It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline pilot shocked by sight of flying shark!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Source

The pilot of a passenger jet, thought to be an Air New Zealand flight, was on his descent to Christchurch International Airport on Boxing Day when he radioed ground control with an unlikely sighting – a shark flying at several thousand feet.

This story gave me a giggle... I have heard of it raining fish before.. i have also heard of bird strike on jet engines... but this.... nope.. never before lol

Let me know what you think about this rather amusing story!

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What's next? Flying sharks with lasers

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I ran over a shark on a motorcycle once.
It was a rubber inflatable shark that people usually pull behind a boat that had come out of someone's truck, but, a shark , or at least shark-like-object nonetheless.

Perhaps the same people that are throwing rubber sharks on freeways are now filling them with helium?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Please don't give half of the story

From Your Link:

TextThe pilot of a passenger jet, thought to be an Air New Zealand flight, was on his descent to Christchurch International Airport on Boxing Day when he radioed ground control with an unlikely sighting – a shark flying at several thousand feet. The fish out of water was identified as a remote-controlled, helium-filled shark that has topped must-have present lists this Christmas. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Guess they didn't read the manual.

...should not be operated outside, near water or by children aged under three.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Nope... much worse... aggitaded mutated helium filled sharks with frickin' laser beams!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

lol.. now that could have potentialy been a dangerous incident on your motorbike hehe

I live in north queensland australia and during last years heavy rain and cyclone we had a report on the tv of a car hitting a large crocodile on the road..... unfortunately it was the real kind sans helium!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

the intent was to be cryptic so that on reading the article it would become apparent as to what happened.

That was kinda half the fun of this post. Who on earth would expect there to be a real life shark flying at that altitude?!?!

Cheers for stopping by!

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

edit on 8-1-2012 by w3nd1g0 because: dbl post =(

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

From Your Link:

TextThe pilot of a passenger jet, thought to be an Air New Zealand flight, was on his descent to Christchurch International Airport on Boxing Day when he radioed ground control with an unlikely sighting – a shark flying at several thousand feet. The fish out of water was identified as a remote-controlled, helium-filled shark that has topped must-have present lists this Christmas. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

It's in the Chit Chat Forum and was most obviously meant for some well-humored laughs...

Are you really wound that tight?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thinking about it, it sounds like a fairly depressing toy. A flying shark but it's not designed to be flown outside? Pffff! For a 100 dollars that's not much fun.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Thanks for posting,
the way you posted it... made it interesting...
other wise it would be bland... imo

But thanks for the imagination jump starter lol

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Cheers bro... yeah the headline "helium filled plastic shark spotted by pilot" would not have had the same effect i don't think!

Glad you liked it!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

From Your Link:

Ah man, what a deceiving headline. How do you leave that out? I'm think tornado or something. OUT...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
it may have been a drone, then again it may have been a shark are pilots still drug tested? was he drug tested when he landed?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLETINYOURHEAD

lol.. you make a good point... it did not mention anything about that in the article hehe

maybe he should have been? and was it just a cover up by stating it was helium filled?!?!

the tin foil thickens!

top topics

join