It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's only a TINY minority that actually commits violence. And supporting those actions isn't the same as being violent or evil.

GOODNESS! Talk about absurdly RIDICULOUS aspects of Islam and those winking at the violent factors . . . SHEESH!

1. Let's assume that it were only 2%--which it's not but let's pretend . . . what's 2% of 1.X billion?

2. So . . . giving up and ordering your child to go blow themselves up at the mall isn't the same as being violent? I'M SURE MILLIONS OF SUCH PROSPECTIVE CHILDREN
are very COMFORTED by your words.

3. So, perhaps you could enlighten us ignorant types . . . when such a child is blown to pieces, is it

LESS VIOLENT

because there's less of the child to be blown to bits or because there are less countable bits?

edit on 9/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: fixing color parameters

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

. . . figures that show Muslims are willing to defend there faith, something that all the religious would do.

1. In that sentence, you seem to be obviously trying to assert that Islam is the same "all" the religious folks on the planet in such regards. I'm flabbergasted that anyone would assert such an extreme absurdity.

2. Please let us know--enlighten those of us so ignorant about "all" the religious on the planet . . . or perhaps you meant . . . religioNs on the planet . . .

A) WHICH OTHER RELIGION has more than 109 verses in their founding documents exhorting their 'true' members to violently attack and exterminate all NONMEMBERS of said religion?

B) WHICH OTHER RELIGION has thousands of members in the early prime of their life suicidally blowing themselves to bits to kill NONMEMBERS?

C) WHICH OTHER RELIGION has parents which seemingly joyfully train even their toddlers to don explosives and blow themselves to smithereens?

D) WHICH OTHER RELIGION teaches its members that they are NOT TRUE MEMBERS unless they engage in such violence?

E) WHICH OTHER RELIGION glorifies such violence on the part of members against nonmembers?

F) WHICH OTHER RELIGION has such a centuries long history of such VIOLENT CONQUEST against non members?

G) WHICH OTHER RELIGION advocates, demands bloody murder, rape, mayhem against innocent women and children of nonmembers?

H) WHICH OTHER RELIGION says God will punish those who fail to be violent against nonmembers?

. . .

. . .

I'm sure the list will be a long one in your reply given your assertion that essentially "all" other religions are EQUAL to Islam on such scores.

Its like asking a nationlist whether they would fight for there country or not.

NOPE. See above.

Everything you have posted has actively disproved your theory on 'all muslims being extremist'.

1. What an absurdly deceptive straw dog. I NEVER ASSERTED THAT "all" Muslims were anything. Putting your words in my fingers is

not honorable,
not admirable,
not accurate.

2. I am asserting that Muslims who participate in and/or support in any significant way Muslim violence on NonMuslims is a greatly higher percentage than 1 or 2% . . . or even than 5 or 10%. Certainly a big chunk of my links documented that my assertions on that score are accurate--per quality research amongst Muslim cohorts.

DISLIKING THE TRUTH
DENYING THE TRUTH

SUCKING UP TO IGNORANCE AND DECEPTION

DOES NOT

DESTROY THE TRUTH.

3. I have asserted that one expert, several years ago on C2C, found out from 13 of his HIGH RANKING MUSLIM SOURCES that they estimated it at 70%.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You really do have a major chip on your shoulder, seriously what is with the silly pictures and name calling?

Anywho I do have a response for you but it is late and I am tired so I will leave you with this and get back to you tomorrow.

There are 842 cruel and violent passages in the bible.

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

ALS

edit on 9-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Name calling? Really?

Compared to you, of course?

Been trying to religiously avoid that. LOL. Will redouble my efforts.

Chip on my shoulder? Not according to my housemates.

Clearly mileage may differ.

However, I'm still waiting to see evidence that you're dealing with what I say

about the RIDICULOUS VIOLENCE issues in Islam

vs what you'd seemingly like to pretend I said.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I did have a whole post ready for a reply but due to your last post I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I post, we are not going to be able to find common ground. I do not wish to engage in a discussion that has no positive outcome. We would only start looking like fools. You can take this as a victory if you like, that is down to you.

With that said, good luck and goodbye.

ALostSoul

edit on 9-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What we were taught was to fear Muslims, remember 9/11, war on terror. Bush administration didn't do a very good job at helping Americans with Muslim phobia, and now soon it won't even be discussed.

They did everything in their power to create mass fear all the time...If anyone should be held responsible for this shouldn't it be them. No, instead they want to censor the truth in general and shut-down Free Speech on the web so everythings hidden. Wow.

And in the mean time the Arab Spring continues to destabilize Islam, which in turn will create more radicalization, what a plan. Guess you have to counter the mega powers in Russia and China, while the front in Africa is set-up in S. Sudan to battle the insurgents coming in from Sudan and Libya.

The Bush administration destroyed this country...and now we will begin to see the affects of what the war created.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I come to ATS to reassure myself there's like minded people out there. I also like to read and take part in good debates, but sometimes this site just really makes me angry.

Anyone who think [insert name] group of people are all evil or all support violence, is blatently evil themselves and biggoted.

So what if the Qaran has some bad stuff in there. So does the bible and the Torah. Doesn't mean all Christians and Jews are evil.

The hypocrasy is that certain people here are claiming it's ooooooh so bad that Muslims want any kind of capital punishment, when America is one of only a handful of countries that still allows capital punishment for minors and intelllectually disabled people. They hold people with no charge for years on end, operate torture in black prison sites, illegal renditions.

Then UK and US go into various countries, guns blazing, murdering god knows how many (cause they don't count any more) innocent women and children, with majority support. And support Israel, another crazy religion/race (cause they can't seem to decide) country while they slaughter and steal from some more innocent folk.

And some people have the audacity to say majority of Muslims support violence?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I'm sorry but it seems the death count shows that we, the Western world, have the majority that support violence!

Seriously, take a look in the mirror!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

12.thou shall steal and rob non-Muslims....taxi driver who was a Muslim didn't follow this command the day I used his services. The fee came to £10 I thought I'd given him a £10 note and proceeded to get out of the car and walk away, 'pip' of the horn and he's waving me back and I'm thinking what have I done?

He said 'you've given me £20 note', and gave me my £10 change... He could have easily taken that money with no record of me giving me it I would have been non the wiser, But instead he did the right thing and gave me what was owed and I'm white non-Muslim by the way

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

MORE DOCS RELATED TO THE ISSUE OF RIDICULOUS VIOLENCE IN ISLAM

This one is a pdf file about abuse of women in Muslim homes:

www.bridge.ids.ac.uk...

I think the abuse of women and children in Islam is one of the more RIDICULOUSLY horrific aspects . . . of the value system, culture, mores.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Of course there are wonderful individual Muslims.

Many hereon sound like they'd be surprised to find out that there were many wonderful individual Christians.

I don't think any from my perspective consider the wonderful Muslims to be part of the

RIDICULOUS aspects of Islam

--except perhaps, in their having to resist many of the orders of the founding documents to be so wonderful.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I haven't read anyone asserting that all of any group are all evil

--THOUGH SOMETIMES it SEEMS like many hereon think that ALL CHRISTIANS are ALL EVIL.

Sheesh.

Actually,

STRAW DOGS are usually pretty absurd, when trying to make a valid point.

Either folks are willing to deal with the truth, or they aren't.

Claiming that any from my perspective are saying that all Muslims are evil

is NOT THE TRUTH.

Trying to equate the harsh passages in The Bible with the MANY, MANY DOZENS MORE

MUCH MORE RUTHLESS AND ARBITRARY, GENOCIDAL, MERCILESS PASSAGES IN THE KORAN

is absurd, illogical and contrary to fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Mate, someone did say in some countries all Muslims are evil. My post was not a reply to you. Although you obviously went on the defensive for a reason there.....

Not one person has said that Christians are evil.

The point that was made, which you seem to either ignore or refuse to understand, is that the bible contains much violence as does the Quaran, but neither Christianity or Islam are evil.

This is not contrary to fact, but is a fact.

Yet you play a game of "but they're religion is worse than my religion, wah wah wah".

All the while making good Christians look bad with your biggotry, just like some Muslims make their religion look bad with their biggotry.

Meanwhile, in the real world, we know truth. That people are people and we're all individual, just some of us are brainwashed by religious bull#.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Nammu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I don't think your even reading them.

Actually, I have read ALL the excerpts I've posted--and a lot more of the docs, besides what I've posted.

I do begin to wonder if the other side has really read my posts that are being replied to.

The RIDICULOUS aspect I've tried to focus on from the beginning in this thread is the RIDICULOUS notion that only 1-2% of all Islam supports violence.

Is there any hope that the other side will admit that such a RIDICULOUS notion

IS RIDICULOUS?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by BO XIAN

Mate, someone did say in some countries all Muslims are evil. My post was not a reply to you. Although you obviously went on the defensive for a reason there.....

Good. Thanks for the clarification.

Not one person has said that Christians are evil.

Did you miss the "SEEMS like?"

I was talking about the relentless drum beat that SOUNDS AND FEELS/SEEMS like that.

The point that was made, which you seem to either ignore or refuse to understand, is that the bible contains much violence as does the Quaran, but neither Christianity or Islam are evil.

SHOW ME, PLEASE, WHERE I've denied the Old Testament passages talking about God ordering the extermination of a tribe, nation, people group. I've never denied that.

What I have tried to assert is that

ISLAM ORDERS THE TOTAL GENOCIDAL EXTERMINATION OF

ALL (even 100% innocent) NON-MUSLIMS OFF THE PLANET.

WHEN are those on your side going to admit THAT?

THAT is CONSIDERABLY DIFFERENT FROM

God ordering a tribal group

responsible for Israel's rebellions against God to be utterly destroyed.

THAT'S MANY ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE DIFFERENT!!!

WHEN is y'all's side going to admit that? Never?

Yet you play a game of "but they're religion is worse than my religion, wah wah wah".

Perhaps you have missed my many posts where I assert that

ALL RELIGION IS HORRIFICALLY EVIL!

As I've written many times on several forums, including ATS, over the years . . . EVEN A WONDERFUL RELIGION can be readily twisted--and is always twisted--into horrific evil by the 'monster' within all of us--as prison experimenter psychologist and author Phil Zimbardo put it in one of his preface's to his INTRO TO PSYCH text.

Or, as Freud said--'EVEN A RELIGION BASED ON LOVE WILL BE UNLOVING TO THOSE NOT MEMBERS OF IT' when he was discussing IN-GROUP/OUT-GROUP dynamics. That's one of the few Freud quotes I respect.

Christ Himself said that NARROW was His way and [relatively] few would find it.

RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST vs A FLESH, STRIVING DRIVEN EGO BASED RELIGION

is a VERY DIFFERENT thing.

NO ONE, I suspect, even on ATS, has ever been outraged by an authentically loving and humble Christian earnestly trying to walk out their faith as best they could IN THEIR RELATIONSHIPS, as unto God.

And, I doubt an authentic Christian has ever been outraged by a Muslim WHO IGNORES THE VIOLENCE ORDERS IN THE KORAN and earnestly tries to relate to others out of a construct of God being kind and generous.

SUCH MUSLIMS ARE NOT MY CONCERN.

I do doubt that there's a sizable percentage of such Muslims WHO CONSIDER THEMSELVES TO BE strictly kosher Muslims.

I haven't observed ANYONE on y'all's side of the issues admitting anything close to that. Yet, the evidence is abundantly in the literature. And, it's basic logic.

HOW could any Muslim, logically, claim to be or truly FEEL KOSHER WHEN they ignored and violated any or all the Koran's STRICT, STERN, FIRM, PLAIN EXHORTATIONS AND !COMMANDS! TO VIOLENCE ON NON-MUSLIMS???

NO ONE on y'all's side has written candidly about that RIDICULOUS fact, on ATS, that I've read.

Meanwhile, in the real world, we know truth. That people are people and we're all individual, just some of us are brainwashed by religious bull#.

That's NOT the issue, to me.

The issue is . . . WHAT ARE THE PERCENTAGES INVOLVED?

and

THE 109+ exhortations/commands in the Koran, the Hadith etc. TO VIOLENCE.

Y'all's side is NOT logically nor otherwise remotely fair-mindedly or at all dealing with those issues.
edit on 10/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: fixing emphases parameters

edit on 10/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: ditto

edit on 10/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: grammar

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Dude, calm the beans! Stop shouting and freaking out.

For a Christian, you have a very un-Christian like attitude

It seems like you're being a biggot. Does that make you feel better? Don't hide behind semantics.

HOW could any Muslim, logically, claim to be or truly FEEL KOSHER WHEN they ignored and violated any or all the Koran's STRICT, STERN, FIRM, PLAIN EXHORTATIONS AND !COMMANDS! TO VIOLENCE ON NON-MUSLIMS???

*Sigh* ask the same to some Jewish folks and i bet the answer is the same. Ask the same to Catholics and the answer is the same. Ask your Christian pals, or even betterm ask yourself.

Personal question - as an obviously religious person, what kind of Christian do you count yourself as and what are you doing to stop Christian fundamentalism? How do you live with your religion when your book commands you to violence against non-believers?

Damn, even the Bhagavad Gita calls for fighting for religious principles.

Live and let live, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbour, and stop before you burst a blood vessel.

EDIT: I just noticed your little tag line under your username - "I hope to give Truth in Love". Take a step back, and think about how hypocritical that is compared to what and how you type.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Nammu because: adding extra

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Dude, calm the beans! Stop shouting and freaking out.

Interesting assumptions.

1. I doubt my blood pressure or breathing rate has increased during my post writing even half of one percent.

2. I do try to be as emotionally intense and forceful as those on the other side are. My perspective is NOT the wimpy perspective, imho.

For a Christian, you have a very un-Christian like attitude

That's an interesting response.

I wonder how much of that is 'in the eye of the beholder.'

Those who live around me would fiercely disagree with that assessment. Thankfully.

Even those who know me best on the net would disagree.

Interesting.

It seems like you're being a biggot. Does that make you feel better? Don't hide behind
semantics.

Either words mean something,

or they don't.

On a text based exchange system, WORDS (and/or graphics) carry 100% of all the message.

Therefore, your "Don't hide behind semantics" seems more than a little odd to absurd.

*Sigh* ask the same to some Jewish folks and i bet the answer is the same. Ask the same to Catholics and the answer is the same. Ask your Christian pals, or even betterm ask yourself.

Evidently some of my words in the post you're responding to did not communicate effectively.

Just because you SEEM to be UNABLE or UNWILLING to RECOGNIZE the dramatic

DIFFERENCES

between the

1. FOUNDING DOCUMENTS
2. CULTURES
3. MEMES
4. CUSTOMS
5. HABITS

of Islam, Judaism, Christianity

does NOT mean that those

DIFFERENCES

are not DRAMATIC, STARK, HUGE.

Enjoy the fantasies otherwise . . . they have a limited half-life as history rushes toward Armageddon.

Personal question - as an obviously religious person, what kind of Christian do you count yourself as

A flawed growing one . . . who at 65 years old have learned a few things with much more to learn.

and what are you doing to stop Christian fundamentalism?

I gather you are defining that negatively though I don't know how it is that you are so defining it negatively.

I define it positively. I fundamentally believe 100% wholeheartedly in the FUNDAMENTAL DOCTRINES OF THE NEW TESTAMENT GOSPELS, PAUL'S LETTERS ETC. OF CHRISTIANITY. I think the Sermon on the Mount is the best summary. And, that I Cor 12-14 is the summary of how church life ought to be. There's not the slightest need for any apology etc. regarding 'fundamentalist Christianity' as depicted, defined and illustrated in those passages.

PLEASE SHOW ME in any of those passages where there's

ANYTHING AT ALL REMOTELY EQUAL TO

THE MORE THAN 109 PASSAGES IN THE KORAN and more in the Hadith

!COMMANDING! VIOLENCE OF FAITHFUL KOSHER, 'TRUE' MUSLIMS.

How do you live with your religion when your book commands you to violence against non-believers?

I gather some of the language in the New Testament is difficult?

Or are we reading a very different book?

I don't find such "commands" in the New Testament.

Fantasies to the contrary are fantasies--not fact.

Even at Armageddon in Revelation, . . . when Christians join Christ in fighting the fallen angels and demonic forces etc. I think most Christians construe that as mostly God's Angels and supernatural power doing the fighting.

Damn, even the Bhagavad Gita calls for fighting for religious principles.

That's THEIR problem. I don't consider that a FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN problem.

Live and let live, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbour, and stop before you burst a blood vessel.

Actually, my housemate reports never having met anyone who truly does unto others as I'd like done unto me were the roles reversed . . . as much as I'm observed to do.

However, you are welcome to enjoy whatever fantasies about me enable you to sleep better with your fantasies about the RIDICULOUSly violent aspects of Islam.

I still observe, hereon, much more AVOIDING of such issues than dealing with them squarely.

edit on 10/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: adjust quote parameters

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I just noticed your little tag line under your username - "I hope to give Truth in Love". Take a step back, and think about how hypocritical that is compared to what and how you type

Evidently we have very DIFFERENT definitions

of what love is.

John and Paula Sanford in

TRANSFORMATION OF THE INNER MAN

note that

TRUTH WITHOUT LOVE = BRUTALITY
AND
LOVE WITHOUT TRUTH = USELESS/DESTRUCTIVE SENTIMENTALITY.

I work earnestly to post loving truth and truthful loving.

By God's Grace, I believe I usually succeed.

That's not usually what I get in return.

Truth is not always warm, fuzzy, wrapped in 12" of foam and rabbit fur.

Most effective truth pierces to the heart and the bone marrow.

However, the discerning have persistently reported to me on several forums that they can easily detect the love and caring I post with.

Perhaps your antennae need adjusting.

I'm still not reading in your responses remotely fair-minded candid dealing with my points about

THE RIDICULOUS VIOLENCE in Islam.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Just a note: caps and red text = SHOUTING and ANGRY in the internet world.

Ok you're a Paulist. That explains something.

Again playing the "my religion might be bad, but their religion is worse than mine" card.

Who cares if it's 109+, or 9+, or 900+. Majority of them are taken out of context anyway, and you have already admitted majority of Muslims don't follow them.

If numbers mean so much to you, go look at the numbers of how many Muslims we 'Christian' nations have killed in the past 10 years. Thats pretty anti-Christian of us.

I also love how Christians ignore one half of their holy book in favour of the other. The Old Testament is as much a part of your religion as the New Testament is. I certianly didn't read the part where Jesus commanded to discount the rules set by God in the first book. If you do choose to ignore the Old for the New, then you have to take Jesus' true teachings to heart and accept all for who they are and for their own decisions and path lifes, for God almighty will make the final judgement on us all, not you. So no amount of you shouting on a message board, trying to warn us or whatever you're doing, will make a difference.

And also remember, in Islam Jesus is a messiah and prophet and his teachings are revered. He's mentioned more times in the Quaran than Mohammed. But lets ignore the good and focus on the bad, eh?

In Islam, just like in all religions, there's very very few devout 'true' followers in comparison to the rest. And in all religions those 'true' folk are well scary.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Just a note: caps and red text = SHOUTING and ANGRY in the internet world.

On that score, I confess that my DAFFYNITIONARY is DIFFERENT from the conventional average.

And, I confess that I love creativity and color in text and in life. The same old/same old is less pleasant to me and less communicative.

I've been such a 'bird-of-rare-plumage' all my life--AND GOT CRITICISM REGARDLESS of how desperately I tried to be conventional--I eventually decided I had to just be myself and let the chips fall where they may.

I would ask, however, what net-wide oversight board DECREED that when

I

use CAPS or color or whatever . . . that

I HAD TO BE shouting

vs--raising my eyebrows;
vs--raising my tonal frequency
vs--altering my cadence
vs--tilting my head
vs--widening my eyes
vs--looking cross-eyed
vs--speaking carefully one word at a time
vs--speaking softly but sternly
vs--whispering with gritted teeth

??????????????????????????

However, i understand and expect to be misconstrued on that score. It's part of the price I pay for being me. Alas, I cannot be anyone else.

Ok you're a Paulist. That explains something.

No. I don't see it that way--though I don't know what you mean by that. Paul said to follow him AS HE FOLLOWED CHRIST. Following Christ is the focus.

Again playing the "my religion might be bad, but their religion is worse than mine" card.

Ahhhhhh playing the "ALL RELIGIONS ARE EQUAL" card again!

Who cares if it's 109+, or 9+, or 900+. Majority of them are taken out of context anyway,

Welllllllllll, the last I checked . . . 109 is significantly DIFFERENT from 9 or 900.

Or are you saying that you'd just as soon receive $9 million dollars as to receive $109 million or $900 million???

IIRC, the incidents in the OT where God instructed the Israelites to exterminate every living soul of a tribe or people group--were less than 10. Maybe no more than 5.

That's ENORMOUSLY DIFFERENT than the Koran's exhortation to totally exterminate off the planet EVERY LIVING SOUL not a Muslim. I suspect you'd consider it different, too were you the last such living nonMuslim soul about to go under the Muslim sword.

ACTUALLY, the 'out of context' thing is an absurd bit of propaganda. When they are put in elaborate context, they are WORSE. And, actually, as read and quoted on the pages they occur on--they are NOT out of context. They are starkly vivid and intense as they are listed and written.

and you have already admitted majority of Muslims don't follow them.

Perhaps my math is worse than I thought. However . . .

[img]

Sooooo in

Palestinian terr: 68% who sometimes to often believe suicide bombing/other violence against civilians is justified to defend Islam from its enemies = a MINORITY?

Add rarely and it's 78%

In Lebanon the sometimes to often would be 35% Add rarely = 60%

And that's on a fairly narrow definition of supporting violence.

If numbers mean so much to you, go look at the numbers of how many Muslims we 'Christian' nations have killed in the past 10 years. Thats pretty anti-Christian of us.

Those might be interesting figures. How those figures would stack up against murders of the innocent by Muslims would also be interesting. Maybe someone will post both.

I also love how Christians ignore one half of their holy book in favour of the other. The Old Testament is as much a part of your religion as the New Testament is. I certianly didn't read the part where Jesus commanded to discount the rules set by God in the first book. If you do choose to ignore the Old for the New, then you have to take Jesus' true teachings to heart and accept all for who they are and for their own decisions and path lifes, for God almighty will make the final judgement on us all, not you. . . .

Who said anything about ignoring the Old? Christ did note he fulfilled the law in the Old. And, The Old Testament was known as the era of Law--when God was intent on demonstrating to man the consequences of violating the law. This is known as the era of GRACE. There's a DIFFERENCE.

And also remember, in Islam Jesus is a messiah and prophet and his teachings are revered. He's mentioned more times in the Quaran than Mohammed.

Then perhaps you can tell me how and/or why it is that individuals, families, tribes who have dreams, visitations, visions of Jesus The Christ as God . . . and convert to Christianity risk or actually are slaughtered . . . given the reverence you assert Christ holds in Islam???

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm an American Atheist. I steer away from All religions. In this country I've been persecuted in recent years for just being a godless Atheist (which apparently, if polls are to be believed, is right alongside rapists and child molesters and rates lower than Muslims). Christians have pretty much put me down. Not all of them, mind you, but many in high-ranking positions (relative of course, as in heads of companies I've worked for and supervisors, That sort of thing).

Yet I have to kind of defend Christianity when compared to Islam. At least Christians have more or less progressed over the centuries. When was the last time a Christian burned a witch at the stake? When was the last time a Muslim suicide-bombed? From what I've read of the Muslims--their beliefs, their OCD-like rituals, their base teachings--These guys are really Out of it. We're talking Stone Age Beliefs here, folks...

Let me put it to you another way. These guys pray half a dozen times a Day and perform ritual Cleansings just as many times. We're talking obsessive-compulsive behavior here Not just a bible-based belief system. Why do they do it? They're brainwashed into doing it. Part of the "reasoning" behind it, from what I've managed to read, has to do with what Muhammad teaches. In part, the Devil urinates in our ears when we're asleep and sleeps in our nostrils. So obviously That is the justification for the OCD bathing ceremonies. The prayer has to do with invisible Angels which sit on peoples' shoulders, and they must be praised to keep Satan away.
If they Didn't believe in these things, they wouldn't do them. They wouldn't be "fundamentalist" Muslims. But they all do it because they Believe It. They believe it through brainwashing. As a result I just don't think they're quite...what's the word I'm looking for? Yeah, SANE. The OCD stuff Rules their Lives, right down to having to pray in the Right direction, Sleep just this way and not that, and Never use their Left hand while eating and so on and so on. They are Slaves to this bone-headed Stone Age religion! More importantly, according to Islam law if you want to abandon the Muslim way of life, the only way out is TO DIE! Excuse me, but does anyone here know of any other religion with this Penalty?

Excuse me for my Ignorance, but I just Don't See This sort of thing happening across Other religions. I also don't see other religions preaching Kill All People who don't believe the way we do. Oh yeah some of that Is in the Christian Bible but it's glossed over for the most part. I think most Christians have just matured to the point where they know it's not to be taken literally and certainly aren't going to kill non-Christians because the bible says so (or so I hope!). It Isn't with Islam. If you want proof of this just look at all the suicide bombers and terrorists which Islam has produced. I just don't see that sort of thing, numbers-wise, with Christianity and other religions these days. Yeah, there are Jesus nuts out there and Dominionists but they are by far swamped by the number of Muslim ones. If we were to hold a terrorist convention (wow, where'd I come up with that one from?) 99% of the attendees would be wearing towels on their heads.

And I won't even Bother getting into how they degrade and treat their women, much less Atheists, queers, and anyone who Dares make a stick figure drawing of Muhammed or rips a Kuran! Or Islamic "Science" which is a laugh: the sun sets in a murky swamp, the gender of a baby is dermined by whether the male or female climaxes first, blood-letting is a cure, as is camel urine consumption! I'm Not making this crap up, oh how I wish I was, they actually believe this. Now people are going to come at me and say, "Well, much of this was said by Muhammed and Not written in the Kuran." From my understanding though, whatever Muhammed said Is the word of God and Is totally authoritative and true. So if you believe in the Kuran you believe in Muhammad. No Ifs, Ors, or Buts.

What we have here is a clash of cultures: The 21st Century vs. The Stone Age.
Pick a side. And don't give me this "We must respect other beliefs" crapola. What you're saying is we should Respect Ignorance and Intolerance. These people need to be Educated AND FAST and Islam needs to be stamped out before it kills us all.

Oh, and just to clear up another myth, America's Founding Fathers weren't all Christians. In fact the majority were Atheists or Agnostics. Basically they weren't faith-heads but free-thinkers.

edit on 25-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join