It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuke work at bunker is confirmed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The IAEA may have been able to inspect it partially while it was still under construction in 2009, but it's my understanding that Iran hasn't let them back in there since

Maybe when the US, UK and Israel open their doors to the IAEA they will... Just a thought

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
what is that saying one bitten twice shy? it hard to say if its just propaganda or if its the real deal. if it is the real deal and they set a bomb off over there in the oil fields what do you think that is going to do to the gas prices in the states? we will be drop kicked right in the family jewels and be on our knees with something like that. now if we can prevent this we should do what it takes even if it make us look bad, till we can prove what they were going to do.

i am aganst a war like most of yall on here but think about what i stated above^^^. what would happen of they did do something like that? where would the US be in a year after an oil field clearing event like that? would we be able to do any thing with a price of $7 or $8 bucks a gallon for gas? think about it and then think about if we should wait to see if they are building a nuclear bomb.

i know if i was in there place i know that if a war started with the US the leser of the 2 would lose. there is only one way to cripple a but guy, hit them where it hurts. bring there way of life crashing down, distroy any way to get oil, to stop them dead in there tracks. just makes sence to me

just a little something to think about, this might be the war we really need to pay attintion to.
edit on 9-1-2012 by NISMOALTI because: my spell check likes to spell words wrong, stupid spell checker

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Western media has lost all credibility, that is why many of us that pay attention to these things don't trust it.
Scare tactics, constantly. A new boogeyman every few months or years. Amazing how they all have resources and they are not using the dollar/threatening to stop using the dollar.
Meanwhile, none in the MSM questions Israeli nukes. None question the Mossad agents arrested in other countries with explosives. None question the expansion of Israel into the Palestinian countryside, bulldozing villages.
Americans are LOUSY judges of character, and I'm American.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hey, the day we let the Ayatollah tour our nuclear facilities...

Then I will say America has the right to show up in any other country and start digging around.

As far as I am concerned, Iran was doing everything asked of them until the UN started taking it too far.

And as for a country with no advanced electronics...

You better do some serious research, Iran is just as advanced as we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The diplomats said that centrifuges at the Fordo site near Iran's holy city of Qom are churning out uranium enriched to 20 percent.

Not even close to begin even thinking about building just ONE bomb. If you want to know what it takes to build a nuke watch this documentary below. Its a real eye opener. It would take hundreds of thousands of people to be involved in the work towards a nuke. The US had to build multiple cities and move people in just to build ONE bomb.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Hey, the day we let the Ayatollah tour our nuclear facilities...

Then I will say America has the right to show up in any other country and start digging around.

What does that have to do with the IAEA?

As far as I am concerned, Iran was doing everything asked of them until the UN started taking it too far.

How so? Do you have any links to back that statement up?

And as for a country with no advanced electronics...

You better do some serious research, Iran is just as advanced as we are.

Sounds to me like you're the one lacking in serious research, but I'm not even sure what you're talking about in this last statement. Any specifics?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
i am aganst a war like most of yall on here but think about what i stated above^^^. what would happen of they did do something like that? where would the US be in a year after an oil field clearing event like that? would we be able to do any thing with a price of $7 or $8 bucks a gallon for gas? think about it and then think about if we should wait to see if they are building a nuclear bomb.

just a little something to think about, this might be the war we really need to pay attintion to.
edit on 9-1-2012 by NISMOALTI because: my spell check likes to spell words wrong, stupid spell checker

We would open up our own American oil fields?

Or maybe *GASP* use the technology that was available in 1990 and not use oil for cars anymore? Oh wait... that's right...

The media has suckered you in to believing that America wouldn't be able to function without oil...

Newsflash... we only still use it because it's so profitable for the people that already own the companies...

In the 1970's an oil embargo against Brazil forced them to engineer and mass produce ethanol-based cars that ran off of sugarcane...

THAT WAS BRAZIL IN 1970!

I swear some of you are making me lose faith in this community this morning...

I need some coffee

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Does anyone really believe, that Iran really is only interested in using nuclear power in a peaceful way? For what? For what does a country, that by all standards is behind times, without many fancy buildings or electronical devices, need so much energy?

The part about the "fancy electrical devices" wasn't aimed at you.

Sorry for squishing two replies into one post.

And hypocritical actions have a lot to do with foreign relations...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I find it strange, how its now "confirmed".

Sounds like propoganda to me.

vvv

The only thing that is "confirmed" is that they are enriching more than previously thought. There is NO CONFIRMATION of nuclear weapons. MSM and western propaganda.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Or maybe *GASP* use the technology that was available in 1990 and not use oil for cars anymore? Oh wait... that's right...

The media has suckered you in to believing that America wouldn't be able to function without oil...

Newsflash... we only still use it because it's so profitable for the people that already own the companies...

In the 1970's an oil embargo against Brazil forced them to engineer and mass produce ethanol-based cars that ran off of sugarcane...

THAT WAS BRAZIL IN 1970!

I need some coffee

Anyone who thinks that oil is only used for automobile consumption should probably take a back seat in such an argument. Oil used for millions of other applications other than gasoline consumption and just arbitrarily stopping it would be asinine at best.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

THAT WAS BRAZIL IN 1970!

I need some coffee

ok so we drop there oil and opt to go for green tech. thats all great but how long would that take to put in place, 1 year, 5 years or 10 years? if we started on it right now i think we might have something worth while in 5 years. im not talking about the every day driver im talking about farmers and truck drivers, the people who help keep this country rolling. i dont thing the farmers and truck drivers are going to stay in work while we wait for a new tech. to be put in place. hince a drop kick to the economy's face.

as fare as the media having me brain washed in to beleaving we need oil, lol. WE DO NEED OIL and thats the problem. how much oil used in a week in the usa about 143 million barrels. na we dont need oil.

ok lets make every car run off ethanol, we got that and they get worse mpg than reg. gas but its cheaper so inturn it evens it self out. sounds good, now how much farm land would we have to alocate to feed the hungry beast?

as of 2007 one-quarter of all the maize and other grain crops grown in the US now ends up as biofuel

link
that will continue as will the rise in food prices, fare trade off eh.

we use oil in every thing and i dont see us breaking our adiction any time soon.
edit on 9-1-2012 by NISMOALTI because: sorry my spell check is crap... need to find a new one till then bear with me

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

ok so we drop there oil and opt to go for green tech. thats all great but how long would that take to put in place, 1 year, 5 years or 10 years? if we started on it right now i think we might have something worth while in 5 years. im not talking about the every day driver im talking about farmers and truck drivers, the people who help keep this country rolling. i dont thing the farmers and truck drivers are going to stay in work while we wait for a new tech. to be put in place. hince a drop kick to the economy's face.

as fare as the media having me brain washed in to beleaving we need oil, lol. WE DO NEED OIL and thats the problem. how much oil used in a week in the usa about 143 million barrels. na we dont need oil.

ok lets make every car run off ethanol, we got that and they get worse mpg than reg. gas but its cheaper so inturn it evens it self out. sounds good, now how much farm land would we have to alocate to feed the hungry beast?

as of 2007 one-quarter of all the maize and other grain crops grown in the US now ends up as biofuel

link

we use oil in every thing and i dont see us breaking our adiction any time soon.
edit on 9-1-2012 by NISMOALTI because: sorry my spell check is crap... need to find a new one till then bear with me

So what if it takes 5 years to convert over?

Why did we not start the process 10 years ago? or 30?

And no, petrol isn't the only thing oil is used for, but name something made from it, and let's see if we can't find an alternative.

Go ahead... I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

link

So what if it takes 5 years to convert over?

Why did we not start the process 10 years ago? or 30?

And no, petrol isn't the only thing oil is used for, but name something made from it, and let's see if we can't find an alternative.

Go ahead... I'll wait.

Not a chemist, but can you produce paraffins or Alkyenes from other material other than Crude?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I didnt see anywhere in the article that said they had nuclear weapons only that they confirmed that the enrichment has indeed been moved underground and has begun.

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I find it strange, how its now "confirmed".

Sounds like propoganda to me.

vvv

The only thing that is "confirmed" is that they are enriching more than previously thought. There is NO CONFIRMATION of nuclear weapons. MSM and western propaganda.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is this the same bunker i was hearing about on tv, where Iran was boasting about it being impenetrable by attack?

True or not, it sounds like more of a dare for us to try.
Im sure it will be a priority target if things began to go down. Im sure we (the US here) would love to prove them wrong on that

I wouldn't be shocked if they filled the place with international prisoners first.
This "war" is becoming very exhausting and we haven't even begun yet.

Iran should know what kind of threat they actually pose to the US/UK/Isreal.
If it were me, logically, i would keep my country's business to myself. Iran almost dont seem to even care if the world believes they are developing nukes or not
They clearly want a war that they know they couldn't win?
At least they talk trash like they do.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Isn't the 20% enrichment old news? I seem to remember this has been around for at least a couple of years now.
The material enriched to the 20% level being for a research reactor (supplied by the US years ago) to produce medical isotopes for cancer treatment and other medical uses. The same treatment you'd get in the west, but which the west would deny Iranians in their irrational nuclear fear mongering.

That's the problem with the politicians and the corporate media, they want us all living in the hear and now and not asking questions when we are presented with the same old regurgitated scare stories. We need not look back at what we have been told in the past, or what has been done, only at what they are telling us now.

Seriously, we have been listening to this same fear mongering merry-go-round for the last 10 years, about how Iran (axis of evil member and general global bogeymen) are gonna be the death of us all and are gonna have "the bomb" within a year, and how they'll hand it off to trrrrrrists who are gonna use it to kill US and Israeli kittens and puppy dogs! Sorry, not only does all this not pass the smell test (smells like the same old BS to me at least) but it also presents (as ever) not one bit of concrete evidence of any wrongdoing. Just the same old innuendo, distortions and assumptions, with a sprinkling of if's, but's and maybe's thrown in for good measure.

It's laughable! Well, it would be if it were not so bloody serious and likely to lead to mass death.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

20% is the high-end limit for 'safe' uranium, for use in research reactors and such. Anything over this is mainly for weapons.

Even at 20% you could make a nasty bomb that would obliterate a large town.

You either believe Iran stops enrichment at 20% or you don't...
edit on 9-1-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
The double standards on this website sure are funny. "It's from an american source, so it's all lies". "It's from a non-american source, so it can only be true".

Does anyone really believe, that Iran really is only interested in using nuclear power in a peaceful way? For what? For what does a country, that by all standards is behind times, without many fancy buildings or electronical devices, need so much energy?
One must be really naive, to think that Iran isn't interested in building nuclear weapons, even if (and with all those maniacs leading the country, it's a really big IF) they just want them to protect themselves from those evil, evil infidels

Why not? What gives us the right to determine who is able to have a nuclear weapon?

Israel is not some poor nation that is trying to be the good guys. They've been the instigators many of times, and they are a country with hundreds of nuclear weapons.

And let me remind you, Israel will neither CONFIRM OR DENY they have nuclear weapons!

Iran is not a threat to the United States. EVEN IF they created a nuclear weapon, they have no delivery system to direct it at the United States.

I'm done seeing America being Israel's defense force in the Middle East. If they can't handle their own problems with angering different countries, then that's on them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It wouldnt suprise me if Iran has nuclear munitions by now.
However i feel that they only intend to use them in defensive scenarios.
Iran is not a threat.
Iran is probably a healthy country. "the west" is what is f***ing up the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ummmm no you cant. Not at 20%. You can create a dirty bomb that spreads debris around but thats using a conventional weapon. 20% is not fissile. 60% is not even fissile.

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by Britguy

20% is the high-end limit for 'safe' uranium, for use in research reactors and such. Anything over this is mainly for weapons.

Even at 20% you could make a nasty bomb that would obliterate a large town.

You either believe Iran stops enrichment at 20% or you don't...
edit on 9-1-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join