It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against Ron Paul!! (spending)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Can someone explain this please? Seems some organizations are spending money AGAINST Ron Paul.

What happens with this money? They are not spent on any other candidate, they are actually spent on Ron Paul, only AGAINST him. This was something new for me.

As an example here is the link to what the "National Organization of Marriage" are spending on him

www.opensecrets.org...

If you watch it closely, you can see that one of the individual donors/sponsors for this is actually FOX NEWS!!

Here is their total spending, seems like most of their spending is AGAINST RON PAUL

www.opensecrets.org...

So my question is this, what are money such as these used on? Negative ads? Bribes for MSM? Paying someone to off him?? I seriously have no clue, anyone does?

Edit: i can see now that some of the money is spent on ads, as that is stated in the "notes" on the payments, but for the rest i have no idea.

edit on 8-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I would like to know why a news station is spending money against a candidate and only one out of all six of them at that. That should not be on at all they are supposed to give a neutral view not try and make someone look bad without even doing it against anyone else

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
You do know that your votes are equal to 0 right?

If they don't want Ron Paul to win he won't.

And all this propaganda agains thim is good enough evidence for this and these organizations like this one that has to do with marriage are just a way to keep everything secret and make it look like small organizations are against him when in reality, a lot of power are behind them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Let's look at the numbers:

On the page you're linking to, no candidates are shown. That's the National Organization for Marriage spending, and they're spending lots and lots supporting Republicans and some against Democrats. No candidate in particular is shown.

When you look at the outsider (non-candidate, but PACS) spending breakdown by candidate, here's the table:

======================================================================
Candidate total dollars Dem (for) Against Repub (for) Against
======================================================================
Gingrich, Newt (R)-----$5,771,382..............$0...............$0.......... $1,300,445..........$4,470,937
Perry, Rick (R)----------$3,798,524..............$0............... $0......... $3,798,524............... $0
Huntsman, Jon (R)-----$2,453,454..............$0...............$0......... $2,453,454...............$0
Obama, Barack (D)----$1,991,350.............$626,978....$1,344,126.......... $0............... $0
Santorum, Rick (R)----$945,931................ $0.............$0............ $945,611............. $320
Romney, Mitt (R)-------$906,696 ................$0............. $0........... $576,538 ............ $330,158
Paul, Ron (R)------------ $875,866................ $0.............$0........... $769,190............. $106,676

There's a HUGE amount of spending against Newt Gingrich in the Republican camp -- 4 to 1 against him. Paul is ranked fourth in amount spent to support him and the dollars spent on ads for him are about six times the amount against him.

I'd argue that the conspiracy is to lock Gingrich out since the spending against him within his own party is four times the amount spent on him.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Byrd because: darn formatting

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
...and I'd say the reason that the National Organization For Marriage is spending against Ron Paul is that he answered "sure" when asked "should gays be allowed to marry?" www.nationformarriage.org...

They're hysterically against anyone who answers anything similar to "It's okay" or "I don't mind" or "we shouldn't get involved." I think you'll find that not all organizations will support values that your favorite candidate wants and thus will put out ads against them.

new topics

top topics

join