It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien invasion: the biggest laugh…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It makes me laugh when you see alien invasions in movies and television and you see alien fighters shooting at people one by one and zapping cities. If beings from another planet had the technology to travel across the galaxy, universe or from another dimension; they could take the earth in seconds.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Not necessarily. Another race might be advanced to the point where violence is never utilized. Think ET pacifists.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I meant in the sense of hostile aliens,but I take your point about some aliens rising above violence.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Why kill if you can get the monkeys working for you en-masse. Just give each one a mortgage as motivator while you pick the most loyal to build dangerous interstellar devices and machinery funded by taxpayers. Oh, and give them each a TV. That's very important.
edit on 9/1/2012 by objectman because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They might also be very small or so different from us that they won't even know that we are the 'prime species' that they we believe they should talk to. Maybe goats are more like them or insects or cats and they will seek them out instead and completely ignore us because we don't interest them.
It just shows how we believe that we are so important that all other intergalactic species will be like us.

I mean there are far more insects than humans and far more plants. If an alien would not use eyes but some sort of different sense that is unknown to us they might even completely miss us and go for whatever floats their boat to make contact.
Humans are so full of themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I fear we ARE monkeys working for something!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Cant see why "aliens" would wipe us out, as I think life is precious in the universe
Anyway, if they should do it, my guess would be a spreading a powerful virus in our atmosphere

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

The only alien races that would ever invade would be desperate ones, meaning they lack technology to tap into the infinite resources in outer space and must fight over terrestrial low hanging fruit so to speak. For reference see the latest invasion movie Battle of Los Angles. Its actually a really good Marine Corps war movie that just so happens to involve aliens as the enemy. I highly recommend it. The aliens in this movie are accustomed to water like worlds and their tech uses water as fuel. They are not much more advanced as we are but are quite desperate to fight for fuel, similar to how the US fights overseas for oil.

A super advanced race would not even bother with our planet because they could tap into the resources in nebula or even some other exotic sources that we know nothing about. They would not even take notice of our race until we tread onto their territory. Everything that we have on this planet in limited resources is highly available in outer space.

If we spend HALF the money on our space program that we spend warmongering, we would already have colonized Mars and would be tapping into her resources. Just food for thought. We need to quit fighting over the limited resources of this planet and figure out how to get into outer space and tap into the unlimited resources of the universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Cant see why "aliens" would wipe us out, as I think life is precious in the universe
Anyway, if they should do it, my guess would be a spreading a powerful virus in our atmosphere

Lol, unless you are an alien overlord, i don't see why they should think life is precious too.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It is wishful thinking to think an alien species is so advanced that they would be too evolved to attack us or be too advanced to not have an interest in taking us. but what i really mean is the technology;they could take us within minutes and not the one by one zapping as seen in movies.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think hostile aliens would use something like a Gamma ray burst if they were looking only for Lebensraum,

and didn't want any vermin like us underfoot.

Think sterile planet, which they could seed with the flora and fauna of their home planet. Home sweet home!
edit on 9-1-2012 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I think hostile aliens would use something like a Gamma ray burst if they were looking only for Lebensraum,

and didn't want any vermin like us underfoot.

Think sterile planet, which they could seed with the flora and fauna of their home planet. Home sweet home!
edit on 9-1-2012 by butcherguy because: To add.

Yes, that makes sense. to bake us.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Remember what Carl Sagan had to say. "There might not be any technological civilizations because it's a universal law that they destroy themselves." Also, I subscribe to the theory that nature takes care of any sentient species which discovers interstellar travel and has conquest on their mind. They destroy themselves before they get started. My best,

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by airforce47
Interesting thread. Remember what Carl Sagan had to say. "There might not be any technological civilizations because it's a universal law that they destroy themselves." Also, I subscribe to the theory that nature takes care of any sentient species which discovers interstellar travel and has conquest on their mind. They destroy themselves before they get started. My best,

Interesting theory, but so is the idea that an advanced species could bypass [or control] nature and evolution...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If Hollywood is promoting violence towards aliens, the opposite is true. If Hollywood portrays the aliens as something to be avoided, the opposite is true. Unfortunately, Hollywood brainwashing is very strong (and very successful) that a lot of people (even from ATS) buy the Hollywood version of the aliens as someone we have to fight to death.

Simple logic will get you into conclusion that if these aliens are really planning to invade us, they could have done it a long time ago. Why do they have to wait until we develop sophisticated weapons before they finally fight us? Do they want a fair fight? It doesn't make sense. I don't think that they are really planning to invade us. More like they would like to help us evolve more.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

But that would only be the case, if the aliens need the exact same planet as we. Somehow i doubt and i think it's wrong to only look at earth-like planets for extraterrestrial life. It's typical human thinking of "We live this way, so everything has to be exactly that way too"

Besides, even with all their Gamma Rays and whatnot, i always thought, this planet is on the verge of dying with all the 'greenhouse effects' 'global warming', earthquakes, volcanoes and those evil, ugly, disgusting, filthy humans (it's really funny how much humans hate their own kind on this website) - so would Aliens even want to use this planet for anything, except maybe being used as the Waste Dump of the Galaxy?

Oh and alien invasions are shown that way in movies, because otherwise they would be over in 2 minutes. Which wouldn't be the worst case for Hollywood crap like Independence Day and other Bay/Bruckheimer trash, but a lot of those simple-minded monkeys who love big explosions and "kicking those alien asses" would certainly be annoyed.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Darling, have you noticed how the sky has turned a very funny col............

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Firstly, I don't find any reason for an alien species to come across the galaxy, only to "zap" us. What would they want that couldn't be found much closer to them?
I believe, that advanced life, the kind I have a problem finding here on Earth, is rare. Life itself is not. But when an advanced species finds others they would be curious and willing to venture out to learn about it.
We shouted out, without fully realizing it, well over a hundred years ago. Perhaps radio is a general baby step in tech and that it is a short lived, in the scope of the age of the universe or even our own species, this phase, that nearly any species would go through, is a sign of advancement that innocently invites others, like a baby crying.
Why would anyone travel so far to "see" us? Not to destroy, but for the one thing they can get. Knowledge, not something they don't probably already know, but an understanding of themselves. We do it all the time, look at peoples living today as we did long ago. We desire to "help" them, but interference most likely leads to disaster.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Picture the world we might live in if Hitler had won WWII. Having a leader such as he was, and a society that would grow from his leadership. If such a society were to invent interstellar travel, I have no doubt that a search would be instituted for worlds which could support human life. (We are already looking for matches to our world now, there have been a lot of threads here about that, and we don't have the capability of interstellar travel.)

Picture an expedition from a Nazi planet looking for lebensraum.... after an expensive search, they find a planet that is very similar to earth, but full of subhumans. What to do? Why, we will irradiate them and all of their nasty germs, making colonization much more simple.

We may someday get a visit from an alien civilization that would make the Nazis look like humanitarians, who knows? Stephen Hawking already weighed in on this subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ants communicate through touch and pheramones.
An ant-like civilization might not understand concepts like 'individual'.

Were we to encounter such a civilization, even if they were friendly, what if they communicated through the exchange of viruses as a means of biological communication?

A friendly hello from such could be interpreted as an attack to us where they wouldn't understand the loss of a few lives on any side as being of any consequence or importance where symbiosis between the larger 'wholes' of each civilization was their friendly goal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join