It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these images of a contrail or a "chemtrail"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
Contrails extend a short distance behind jets or prop jets. They do not last long at all and keep the same length behind a plane as it moves across the sky.

If you watch a plane move across the sky and notice a small trail behind it that does not linger, you will notice that the thing you are viewing maintains its profile as it goes by.

The thing called a "chemtrail" is that lingering trail that stays in the sky all across that field of view that seems to widen as it appears to dissipate but never really dissipates. It seems to spread out and expand.

Even if chemtrails were real, until you actually understand why what you wrote here is wrong you cant get anywhere. If you begin with a false premise, everything that follows will be wrong.

How come everyone who believes in chemtrails also doesn't understand how contrails behave? That is probably the entire root of the theory. Allied, that is, to the shysters who make money out of selling 'snake oil' to believers.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

Agreed.

Especially if the video is the creation of a disinformationist, a dimwit, or a Troll.

How right you both are! Michael Murphy is one of the biggest disinfo agents cum trolls around. He is one of the central conmen behind chemtrail theory.

edit on 8-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I live outside a small town in Washington near the Idaho border..

we have NO factories here at all..

closest city Is Spokane 80 miles away..

who knows what it was, i sure don't..

but thanks Chad..

maybe i will never find out...

still on the fence though...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

80 miles huh? Now, how far away is the Sahara Desert from Yorkshire? Don't underestimate the atmosphere.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.sky.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 8-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

I live outside a small town in Washington near the Idaho border..

we have NO factories here at all..

closest city Is Spokane 80 miles away..

who knows what it was, i sure don't..

Possibly wildlife crapping on you - the New Zealand CAA apparently gets a lot of complaints that are sort of similar - although you didn't specifically mention smelly!

See also here

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Thank you my friend!..

that made my day..

our dots/drops were very small..

so probably not scat or poop from passing planes...

but thanks for the links...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Well at the end of the day, you probably won't ever know what it was.

If it happens again though, grab a sample!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

What's sad is that he helped finance What in the world are they spraying, which had a budget of $50,000

So instead of using that money to hire an aircraft capable of gathering samples directly from the trail and therefore proving one way or another if chemtrails are real or not, they make a movie that muddys the water even more.

He ain't interested in finding the truth, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Contrails extend a short distance behind jets or prop jets. They do not last long at all and keep the same length behind a plane as it moves across the sky.

If you watch a plane move across the sky and notice a small trail behind it that does not linger, you will notice that the thing you are viewing maintains its profile as it goes by.

The thing called a "chemtrail" is that lingering trail that stays in the sky all across that field of view that seems to widen as it appears to dissipate but never really dissipates. It seems to spread out and expand.

Even if chemtrails were real, until you actually understand why what you wrote here is wrong you cant get anywhere. If you begin with a false premise, everything that follows will be wrong.

How come everyone who believes in chemtrails also doesn't understand how contrails behave? That is probably the entire root of the theory. Allied, that is, to the shysters who make money out of selling 'snake oil' to believers.

Actually, I was not forming any argument. There are no premises and there is no conclusion. What I wrote was explicatory. I wrote nothing that was "wrong"

So there is no false premise and even if there were, an argument can be made of entire false premises and have a false conclusion as well and yet still be a valid argument.

I know your deal. You're the troll here. You don't know what you're talking about. You attempt to insult those people who try to give you a little info. You wouldn't recognise an argument if it knocked your teeth out.

The next thing coming from "monkey speak" will be that there is no such thing as truth.

Explain the rules in my tagline and maybe I'll grant you a small amount... small.. of credibility, or powers of discernment.

Haven't you anything better to do than create moronic emotional arguments?

Why don't you tell us what's up in those trails? I'd be interested in hearing your theory about it.

I can tell you that if you're under 30, you haven't a clue.

So... if you don't want to be insulted right back, perhaps you might think about knocking off the nanabooboo 2 year old stuff and try for a productive dialog.

You don't WIN anything here. What you get here is the opportunity to look at ideas and consider them.
edit on 8-1-2012 by akalepos because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I promise Chad..

if it happens again..I will..

you have my word on that..

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
remember how the contrails used to disappear almost instantly, they sure don't anymore.

I don't know if you're being deliberately dishonest, but your statement is 100% completely false. And had you not ignored my previous post or the link within, you more than likely would not have posted that statement above unless you're purposely trying to perpetuate the "chemtrail" HOAX.

Again, contrails have been persistent in the sky decades before you were even born. You can see some images dating back to the 1940's with persistent contrails at the link below:

contrailscience.com...

I sincerely hope you do not ignore this information again.

edit on 8-1-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I think that you are right also, as I mentioned what I have seen from B52s when I was a kid. You have to remember also that they did cloud seeding back the. I think those were smaller aircraft doing that.

The only thing I find different these days are what I mentioned in my post.

But essentially he is also right as the preponderance of trails were short lived back then, with lingering trails being an exception rather than the norm.

I have sat out here early and watched the planes that are headed to or coming from the LA area and they all seem to have the short contrails. There is also a flight path to Palm Springs through here that has the same effect.

When the specious "chemtrails" are here, there is a marked difference. It certainly is a puzzle isn't it?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

But I do remember that in the 60's the B52's that actually patrolled our skies left long contrails in the air. This is presumably because they flew higher in the colder air. (above 30,000)
]

Masterful debunking of your own argument!!

Also, there are normal approach flight paths for commercial air craft. They do not have the propensity to criss cross the entire sky creating large patterns which develop into cloud cover fairly quickly.

Followed by display of total ignorance of air routes.

Have a look here for some FAA route maps - press the "Enroute H4" button for an example - you can click and drag the map around and look at various different "Enroute H-?" map numbers.

Now you know better than to post that particular piece of drivel ever again!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

The false premise is that 'contrails do not persist', Whether you meant it to be or not, that's what it is, because its completely wrong, despite your protestation.

Then your post descends into what appears to be an attempt at 'cyber bullying'. Unlucky mate, I dont play those sort of infantile games, I prefer to stick to the topic.

I couldn't even begin to answer it anyway as it bears no relation to anything I've written at all. Unless you ARE Michael Murphy, then I might understand why you are being so aggressive, as that's the only 'insult' I can perceive?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You have to remember also that they did cloud seeding back the.

Cloud seeding didn't start on any major scale until the 1960's and 1970's. And "cloud seeding" has to do with modifying actual clouds. Contrails going across the sky have nothing to do with cloud seeding, and contrails were still persistent decades before cloud seeding even began.

**edit to add**

But essentially he is also right as the preponderance of trails were short lived back then, with lingering trails being an exception rather than the norm.

Looking at the images HERE, it would seem that persistent and long contrails were the norm back then, just as they are today. Real research returns real truths.

edit on 8-1-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: added info

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Regarding the preponderance of trails - the only ones I have any memory of from the late 60's as a kid is long ones.

I am sure that there were short ones at times too, but I do not remember them at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Haven't you anything better to do than create moronic emotional arguments?
]

The whole chemtrail scare-saga is one big "moronic emotional argument" in hte first place.

Anyone debunking it obviously has something better to do than create it - they debunk it!

Why don't you tell us what's up in those trails? I'd be interested in hearing your theory about it.

I can tell you that if you're under 30, you haven't a clue.

Because what??

I'm 52 .....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not remembering something is not the same as that thing not existing worldwide.

I don't remember gum spots on sidewalks before 2003. Does that mean they did not exist before 2003? Maybe that was just the first year I noticed them.

The biggest argument against "I don't remember them" is that millions of people DO remember them, and plus their memories are backed by consistent photographic evidence.

Not to mention science. Since contrails are clouds, then how exactly does the physics work that that makes them always quickly dissipate? Sure then ALL clouds would quickly dissipate?

What's the difference between a contrail and a cloud?
edit on 8-1-2012 by Uncinus because: sp

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Wouldn't waste my time reading that, I have been researching this CHEMTRAIL theory for 10 years, I know what I see, I know what is causing some of the health issues, and I have a good idea why they are doing it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Just went and had a quick look at your contrail link, photoshop can be wonderful can't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join