It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check on the NH debates -- and Fact checking the Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The problem with watching (rather than reading) is that quite often your brain doesn't catch all the problems in a statement when it's made with charm and confidence. There are a number of "fact checking" organizations that will examine the debates and speeches and will check some of the claims made.

And it's apparent when the candidates don't really do any deep examination of issues.

Here's the run-down from last night

Now, I picked just that one source but others are in agreement with what was reported there. So I looked up some fact checking websites -- since as anyone who ever had to review sources knows, you NEVER go with just a single source. Here, for your debate enjoyment purposes (or your OWN fact checking on others' statements) are some of the major fact checking websites.

www.politifact.com...

www.factcheck.org...

www.opensecrets.org...
(a rather interesting article shows that while Ron Paul leads the pack in donations from military, Barack Obama comes in second. The others have almost no donations from the military)

And while we're at it, here's Factcheck's "worst whoppers of 2011":
factcheck.org...

edit on 8-1-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder if military contractors would count as military donations..
Something to think about,
Considering a lot of money goes there.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

No. If you looked at the results, the donors identify themselves by branch of the military. These are small amounts. The "military supports Ron Paul" seems to be mainly the young enlistees. Traditionally the officer corps supports Republican candidates and they tend to be very conservative. I suspect that many career military who support the Republicans are supporting Romney.

(I come from a military family, and am the sole liberal Democrat.)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I wonder if military contractors would count as military donations..
Something to think about,
Considering a lot of money goes there.

I would think most Military Contractors know which Side their Bread is Buttered On .......Obama .

new topics

top topics

join