It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Watch/Share-Drunk Driver Crashes Car into a House- But 911/LAPD Refuse To Respond

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like a job for "The Adam Carolla Project" TV show.

He could really shine a light on this 911 problem by putting it on his DIY show.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Came back to this thread - almost thought it was another thread, as the topic has grown so.
I don't believe it was the intention of the person who posted this thread for it to be featuring police-bashing. Just an observation of what appears to be happening with our police system, with additional stories along the lines of Carolla's, added to the mix.

As he relays, the wall/fence outside Carolla's house was struck by a drunk driver - reported with a pic of the vehicle. And no police apparently responded to the calls by he and his neighbour to 911
If untrue, it would start a huge sh##tstorm of negative publicity for the guy, and his family, no?

Not even worthy of a practical joke, or untrue story from old Howie Stern.
edit on 9-1-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I can't believe this, wait yes I can. THat's a pretty messed up story. Even the rich are feeling the effects of this society we live in. Pretty scary.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You know the sad part is that if it was a police officers house or politician they would've been all over that. The driver would've probably got charged with attempted assault of police officer or something too! It is so outrageous that this is what the world is coming to now.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

It is the same thing here in Norway when it comes to for example burglaries or other real crimes that affect civilians. Then they never have any unit to send, even if they are robbing the house as you are calling them.
Meanwhile you can have 10 police officers busting some friends paying poker with 10 euros pot or have a bunch of units checking if you drive a couple of km over limit so they can fine you.

Law enforcement only cares about crimes that is profitable for them and state.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It's a bit weird that no cops showed up to a drunk that had an accident.

I don't know exactly how 911 is used in the US, but here the same is 000, and it is only supposed to be rung if there is an immediate life threatening situation. If there are no critical injuries or deaths, they get pretty stroppy if you ring 000 instead of standard numbers.

Its the same with 911. It is suppose to be for life threatening scenerios but Americans use for pretty much use it for anything. In this case no one was in a life threatening situation so 911 should not have been used and instead the local police number than everyone is to lazy to use should have been. Now in smaller towns 911 will respond to pretty much anything from a cat up a tree to loud music but, as you get into larger towns with real crime 911 tends to want you have a real emergency when you call.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

solution: inform 911 that the car is on fire and you just shot the driver ` to save him ` they will respond

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not justifying the action by any means, but most states highway patrol/state police mainly handle all traffic accidents. Which this situation would still fall under you would think. The rudeness would however be unneeded. Why not just say Please contact the state police for traffic related incidents?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There is a very easy way to handle this situation. Just make sure they hear you saying "You've got a good video of this Bob?". Let them also know that their voice isn't being recorded, but the 911 tapes can always be pulled if necessary.

Make sure that they know that the video will be made available to all concerned parties and their lawyers as well as being posted online.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wouldve been that dispatchers worst nightmare. I would have demanded someone to show up, and gotten really rude if they treated me that way. I would have kept calling, and kept btching at them till somebody came. I would have even gone as far as making threats to get someone to show up. If thats what it takes I will do it. I would have told them the whole block was on fire, and people were getting raped in the streets. It shouldnt take an act of GOD to get people (who job it is to help) to help when help is needed. Yet another shining example of how fuk'd up our country is getting. GOD ITS GOOD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So police have enough time to harass minority groups such as Africans and Latino's, enforce curfews, plant drugs on people in order to meet their arrest quotas, spit on the US constitution and accept bribe money, but they do not have enough time to do their actual job, which is to protect and serve?

<< 1  2   >>

join