fraud that large would show up in the discrepancies in the exit polls. All the news organizations plus a lot of watchdog organizations (including Ron Paul supporters) will take exit polls. Some of the organizations watching the exit polls (or confirming) will be from foreign news sources.

You can "fix" machines. What you can't "fix" is people leaving after they've cast their votes and telling you who they voted for. The people who voted have no reason to lie at that point. Nobody's gonna shoot them if they said they voted for Supreme Vermin.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I would personally like to see demographics and sampling for this specific poll.

I can believe a tie for 28% but only if its backed up with real data.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day, I think Romney will win but I have a lot of reporters on FOX say if he doesn't win by a large margin, 10% or more, it will more or less be a loss. Paul should show strong in second or third but the candidates thats gunning for that second spot, Santorum and Hunstman really don't have the money or staff to go much further unless they have a very strong showing and beat RP for that second spot and I would think they have to win that spot outright in order to continue.
Huntsman is just like Santorum was in Iowa, he has spent the most time there, so I would imagine if he doesn't get a strong second place it would be game over for him.
I know there are a lot of, "I thinks," in that paragraph but, "I think," things are going to get really ugly when they all head to SC.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join