It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sentences Iranian-U.S. spy to death

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by casenately

Tell me if I'm wrong, but they just recently announced this man's death sentence, but he was arrested and has been held in custody since August 2009.

It's called DUE PROCESS, the U.S. instead has Guantanamo and torture flights.

You crack me up! How much you really know about Iran is coming in loud and clear!

"List of 101 people secretly executed"

"The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran has published a list of the names of 101 people who it says were executed secretly in Vakil Abad Prison in the last two years, near the northeastern city of Mashhad. The Campaign called on the Majles and judiciary to immediately institute a moratorium on executions and to move swiftly to abolish the death penalty. "Unfortunately, many of these executions happen behind closed doors, without the involvement of lawyers or awareness of the victim's family, and without access to a fair trial," said Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Shirin Ebadi. She added, "The Iranian judiciary and government know that the death penalty is not a suitable solution for fighting crime, particularly drug-related crimes. The basic question is this: why does the Iranian government use this type of punishment with such enthusiasm? The issue is that these executions only create fear and intimidation and serve only a political purpose. All of the statistics show that while the number of executions have increased the number of drug-related crimes have not decreased at all." The campaign's list counter judiciary chief Sadegh Amoli Larijani's statement of December 21: "I categorically deny any secret mass executions.... All executions are announced to my office...if anyone has information about executions anywhere that have been secret and without families' knowledge, let us know and we will investigate it."

www.pbs.org...

Here's a link to the published names of those people if you want them:

www.iranhumanrights.org...

Do you want to know why all of these are done in private? And for drug convictions? Yet drug arrests keep going up? Probably because they're really NOT drug convictions!!

edit on 11-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I am not certain of it, but I guess that if this situation between Iran the USA had not developed he might not be sentenced yet. His death may be a direct result of it. He may have preferred being a prisoner over being made an example of

edit on 11-1-2012 by casenately because: fix

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So what? This isn't enough to accomplish their mission, which is to remove U.S. from Middle Eastern affairs while removing anyone from control over Middle Eastern land that is not Muslim.

But you said their mission was martyrdom and self anihilation.. now you acknowledge they just want the U.S. to stop playing "I own you all" 9,000 miles away from U.S. borders..

Regarding denying power to any "non muslim", I see they have no problem with the christians in Lebanon, what's more, lebanese christians admire Iran's militia Hizbullah for its job in stopping Israel's land-grab and aggression.

But perhaps you were referring to the jews, as they're the only ones busy with invasions and ethnic cleansing in occupied land.

If they were so worried about their country being destroyed, they wouldn't be standing up in everyone's faces with pointed fingers every damn day.

The U.S is not "everyone". Russia, China and large parts of Africa, Asia and South America represent more than 2 billion people.

These 2 billion people understand Iran has all the rights of a sovereign state, including a nuclear programme and trading in the currency of their choice. They understand it's the U.S. who baselessly portrays their civil nuclear programme as "nukes", unilaterally attack their main trade, and even sends terrorists to assassinate its brightest citizens as was the case today.

The world's sympathy goes for the victims of bullies, you side with the bully yourself salivating over free oil and charred iranian flesh.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"List of 101 people secretly executed"

"The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran ... bla bla bla...

The policy advisor of this U.S. based and financed mock NGO is the jew Aaron Rhodes. (see www.iranhumanrights.org...)

Rhodes was educated at Reed College and in the Committee on Social Thought at the University of Chicagoand served in political and governmental positions in Chicago and Illinois (see en.wikipedia.org...).

So you're citing again mindless political propaganda from a governmental U.S outlet.

By the way...what does the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iraq say? List of 1,500,000 people executed by the coalition on TV!!! Iran still has 1,499,899 assassinations to go before catching up with the U.S.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

But you said their mission was martyrdom and self anihilation.. now you acknowledge they just want the U.S. to stop playing "I own you all" 9,000 miles away from U.S. borders.

Their final goal is martyrdom if they can't accomplish the rest. And Iran's goal isn't just to claim what you think is Palestine. To them, all of Israel is Palestine.

Regarding denying power to any "non muslim", I see they have no problem with the christians in Lebanon, what's more, lebanese christians admire Iran's militia Hizbullah for its job in stopping Israel's land-grab and aggression.

Yeah, right! We all know Hezbollah has total control in Lebanon. As for Hezbollah's assassination of Lebanon's former Prime Minister, the Christians are powerless to do anything about it. They'd ditch Hezbollah in a minute if they could.

The U.S is not "everyone". Russia, China and large parts of Africa, Asia and South America represent more than 2 billion people.

These 2 billion people understand Iran has all the rights of a sovereign state, including a nuclear programme and trading in the currency of their choice. They understand it's the U.S. who baselessly portrays their civil nuclear programme as "nukes", unilaterally attack their main trade, and even sends terrorists to assassinate its brightest citizens as was the case today.

These people don't believe Iran should have nuclear capabilities either, but they're not going to say anything while they need Iran to assist them with the cold wars that China and Russian already have going with the U.S., so they allow it.

The world's sympathy goes for the victims of bullies, you side with the bully yourself salivating over free oil and charred iranian flesh.

I'm asking that you educate yourself on what's going on inside Iran right now. As for these "spies" and the recent death of the "nuclear scientist", this could very well could be work done by Iran itself. As far as we know, this scientist was the one that tipped off the IAEA to 20% enrichment in the last week. If you look closely, you'll notice that Iran's been denying that the IAEA was ever scheduled to be out there, saying that a visit hadn't been scheduled yet. Maybe Iran didn't want this particular scientist answering to the IAEA or answered more questions than he was supposed to. Do some research on all of the increased activity around the nuclear sites when the IAEA sent Iran a letter asking to visit back on November 2nd. Iran didn't even respond until December and still wouldn't set up a date for the visit. Iran was still denying that a date had been scheduled as of January 4th.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Fair enough. I'll wait and see if Iran can ever produce the photos and videos that prove he is a spy, since it is claimed that they have them. Those you posted do not demonstrate that. Is there a source I can go to somewhere that would confirm that with photos and video? You are an Iranian, in Iran, so if any one would know of such a place in a free and open society such as Iran has, it would be you. I'll wait on the links for the evidence.

Thank you for replying.

Good answer. Made me think more than I usually do.

I know , what you want to get. You think Iran could take some weapons , get some foreign looking guys and start photo shooting.

But here is my answer. Iran could bring some American cars , too. So what is the point of seeing videos ?

If you think Iran is planning to accuse US and Israel , then how can I prove the opposite.

The only solution would be bringing a list of US marine soldiers , then you will see the list and at last you will say Iran is making a fake list.

yjc
edit on 12/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The other Middle Eastern countries are trying to stop Iran from possessing nuclear capabilities because they think your leaders are lunatics

Were are the proofs ? Because they stand against US they are lunatics ?

No , it is because they are mostly puppets of US in the region.

+ The only enemies of Iran are emirate , Saudi Arabia , Kuwait. And in all those countries dictator puppets set by US are running the country.

But all dictators are soon to fall. Just like Arab spring continues.

The Arab league , let by Saudi Arabia are moving acting hypocritically because , they see people are protesting in Bahrain and Yemen , too . But they refuse to impose sanctions against those countries. They just sanction Syria. They do that because they are not Arab League , They are America League.

And another proof that Saudi Arabian king is a US puppet is this :

This is a letter from Sultan Abdulaziz from Saudi Arabia letting Britain judge the issue in Palestine.

They are the ones who let Zionists settle down in Palestine and they are true American puppets.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Guess what will be the reason for next American attack . Here is the next US president :

" After saying US is moving toward glory (and bringing death in middle east . I like to say to the people of the united states that we will fight any nations who don't let gays marry legally and the nations who don't respect our view of human rights "

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurray.

I know deetermind is after getting Israel is a legal state. So , it wants to use any agenda to get to that hidden agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

I know , what you want to get. You think Iran could take some weapons , get some foreign looking guys and start photo shooting.

You misunderstood me, but it's an understandable reaction given the current environment. I'm not accusing Iran of having set up the pictures, I'm saying that the pictures may have been genuine, but misinterpreted. A picture is worth a thousand words, and it can sometimes take nearly a thousand words to explain what really is going on in one.

But here is my answer. Iran could bring some American cars , too. So what is the point of seeing videos ?

Precisely. There is always more than one potential explanation, so pictures and video must be accompanied by corroborating evidence, something that supports one interpretation more strongly than another. For example, in the photo of the gentlemen with M-16's, it is my understanding that when US intelligence assets are sent into another country surreptitiously, they are armed with foreign weapons to preserve what is called "plausible deniability". This is why, during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, they sent in and supplied Egyptian and Chinese weapons to the Mujahideen rather than weapons that could be traced back to the US. The Stinger missiles were the sole exception, because no one else had anything that could do their job as well at the time.

In that photo, the weapons are either M-16A2's or M-16A3's, which were used by the USMC. As a matter of fact, they were developed by and insisted upon by the USMC - the Marines took a good weapon, and tried to convert it into a long-range rifle, with the net result of completely destroying it's effectiveness for the intended purpose. In effect, they tried to turn an assault rifle into a sniper rifle, with less than optimal results. THAT is what those weapons in the photo are. They are not even the current M4 rifles. I note that the accused was a US Marine, and suggest that there could be another explanation entirely for that photo, and that the explanation that it shows a CIA guerrilla or clandestine unit is suspect, and may well be erroneous.

If you think Iran is planning to accuse US and Israel , then how can I prove the opposite.

They have already accused the US and Israel. What is at question is whether that accusation is in error.

The only solution would be bringing a list of US marine soldiers , then you will see the list and at last you will say Iran is making a fake list.

The US Marines have a unit that used to be called "Force Recon", but which has fairly recently undergone a name change - I can't recall what it was changed to. Those Marines have a detachment detailed to SOCOM, but are not normally engaged in long term infiltrations. Long term infiltrations are performed by other units altogether, such that Marines, as a unit, are unlikely to be found employed in that endeavor. CIA SAD/DA or US Army Special Forces are more likely to be engaged in such activity, rather than Marines. Infiltration of hostile countries and support of underground/guerrilla units is what they are trained for, rather than Marines.

A listing alone would not prove much without a logical path to the employment of the people on that list.

yjc

I'm sorry - this computer would not run the scripts required to display the images on that page. All I got was a black screen with dates in the Islamic calendar and text in Farsi. I appreciate the effort you made to supply what I asked for, and it's my own loss that the computer would not display it, no fault of yours.

The photo in my previous post is me. The weapon is a Romanian AIM reworked to resemble a Russian AK74 at a distance, and the clothes were picked up in Peshawar, Pakistan. I am an American, but not a "spy". The purpose of the getup was to blend in with the local population in a manner that I would not stand out like a sore thumb to people foreign to the area, and thus be made a special target in an effort to count a political score. It was taken several years "after action", not during.

That is the explanation for the photo, but I'm sure someone could re-work it in an effort to make me a "spy", which I have never been.

edit on 2012/1/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Believe it or not, I agree with you here. Reorganizing another country's internal customs to conform to ours is a piss-poor excuse to go to war. I honestly don't care how Iran (or any other country) treats gays, women, tax collectors or door-to-door salesmen - that is their own business.

However, when they attempt to project their customs beyond their own borders, it becomes as big a problem as when the US does it.

War is a serious business, and should never be employed to socially or politically engineer other places.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

War is a serious business

Congratulations to you for understanding what war is going to bring.

Some day I used to think that I would change Iran politically as I want.

But as time passes more and more , I think it is the people who should decide what to do with their future. Whether US attacks Iran or not , US can not impose Iranian people what to want and what to reject.

Maybe there will be some mind controlled illuminati jobs , but people want what they want.

If they want freedom , they should move for it. If they want justice , they should move for it.

And exactly about human rights , people here think that western media are very exaggerating what is really happening inside Iran borders and they are more diss-informing than they are telling the truth.

People here can see all the movies made by westerns , but they just see lying + exaggeration.

I am truly happy that we agree on this.

regards
hmdphantom.

ETA , I read your other posts. Those are some facts and it is my turn to look and investigate about them.

Thank you for providing those.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well, I'm still a bit ticked off about the whole hostages in the embassy ordeal, but that's long over and done, and it's way too late to do anything about it other than refuse diplomatic relations to the regime that did it. For what it's worth, I'm about as upset with Jimmy Carter over the whole thing as I am the Ayatollah or the students.

I have nothing against Iranians in general, although I do hold somewhat against sections of their government. Still, I don't think an invasion of Iran is a proper course of action, nor do I think the US has any business imposing our customs on Iran. Iranians are able to sort out what they want for themselves. That would be no more proper than Iran imposing their customs on the US. To be honest, I wouldn't even care if Iran put their very own nuclear weapon in every family's basement. What they do inside their own country isn't my concern. I do, however, think it would be prudent to put ABM installations all around Iran if they violate their agreement and start nuking up. That way, any outgoing nukes could be shot down over Iran's own territory, and STILL keep them within Iran. It's no more my problem if Iran blows itself up than it is Iran's problem if the US blows ITSELF up. That would be for the Iranians themselves to look to.

In the matter of this alleged spy, I believe it's nothing more than a round of political gamesmanship. It sucks when nations use people's lives to make political points, but it happens every day, the world around. This case is just more in the spotlight than usual because of the political tension already having been heightened. I don't think I've seen anything that would lead me to believe the story that he was a spy - it looks more like he was just an unlucky American, in the wrong place at the wrong time,and had now become political fodder, just as the hikers captured near the border some time ago were.

I have no doubt that the CIA has people inside Iran, just as Iran has people inside Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, etc. Countries have spies (not just Iran, not just the US - ALL countries have spies), and that's what spies do. This fellow, however, seems to me to not be one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join