It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autralians Deface World Heritage Site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It would seem that some Australians have no respect for heritage. An Illegal plaque has been placed on Hadrians Wall and the National Trust have a headache in the removal of it:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder how the Aussies would feel if the same was done to Ayers Rock.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
World heritage sites are a crock of bull sh*t and part of agenda 21. They also are a pretext for un intervention to protect such sites even over the objections of the host nation. The whole program needs to be scrapped imo.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Sure, tear down everything because you believe in this "Agenda 21" nonsense.

I don't see how they're even related in this case.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Actually as i gather, Ayers rock is going to be closed to the general public and tourists, because tourists did go and mess it up.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Why blame all 27 million of us Aussies for the actions of 2 or 3? And it's not like they graffitied it, the plaque is obviously a sign of respect for someone, I would wager the Aussies involved didn't realise it was illegal to place it there.

Of course, they also could have just been a bunch of idiots......every country has them too.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I didn't say tear it down. Where do you see me saying tear it down? I said do away with the world heritage site program.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Why?

Because of something that may or may not exist?

What does protecting world heritage sites have to do with depopulation?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Are you seriously judging a whole nation on a few people?
You're an idiot if you are. As a poster above stated, Australian heritage sites have also been defaced (Ayers Rock). By the way, it isn't the first time an Aussie has done such a thing. In WW1, Australian soldiers graffitied on the pyramids in Egypt. It's just an Aussie thing!

edit on 9-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Call it any name you would like, but don't try to dismiss people on here with your "nonsense". Google is your friend and you should try looking up "ICLEI".

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I dont begrudge a small rememberence plaque on some rock.. Its kind of fitting too as the wall is a part of the majority of Australians UK heritage too.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability, founded in 1990 as the 'International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives', is an international association of local governments and national and regional local government organizations that have made a commitment to sustainable development

. The association was established when more than 200 local governments from 43 countries convened at its inaugural conference, the World Congress of Local Governments for a Sustainable Future, at the United Nations in New York in September 1990.[citation needed] Today, more than 1200 cities, towns, counties, and their associations in 70 countries comprise ICLEI's growing membership.[citation needed] ICLEI works with these and hundreds of other local governments through international performance-based, results-oriented campaigns and programs. It provides technical consulting, training, and information services to build capacity, share knowledge, and support local government in the implementation of sustainable development at the local level.

ICLEI's basic premise is that locally designed initiatives can provide an effective and cost-efficient way to achieve local, national, and global sustainability objectives.[citation needed]
reply to post by ohioriver

wiki

Yes, and your point about the ICLEI is what exactly? It sounds like a goverment initiative to promote sustainable development.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think its a touching gesture between friends. The rocks will still be there in a few thousand years. The plaque would have fallen off by then.

Only negative side I can see is that leaving it up there might encourage others to do the same and taking it off could damage the wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability, founded in 1990 as the 'International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives', is an international association of local governments and national and regional local government organizations that have made a commitment to sustainable development

. The association was established when more than 200 local governments from 43 countries convened at its inaugural conference, the World Congress of Local Governments for a Sustainable Future, at the United Nations in New York in September 1990.[citation needed] Today, more than 1200 cities, towns, counties, and their associations in 70 countries comprise ICLEI's growing membership.[citation needed] ICLEI works with these and hundreds of other local governments through international performance-based, results-oriented campaigns and programs. It provides technical consulting, training, and information services to build capacity, share knowledge, and support local government in the implementation of sustainable development at the local level.

ICLEI's basic premise is that locally designed initiatives can provide an effective and cost-efficient way to achieve local, national, and global sustainability objectives.[citation needed]

wiki

Yes, and your point about the ICLEI is what exactly? It sounds like a goverment initiative to promote sustainable development.

vvv

UN takeover. “Simple. ICLEI = Agenda 21 = UN = One World Government = Loss of Property Rights. ‘Sustained Development’ is code for UN control”

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Sustainable development is just a code for agenda 21. Look beyond the surface.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Don't be silly, it wasn't like they spray painted random graffiti all over it.

It was a simple metal plaque and it wasn't large either. It seemed to be perhaps some kind of memorial to someone. Yes it wasn't a good idea, but they might not have realised it was a world heritage site....to be honest I didn't until I read about this today.

Saying that, world heritage site or not I wouldn't have stuck a plaque on it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
P.s ayers rock was renamed uluru.. And in my experience most of us (people I've met/spoken too) couldn't care less about a rock/mountain in the middle of the desert.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A UN takeover?

You are kidding right? The UN is the most useless, ineffective governing body on the face of the planet. It has a hard time getting any nation, outside of it's pretty building in the US to actually follow anything it says.

If you think that they have jurisdiction and can take property rights away from people of various nations, you are simply wrong. The UN has taken NO steps to become a world wide, "One World Government", as it doesn't run any country.

What would need to happen is the leaders of a bunch of countries get together and sign laws that abolish borders, not property rights.

Again I cannot stress enough that you are looking in the wrong direction, if you think any form of OWG will come from the UN. It really won't. They are just a distraction.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

In-my-experience-people-i-have-spoken-to-couldnt-care-less-about-some-city-folk-who-have-probably-never-even-been-to-Uluru-or-if-they-have,just-left-t heir-empty-designer-water-bottles-everywhere,or-tripped-over-,broke-a-nail,threatened-a-law-suit,complained-about-the-heat-and-flies-and-generally-rui ned-it-for-everyone.
If-this-is-not-you-please-disregard.

edit on 9-1-2012 by 12voltz because: of-the-missing-space-key

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I shall disregard lol, I'm not city folk, Ive previously lived a chunk of my life living off the side of a mountain in snow, rain, and leeches.
However my original statement stands, it's a rock.

But I get what you are saying
its always funny watching someone from the city with there gators and trail packs!

new topics

top topics

join