It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange coincidence related to Japanese art I created.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hi all, so yesterday I decided I would create a new design. For some reason I pictured waves in my head so I decided to take look in Google images to look at photos of waves and how they form. Anyway I came across a beautiful old Japanese painting that I had seen a good few years ago, so I decided to use it as inspiration and make a more modern graphic version. This is what I created...

Now I was not planning on posting this until today when what I feel to be an amazing coincidence at the very least occurred. I am currently designing and developing my own website and today I looked up how to add a script into my site to display my images in a nice fashion. I watched the first video that come up in the search and well, the guys wallpaper is the exact image I used as inspiration yesterday!

Wallpaper @ (11:33) Yes that is me who left the comment.

So just thought it was interesting, especially considering the whole theme of waves and Japan. If I see anything else to do with waves today I will start becoming suspicious.

*EDIT: I just realised, the last image I uploaded here was about a dream I had where there were clouds and the sea in the sky which I did a drawing off. I have no idea why my word is related to the sea, havent been near a beach in years. Link to thread*
edit on 9-1-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Neat work, it's an imaginative take on much revered Japanese wave art.

The image at 11.32 is synonymous with Hokusai's woodblock print of "The Great Wave off Kanagawa". The image of Mount Fuji in the background is the telling feature.

Wikipedia

I can't account for the coincidence, only to say that the Japanese depict water/ocean/waves in their artwork a particular way, and through your research you've been influenced somewhat.

Great colour scheme too - the more I look at it, the more it livens.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

You will notice a lot of synchronization and 'coincidences' this year.

You are not the only person experiencing this, i can only say that you take great honor and value in these experiences as they are solely and purely aimed at yourself and no one else.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Thanks, its an amazing piece of art and I will have to look for more of this kind of work.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sorry for bumping this page but this wave thing has popped up again this morning! I went to get my UNI grades (1:1
), anyway the first thing I noticed when I walked in was someone left their MAC on with this up on the screen... :O

Sorry for taking it at such a dodgy angle but I felt a bit odd taking a photo of some strangers screen lol.
edit on 11-1-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join