It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained phone call origin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Tonight I received a call on my cell and I mentioned to my friend that I was going to take the call, I missed the call at the last minute. The called ID showed me that it was my friend "Tom" that called, so I called him back. He picks up the phone and tell me he's been asleep for hours and that he did not place any phone calls and was sound asleep until I called him. His caller ID does not show any outgoing phone calls, but mine shows his incoming call. Neither one of us has any idea how or why I received a call that apparently was made from his phone, while his phone laid on his nightstand charging, and he slept.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

P.S I hadn't spoked with my friend Tom in months. I just can't imagine how this happened and where this call came from.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cristianxfr

I don't know. What's your number so we can investigate further?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Ive had this....its just your phone playing up. I get texts from people...and it says its from a different person.

For example...my mum texts me, but it shows my brothers name...only when i reset the phone does it show its from my mum.

Nothing paranormal, just technology being stupid

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Science fiction is defeated by science fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Science fiction is defeated by science fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
There are websites out there that you can call people with ( Prank call sites) and it allows you to enter anything you want to show up on the caller ID. It could be one of your friends trying to mess with the both of you.

You just enter the number you want it to call and what you want the caller ID to read. Then it makes the call.

calleridfaker.com...

It's a possibility, anyway.

Other than that, I don't know.
edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i have heard rumours some service providers
send out bogus calls like this.
they just disconnect if you answer.
either way, you called your mate... they made money.
a few 1000's of this across the country .... $$$

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cristianxfr

I have had that exact same experience.

I can tell you that T-Mobile does some strange things with calls and especially with their voice mail coming days later. Usually, however, the damned phone simply does not ring at the attempted call, the person leaves a voice mail, but I don't get notice of that either with the typical tone or a display. Maybe much--days!--later I call voice mail on a whim to discover that I have old messages.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
recently my dad has been hearing more and more on the radio and on some shows he is interested in about some serious hacking done not by hackers but by government officials who can tap into anyone's phone and access their camera their mic and even use their phone without leaving a trace and if these people can do it then your everyday hacker could to. and it does not work through any kind of internet connection but through your phone network its creepy stuff if you believe in it but i simply choose to pass it off as a meh myself but a hacker playing around with what he has learned could be the answer to this weird scenario. obviously it could also be a bit of a mind game by your mate. in any case i do not know much about this privacy hack if you choose you can do a bit of research in on it and i guarantee that you will find some creepy stuff but be careful paranoia starts out in a very similar way.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I had a similar situation, I would get calls from Numbers I knew but they would be other people who had some bad things to say. People would try to call me and would get crazy voice mail messages that I left the county and to top it off they would make calls showing my number and threaten people and telling to call me back. It was one hell of a story they called the police from what showed my number and reported my call stolen, one day im driving down the street get pulled over and almost arrested for stealing a car that was my car!!! took along time to straighten that one out. all this because someone had a grude with my spouse. It's very possible to do this and absolutely non of these calls shoowed in my phone records. Keep your eyes on it so you dont wind up with a bigger problem

top topics

join