It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hangar at Yucca AOF resembles one used by CIA in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
osgeoint.blogspot.com...

The article is a rehash of stuff about the TECR and Creech. Where it gets interesting is the Yucca Lake AOF, which the author calls the USAF UAV testing facility. (Note: this facility may be privately owned. ) The article links to a CIA facility in Pakistan that has the same unique rounded door.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I believe that is more indicative of common hanger construction than it is of a picture being used twice. Perhaps there are matching landmarks to suggest otherwise?

Or is the point that we should find it odd they are constructing similarly built hangers in different parts of the world?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Those hangars UAV's are kept in have those clamshell doors.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think the photo was re-used. For one thing, the AOF is longer.

It is just interesting the doors are similar. It may be indicative of the type of UAS used. Or the same contractor.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've seen those type of doors used at other bases as well. I think its just a type of door, nothing really nefarious.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Name a few. This should be easy to verify with Google Earth.

What is the advantage to a curved door? I can see it being easier to operate by hand if need be since there is nothing to lift.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just a FYI, the first image in the Open Source Intelligence report is for the TPECR (Tolicha Peak Electronic Combat Range), not the TECR (Tonopah Electronic Combat Range). Here is a link to the NTTR (Nellis Test and Training Range) map:
www.lazygranch.com...

This map used to be on the NGA website, but seems to be gone. It had the rather silly name of plugin-Nevada_Test_Range_Chart.pdf.

You can view the facility on Google Earth at
n37.313749 w116.792642
which is the location posted in the article.

The TECR is run out of R4809B. I suspect the TECR is Site-4, but never found any documentation for this. It also shows up as the Lockheed Martin building on the TTR website's map.

top topics

join