It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuke work at bunker is confirmed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

VIENNA (AP) – Diplomats on Monday confirmed a report that Iran has begun uranium enrichment at an underground bunker and said the news is particularly worrying because the site is being used to make material that can be upgraded more quickly for use in a nuclear weapon than the nation's main enriched stockpile.

I'm not sure if you could say they are indeed building a bomb but it's definitely not research they are doing if they increase production to 20%

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 9-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I find it strange, how its now "confirmed".

Sounds like propoganda to me.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Don't forget...

We had 100%, hands-down, no-nonsense, WE KNOW IT, proof of the WMD's in Iraq...

We see how that went...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

US media have a bad reputation of lying to the public regarding eastern countries building WMD
Im going to wait and hear if NATO and UN confirm any of this.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

vvv

If it aint then they need to be stopped!
If it was prop then it doest marry with the latest # in the north about nuke abils ramp

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yep, just like the propaganda that comes out of Iran saying, "Hey, we're just doing this for peaceful purposes!"

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
YANK PROPAGANDA. The IAEA has access to that underground site.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
USAtoday, ok no bias there at all. Just more banter to justify an attack on a country who is trying to create energy for themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Yes according to US and UK press but not most other countries. In this case it is more than the UK and USA saying this is happening, damn even Iran themselves has admitted to most of it. Its like comparing chalk with cheese.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Yes according to US and UK press but not most other countries. In this case it is more than the UK and USA saying this is happening, damn even Iran themselves has admitted to most of it. Its like comparing chalk with cheese.

Correct! Wake up people!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Whether Uranium is used for fuel or weapons, it still needs to be enriched, so enriching Uranium is no proof that Iran is making nuclear weapons, the very fact that Iran stated they were doing this at this particular bunker if anything would indicate that it is for peaceful means, I would suggest any military work would not be being reported as to its location.

It is not a surprise they are doing it in a bunker either, considering the so called "accidents" and the murder of their scientists. But we have to have the knee jerk reaction from the idiots here calling for war

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As mentioned above it could be propaganda but I think there will be some truth in the matter, let's face it Iran has been in the lime light for some time now so they will want to arm themselves to protect there country if necessary.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Iran's Nukes

Please, if you are going to quote me and then try and argue against my statement, know what the hell you are talking about.

Iran just completed their first functioning nuclear power plant in September 2011. In November 2011, the IAEA conducted inspections showing no weapons but "had found credible evidence that Iran had been conducting experiments aimed at designing a nuclear bomb until 2003..." .

Iran has even gone on record as saying:

Responding to criticism, President Ahmadinejad said, "Why do they think that 20 per cent is such a big deal? Right now in Natanz we have the capability to enrich at over 20 per cent and at over 80 per cent, but because we don't need it, we won't do it." He added "If we wanted to manufacture a bomb, we would announce it."

On the same day as the President's announcement, Ali Akbar Salehi, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, told Reuters that their 20% enrichment production, was going "very well," adding "There is no limit on enrichment. We can enrich up to 100% ... But we never had the intention and we do not have the intention to do so, unless we need (to)." He maintained that the 20% production was for a Tehran medical reactor, and as such would be limited to around 1.5 kg per month.

So, where in any of this, and Iran has been completely open to IAEA inspectors...

Where has ANY evidence of existing weapons, or Iran ever saying they were producing weapons, been given.

Stop spouting fear-mongering propaganda about Iran having any weapons...

Now I'm not saying they don't have any hidden bombs stashed away, but you said that "even Iran has admitted to most of it."

Proof please...

It's posts like yours that degrade from the intelligent conversations I see on here with no proof to back them up.

edit on 9-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The IAEA may have been able to inspect it partially while it was still under construction in 2009, but it's my understanding that Iran hasn't let them back in there since.

Do you have any report showing that the IAEA has been in the Qom Facility since October 2009?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Brasov

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The IAEA may have been able to inspect it partially while it was still under construction in 2009, but it's my understanding that Iran hasn't let them back in there since.

Do you have any report showing that the IAEA has been in the Qom Facility since October 2009?

"Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Council resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran". GOV/2011/65. IAEA. 8 November 2011

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The double standards on this website sure are funny. "It's from an american source, so it's all lies". "It's from a non-american source, so it can only be true".

Does anyone really believe, that Iran really is only interested in using nuclear power in a peaceful way? For what? For what does a country, that by all standards is behind times, without many fancy buildings or electronical devices, need so much energy?
One must be really naive, to think that Iran isn't interested in building nuclear weapons, even if (and with all those maniacs leading the country, it's a really big IF) they just want them to protect themselves from those evil, evil infidels

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hmm, they will show us a little map of the facility, and that will be all the proof they need to justify war, just as they did with WMD in Iraq some years ago. How long is our patience going to last? How far are they ready to test what our limits are and how much bull# are we ready to take?

link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

"Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement and relevant provisions of Security Council resolutions in the Islamic Republic of Iran". GOV/2011/65. IAEA. 8 November 2011

Give me a break. The agreement means nothing. Every report I see coming from the IAEA only shows that Iran allowed them in other facilities other than the one in Qom. Why do you think the IAEA keeps stating that Iran won't cooperate fully with them? It's because they won't honor the agreement!!!

link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Give me a break. The agreement means nothing. Every report I see coming from the IAEA only shows that Iran allowed them in other facilities other than the one in Qom. Why do you think the IAEA keeps stating that Iran won't cooperate fully with them? It's because they won't honor the agreement!!!

link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

VIENNA (AP) – Diplomats on Monday confirmed a report that Iran has begun uranium enrichment at an underground bunker and said the news is particularly worrying because the site is being used to make material that can be upgraded more quickly for use in a nuclear weapon than the nation's main enriched stockpile.

I'm not sure if you could say they are indeed building a bomb but it's definitely not research they are doing if they increase production to 20%

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 9-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Wrong. While only 3-5% enrichment is necessary for energy production, 20% does not mean they are after nuclear arms. It is well known that 90% enriched uranium is what is needed for a nuke. Also, it is known that 20% enriched uranium is needed for isotopes to help cancer patients. This is also something that Iran has stated is one of their goals with nuclear technology. They have even stated that if a country was willing to sell them 20% enriched uranium, they would halt all enrichment activities.

Furthermore, they had 6% enrichment in 2009 according to UN reports, its now 2012 and they are at 20%. Thats 3years to achieve a 14% increase. At that rate, it will take them 15.2 more years to reach weapon grade uranium. So, hardly an immediate threat. Additionally, if ever they get to 50% then we can start to talk about putting steps in motion to ensure non-proliferation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join