It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Violent kids these days, when will they grow up.

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Parents really need to step up and tame their children. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of BS.

7 Teens charged with beating classmate in court
news.yahoo.com...



OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A judge has placed seven central Fla. teens on home detention after they were charged with punching and kicking a 13-year-old girl until she was unconscious.

During Saturday's hearing, State Attorney John Zaleskie asked the judge to detain the youths until arraignment because of "extreme violence" and injuries suffered by the victim. The teens had no prior arrests.

The Ocala Star Banner (lb.vg... ) reports the teens were appointed public defenders and cannot have contact with each other or the victim while on home detention. Their parents declined comment.

The youths were charged with battery and disorderly conduct Friday after allegedly forming a circle around another girl on the school bus and hitting and kicking her repeatedly. The victim told deputies it was her first day riding the bus and no one would let her sit down. She suffered a concussion.



7 against 1....

Really, if the one who picked the fight, can't fend for herself, and need 6 others to help, you are nothing but a coward.


edit on 8-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


I'm from Afghanistan and I'm grateful for the butt whooping I got from my parents lmao. Parents cannot be TOO lenient on their children or else they will never learn what discipline and life is.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished
 


Or those that do get hit, go on to hit their peers. I'm sure there are studies going either way but who needs those when we have anecdotes. Maybe some studies showing that mercy killings benefit those killed?


Home detention though...forget the kids, what kind of lenient crap is that,

Edit: So it is until they get sentenced, makes more sense.
Although I was thinking it'd go the way of this story. www.topix.com...
edit on 8-1-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
These type of kids have REAL problems at home. Every problem child that I have ever come into contact with (10 years working in a preschool) the children were a direct reflection of their own parents and family life.

Children and teenagers who feel they need to bully and beat on other children are bullied and beat on at home. What the police and court systems need to realize is that the parents involved need to be investigated right along the with the child.
Where I live there are all kinds of rude, disrespectful, hateful little kids, as young as 5 running around. It's like nothing I have ever seen. The teaching of values, manners, and morals have been replaced with TV, Video games, and getting whatever they want.
It's sick the way the future of the planet is being brought up, my own children not included. My boys are well mannered, smart, and respectful, any and all actions otherwise are not tolerated at my house, period. I sometimes think I am the only parent left on earth this way.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1
 

The home detention is just until the next stage of the legal process, arraignment. That's not the final penalty. (Thank goodness.)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm not for parent's beating their children, but if they aren't stern enough with them, the system eventually will.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
These type of kids have REAL problems at home. Every problem child that I have ever come into contact with (10 years working in a preschool) the children were a direct reflection of their own parents and family life.

Children and teenagers who feel they need to bully and beat on other children are bullied and beat on at home. What the police and court systems need to realize is that the parents involved need to be investigated right along the with the child.
Where I live there are all kinds of rude, disrespectful, hateful little kids, as young as 5 running around. It's like nothing I have ever seen. The teaching of values, manners, and morals have been replaced with TV, Video games, and getting whatever they want.
It's sick the way the future of the planet is being brought up, my own children not included. My boys are well mannered, smart, and respectful, any and all actions otherwise are not tolerated at my house, period. I sometimes think I am the only parent left on earth this way.



i disagree.

parents arent whooping their childrens asses anymore, in fear of the "law" stepping in, and

a)arresting them
b)taking their children away.

those bullies dont know the meaning of dicipline, and are spoiled brats.


1 week in bootcamp would cure those rodents



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Many issues like this stem from the socio-economic plight of rising poverty and dwindling middle class in America, and other places.
With both parents having to work full time, where work can be found, and in many cases in the rising social structure of single parenting, many kids are left largely unattended, running wild, without any parental social adjustment.

Bring back the jobs, and lower costs of living where one parent can work and the other can stay home to mind the kids, and many of these kids might learn some manners.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to
 




I suggested boot camp for my niece. Because she knows, that once you tap her on the butt or stop her from hitting, first thing she does is call 911 and claim child abuse on us. I am like, you have got to be kidding me.

Beating you with a thick paddle, that would be considered child abuse, or chaining you the basement, then that would be child abuse. But a little tap,where you don't even flinch,are you kidding me.

I'm like whatever, here's the phone.

lol



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
With all due respect, I dislike your title. Youth's of all generations have done awful things like this. Bullies have always existed. People have always been ganged up on and beaten up. That is not a new product of the past 20 years or something.

The only difference is it is reported more often in the world of 24 hours "news".

That said, what these kids did was awful and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There is no excuse for such behavior whether it happened today or 80 years ago. Very sad.
edit on 8-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All children like this should be put on Ritalin until they are 18



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They should be made to clean all public toilets from the next 12 months.




posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


I am 42. In the 4th grade I was beat on my way home, daily, for most of the school year. Often the odds were far in excess of 3 on 1 and I am certain there were at least 7 many times.

Nothing has changed. This isn't about the youth of today. In fact -- the first people to whine about their "out of control" kids were the Athenian's, over 2000 years ago.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Manhater
 


I am 42. In the 4th grade I was beat on my way home, daily, for most of the school year. Often the odds were far in excess of 3 on 1 and I am certain there were at least 7 many times.

Nothing has changed. This isn't about the youth of today. In fact -- the first people to whine about their "out of control" kids were the Athenian's, over 2000 years ago.


and people criticized the Spartans way of life..

"what your kid has an attitude problem"
"bring him to military school, we Spartans have our own way of teaching kids honor and respect"
edit on 8-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


The Bible says spare the rod spoil the child. Truth again from the book so many hate for no reason.
edit on 8-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


I somewhat agree with you.
Even if a kid deserves a severe beating for his/her doings.
If a parent did, the authorities might be called in and fines issued, arrests made, Etc.
What the hell ever happened?
Too many laws!
When I stepped out of line, I got a reason to remember not to do it next time.
I can say this with no problems as my parents knew where the line between abuse and correction was, I am not ptsd or a social veggie so I guess a beating is ok, right?
Raising my kids I realized all of the laws and cps crap and found a way around em, I worked my kids out like a High School coach would do.
In the end, all of my kids were physically strong or fit, and have a respectful attitude.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just got ordered to go to bed by a child. She's sleeping now. So, I just snuck out. If we didn't go to bed, it would of been another officer night and another war zone.

This kid has us whooped and around her little pinky that she does need boot camp.

She only listens when the authorities come over. She don't listen to us.




posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I just got ordered to go to bed by a child. She's sleeping now. So, I just snuck out. If we didn't go to bed, it would of been another officer night and another war zone.

This kid has us whooped and around her little pinky that she does need boot camp.

She only listens when the authorities come over. She don't listen to us.



Funny!

I'm now on my third generation. My kids are in their 40s. I helped raise first grandson - now 18.

Currently raising 4 and 11 year old.

I'm finally getting the hang of it. DAMN! They really need to come with an instruction manual.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
DAMN! They really need to come with an instruction manual.


OMG, they so seriously do. Never thought it would be this much work involved.




posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


I am getting more and more outraged....regarding the abusive criminal activity of the young people in society...I have noticed an increasing trend in group violence directed towards one or two individuals...particularly among teenagers.

Now I know some of these violent teens choose to be criminals and some give into peer pressure...but also I am thinking...what on earth are their parents doing? How were these young people raised?

Also... I think that many TV programs and Hollywood movies promote violence and present criminal activity as cool and acceptable. I have noticed too that some cartoons promote crimes and violent behavior.

I don't look at teens as just young people growing up...and aren't they cute. I look at them now as people who may or may not attack me...or someone else around me.

I know there are many good teens out in society too...and I admire them...but they are the ones being attacked by the other teens that are out of control.

All of this is very disturbing to me.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join