It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these images of a contrail or a "chemtrail"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would like to ask the "chemtrail'ers" specifically how they can look at a contrail and just automatically say that it's a "chemtrail":

Two people on this forum have already called the above "chemtrail" in another part of the forum. It is getting rather ridiculous that people are replacing the real word contrail with a made-up word that doesn't even exist: "chemtrail", while continuing to perpetuate the "chemtrail" HOAX.

So, I ask; Just by looking at these images, how can you ("chemtrail'ers") tell that this is a "chemtrail" and not a contrail? Make those of us that don't believe in "chemtrails" understand how you can distinguish the two.

edit on 8-1-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

This is going to open up a big fat can of ugly worms on here. People who don't think CHEMtrails exists will bombard you with information on how CONtrails are formed and that there is no such thing as a CHEMtrail.

However, if you believe in CHEMtrails, then everyone of those you see is one. They are one and the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It kinda looks like a contrail to me but who know I could be wrong lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Good question OP. I think the intelligent default position on this particular trail would be to say that we just don't know. To me it looks no different than the rest of them.

I'm a believer of the chemtrail hypothesis though. I've seen plenty through binocs that don't refract the entire colour spectrum as water crystals should. Sometimes just yellow with purple and nothing more. Those ones are suspect.

I can't believe anyone could look at your pics though and immediately decide it's chemical based. Can't wait for the fringe lunatics to arrive

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Interesting link here

gives a little more info on contrails and chemtrails..

I am still on the fence for now...

I have seen some strange trails in the sky in my lifetime..(51)

I guess we will never know the truth...

edit on 8-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
reply to post by _BoneZ_

This is going to open up a big fat can of ugly worms on here. People who don't think CHEMtrails exists will bombard you with information on how CONtrails are formed and that there is no such thing as a CHEMtrail.

However, if you believe in CHEMtrails, then everyone of those you see is one. They are one and the same.

I think you are wrong on both counts. It appears that the OP already knows about contrail formation from the way the question was phrased.

And if a believer thinks they are one and the same they haven't understood the theory correctly.
edit on 8-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Terrible source.

The "contrails only last a short time" argument has been well and truly destroyed.

And they have the gall to call it propaganda when they themselves are the ones spreading lies...

I dunno, these truthers seem to tell more lies than anything, why?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Any source, absolutely any, that starts to differentiate between contrails and chemtrails by talking of how long they persist in comparison to each other is completely worthless, simply because the writer has, all by themselves, announced the fact that they don't actually know anything about contrails.
edit on 8-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Contrail? What is a contrail? I don't think I have seen one of those in years, all I have been seeing is CHEMTRAILS come on people wake up, contrails dissipate...quickly, CHEMTRAILS spread and encompass the sky whenever an operation is in progress.I have hundreds of pictures of both, but I'm sure you have heard it before.

educate-yourself.org...

www.dailymotion.com...

google.com

www.chemtrails2011.com...

www.holmestead.ca...

Just a couple links to feed the masses
edit on 8/1/12 by argentus because: fixed broken links

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

ok..let me ask you a question...story first..

last summer my wife and i went out on our deck..

she looks up and says to me, is that a chemtrail?

I said "I don't know, let's see what it does"..

It started to get wider over time, 20 mins, and i mean really wide...

then it had a greenish purple hue to it..

we sat outside just watching it get wider and then the weirdest thing happened..

we could feel it hitting our skin and see green droplets on the deck..

we ran inside and took showers right away..

scared the crap out of both of us..

later that day i went outside to see if it was still there but it had dissipated by then..

I had to hose off the deck and both of our cars, they had little green dots all over them too..

so my question is...

do contrails fall from the sky and leave green dots?

as far as i know they do not......

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
Contrail? What is a contrail? I don't think I have seen one of those in years, all I have been seeing is CHEMTRAILS

Michael J Murphy, creator of "What in the World are they spraying" says you cannot distinguish a contrail from a chemtrail by sight, and that persistent contrails do exist so he "time factor" isn't any use either.

So how are you so sure?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

contrails dissipate...quickly, CHEMTRAILS spread and encompass the sky whenever an operation is in progress

That's one of the answers I was looking for. So then tell me, you believe they were "spraying chemtrails" back in the 1940's or earlier? Because if you GO HERE, you'll see images of contrails dating back to the 1940's that persist and go across the entire sky.

What's your explanation for that then?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Contrail? What is a contrail? I don't think I have seen one of those in years, all I have been seeing is CHEMTRAILS come on people wake up, contrails dissipate...quickly, CHEMTRAILS spread and encompass the sky whenever an operation is in progress.I have hundreds of pictures of both, but I'm sure you have heard it before.

What is the process that makes a contrail disappear quickly, why does it not do the same thing to clouds and why do clouds spread out to cove the sky?

Thinking about this should help you patch the hole in your understanding.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You do realise anything above you, especially drops of liquid, won't fall straight down right?

Best example is a sun shower, completely clear above and it's raining...

Anyway, no idea what fell on you, you should have grabbed a sample to get tested but it was probably a nearby source.

Did you investigate how widespread these green droplets were? Did you speak to your neighbours?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I think you already know that contrails don't do that. However the weather is a powerful thing and when certain air currents occur sand from the Sahara Desert falls on the UK giving everyone's cars a fine sprinkling of dust that has to be carefully washed off.

I have never seen green drops. What did they consist of? did the local met office have reports of this? such an occurrence would surely generate lots of reports from a wide area?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by Chadwickus

You do realise anything above you, especially drops of liquid, won't fall straight down right?

this was a loooong trail behind and in front of our house..

Best example is a sun shower, completely clear above and it's raining...

sun showers are myths..no humidity here...

Anyway, no idea what fell on you, you should have grabbed a sample to get tested but it was probably a nearby source.

so you say..we were freaked out..

Did you investigate how widespread these green droplets were? Did you speak to your neighbours?

Don't have any neighbors...and you didn't answer my question..

"do contrails fall from the sky and leave green dots? "
edit on 8-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How am I so sure? I have been watching the skys for over 40 years, remember how the contrails used to disappear almost instantly, they sure don't anymore. A friend also had some strange web like stuff he found analysed and traces of barium and aluminum among other things were found in it, I think I will take my friends word over a video on the internet

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Contrails extend a short distance behind jets or prop jets. They do not last long at all and keep the same length behind a plane as it moves across the sky.

If you watch a plane move across the sky and notice a small trail behind it that does not linger, you will notice that the thing you are viewing maintains its profile as it goes by.

The thing called a "chemtrail" is that lingering trail that stays in the sky all across that field of view that seems to widen as it appears to dissipate but never really dissipates. It seems to spread out and expand.

"Chemtrail" is a proper word for it as the properties of it's existence is different from those of contrails, and seem to mimic the properties of a chemical spray in the air the same as crop dusting would create, or as in the past, these trails imitate what used to be know as cloud seeding to help produce rain.

Essentially, chem trails are no different than that, but what is not known about them, is what exact chemicals are being spayed and for what purpose.

If you eyes can't tell you the difference between the two air borne "trails" then I don't know what to tell you.

Empiricism is dead? Not likely.

But I do remember that in the 60's the B52's that actually patrolled our skies left long contrails in the air. This is presumably because they flew higher in the colder air. (above 30,000)

Also, there are normal approach flight paths for commercial air craft. They do not have the propensity to criss cross the entire sky creating large patterns which develop into cloud cover fairly quickly.
edit on 8-1-2012 by akalepos because: added info

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

Agreed.

Especially if the video is the creation of a disinformationist, a dimwit, or a Troll.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Do contrails fall from the sky and leave green drops?

No.

There was a recent story about a suburb that got what was described as yellow rain falling on them, turned out to be a local source, a nearby factory.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join