It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is just the moon??!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Current Moon Phase and Position (very cool site)

www.moongiant.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by football6

It is in England ......
www.wordreference.com...

edit on 8-1-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Once again, I will post this link Is it a star, planet, aircraft lights, satellite or.........a UFO? Find out here!

If one wants to know what is up there in the sky w/out having a telescope

Stars, planets
Stellarium
American Meteor Soceity

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 8/1/12 by Whateva69 because: Doh

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Easy step by step to posting your pics.

Once you have your pic on your computer, right click it and see what size it is, its best if its 500 pixles wide. You can see what size pics are on a post too by doing the same, right click and look at the properties.
Just change the size in your paint.

If you need a full scale pic, don't resize, its best just to add the thumbnail to your post, then reader can open it from the thumb nail

Once you have the pic at that size. Go to ATS and click the Tools button at the top

Click ATS uploads let the page load and you will see a select image file button on the left. Click it and choose your pic from your computer.

Once the button is viewable again, refresh the page, sometimes it takes you to refresh it before it shows that your pic is on there.

Then click the pic you uploaded and you’ll have a few choices. Use in post, create thumbnail or external url link.
highlight and copy the use in post code and paste that in your post the way it is.

love and harmony
Whateva

Actually, it is best to do NO resizing, no editing, nothing. Directly upload photo from camera to a hosting site such as photobucket or imageshack so that the photo data is kept in tact. Once one starts messing with it, the photo loses credibility.

I beg all of you...please never ever EVER do any kind of editing to your photos - and resizing is editing.

Just an FYI

edit on January 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh thanks for that. I will remove the post, i was just trying to help,

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

I took it the wrong way, perceived it as a way of you correcting me.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yeah any future pictures will only be off my phone, uploaded directly here. I feel my sloppy phone pictures are much better than just a clear HD sky shot of whatever the imagination dreamed up.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by football6
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I was driving and trying to take pictures with my phone. What did you expect?

I wasn't having a go at your photography skills; I realise it must have been hard doing it whilst driving. It was just all those sloppy looking links in your previous post that made me laugh. It's a nightmare trying to embed stuff in to posts sometimes.

I still struggle with youtube vids these days

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Although it wasn't me who took, or uploaded, the pictures I completely agree. I think this one is cased closed

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
umm ok. ive looked at the pictures you have posted and im not sure if its a troll or not but in all honesty everything but the second picture looks like a sunset -.-. but on the second picture you have a light grey blurry object in the sky could be a plane or a sign that is just blurred out of all detail lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

First of all YOU should not be allowed to drive it's that simple, people get killed by IDIOTS using their phone while driving but you go one better taking photos!

Risking your life but more importantly OTHERS for what ... NOTHING!!!
edit on 9-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Seems like I can handle myself on the road.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

no doubt mate but i guess what he is saying is by your pics you obviously are failing to do both activities at once maybe do one at a time? for your own safety and for the safety of others.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

reply to post by Thundersmurf

I was driving and trying to take pictures with my phone. What did you expect?

A mass pile up?

For real OP how foolish and inconsiderate could you possibly be? On the highway taking pictures of chit in your rearview mirror and stuff. You are lucky you didn't kill yourself and anyone else. Next time pull over and take a photo from outside your moving 3000lb. missile.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Given your location in the pictures; which is I-71 heading east-northeast just before highway 665 and before I-270 that would be the lovely moon as others have stated.

The only reason I know the approximate location is because of land features and markers found in your photos. If you go to Google maps and utilize their street view, you can replicate a few of your pictures. Not trying to discount what you saw, just giving what I have interpreted as a more accurate location and general direction.

Would have been fantastic if you were able to catch a clear picture!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Seems like I can handle myself on the road.

I wonder how smug you would be if a member of your family was killed by an IDIOT taking pictures while driving
and it would be really ironic if you were that IDIOT!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

When did this thread turn into a pissing match about driving and the things people do on the road? OP, seriously just ignore them -- regardless of their point -- the thread is about what you saw, not how you captured it.

WMD -- I have my personal views on such activities but that isn't the purpose of the OPs thread. Instead you decided that you must present your opinion, in a highly combative and holier-than-thou attitude; so my guess is your hands are always at 10 and 2 (or whatever variation of practiced safe driving habits you choose) and you never while operating an automobile:

Talk to other people
Eat a french fry
Quiet children
Brain fart
Change the radio station
Drop something at your feet and momentarily try to reach for it
Take your eyes off the road for more than 2-5 seconds
Glance out your window
etc...

Discuss the point and subject of the thread in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

what I dont undertsnad is why its at your left,then appears in front of you?
How far aprt were the pictures taken,(how much time in between?)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Can't quite speak for the OP, but my assumption is the one picture to his left is that of an artifact that could be produced -- though he never explained his linked photos. Given the other photos presented, I-71 and his general location at the time, the object photographed is most likely the low rising moon behind clouds during sunset.

Maybe he can offer more insight to the one photo that produced an image to his left.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join